It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just so the debukers know

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
In many, many UFO cases I have looked at, 'ball lightning' is cited as a possible cause (this seems to be the debunkers dream, along with marsh gas and weather balloons
). Just to set the record straight, here is an evaluation of the properties of ball lightning.

Things to note:

average lifetimes of 5 seconds (max lifetime: a couple of minutes)

average diameter is 30cm, max is a few metres

usually size, color, and brightness remain constant throughout its life, until it fades right before termination

Hopefully (but I doubt it
) this clear up a few debunkings.

source: www.tbns.net...

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Ball lightning itself has been debunked... Just the fact that this dude spent twenty years studying it and never personally witnessed it, and can't be sure that it exists, is reason enough for me to believe it doesn't.

www.straightdope.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The reason swamp gas, aruras, and weather balloons debunk so many sighting is because they often come with thousands of witnesses. They are commonly seen and unknown to the viewers and there for ARE mistaken for UFOs a lot. That doesn't mean that all UFOs have been explained.

Debunkers don't try to make excuses, they try to seperate the explainable from the unexplainable.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 02:31 AM
link   
This (the first link) explains nearly everything of what I've saw when I was younger!

The ball I've seen didn't appear before nor after any storm it just 'peeked' from outside my window for a few seconds and then 'floated away' from the direction it came from, during perfect weather..
hmm.. *looks more into subject*

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I find it hard to believe that someone studying it for 20 years wasn't able to see it... I'd suggest he go to a farmland area right after a good thunderstorm... I've seen it once, and I never really studied it (until after the sighting)...on my Grandma's farm. It was blue, about the size of a beachball, and rode the wire fence for about 30 seconds to a minute....

I would agree that ball lightning is only a likely explaination for a VERY few UFO sightings... Another characteristic not mentioned, is that it usually isn't in mid-air, and typically rides along power lines and other conductors, and/or is usually fairly low to the ground. That right there rules it out for many cases.

new topics

top topics

join