It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

just a thought.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Are you trolling or complimenting? Cant see social ques in those words.

Sorry I get defensive. Got to protect my concepts, you know?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep

Are you trolling or complimenting? Cant see social ques in those words.

Sorry I get defensive. Got to protect my concepts, you know?

I'm saying you did a good job.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Originally posted by jisujaaljo
[H]ow come that we humans willingly lean back out of lazyness in front of the tv channels, many who hates there [their] life even, instead of rising up to the things that are unjust and screwed up in the world[?]

Because it is the path of least resistance. Ignorance is bliss. Self-educating is difficult. Philosophy is worthless. Reality is difficult. Waste time here to gain time in eternity.

In order to rise up, one must get off the couch. In order for someone to tackle problems, he must first tackle his own problems.

Reality is not difficult. It is only difficult when you want it to be different. Then it is you that is difficult. This difficulty can be eliminated, then all 'your' problems will be solved.
edit on 11-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

You can only speak for yourself but fail to do so. To you its not difficult. Tell that to the starving and the sick, to the people your 'now' rolls right over.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

Haha. You are very damaged by the concept trolls.
My view on the comment was.
"True. It was very good explained indeed"
While you saw sarcasm.

Suck it in. You are very very good at making something complex understandable

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

You can only speak for yourself but fail to do so.

Who am i speaking for then?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Tell that to the starving and the sick, to the people your 'now' rolls right over.

Are you speaking for others?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

If you understood grammar, you would rather speak from your perspective, ie. in the first person, rather than mine, ie. the 2nd person. Take a look how you so kindly speak for my perspective:

Reality is not difficult. It is only difficult when you want it to be different. Then it is you that is difficult. This difficulty can be eliminated, then all 'your' problems will be solved.

should be:

Reality is not difficult. It is only difficult when [I] want it to be different. Then it is [me] that is difficult. This difficulty can be eliminated, then all 'my' problems will be solved.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
and
reply to post by jisujaaljo

Thanks, I pray a lot for answers and the ability to understand.

Sorry, if that wierds you out, but I had to say it cause I don't like people being praised; I think all credit should go to God.

However, I do loooove affirmation, so thanks for saying you agree and/or understand my concept.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

If reality is difficult for you then it is you that is difficult. It was you who claimed that reality is difficult not I.

Reality is not difficult.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

If you understood grammar, you would rather speak from your perspective, ie. in the first person, rather than mine, ie. the 2nd person. Take a look how you so kindly speak for my perspective:

should be:

Reality is not difficult. It is only difficult when [I] want it to be different. Then it is [me] that is difficult. This difficulty can be eliminated, then all 'my' problems will be solved.

Are you finding reality difficult?
I am not.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
...in the bath..

I have my laptop in the bath every morning.....

I get caught up on my email and ATS...multi tasking.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Well, you are a very likable clean laptop person

Edit just to ask how you manage to get time to bath every morning. You aint just a multitasker. You are the Queen of multitasking.

edit on 11-12-2012 by jisujaaljo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

should be:

Are you finding reality difficult?
I am not.

Much better. Now you seem to be speaking from your perspective. I know I'm being condescending, but your assertions sound very dogmatic. I have a natural instinct to recoil from it.

So what about from the perspective of an ill man, or someone in chronic pain, or chronic poverty? Is it safe to assume reality is not difficult in their eyes? Couldn't we imagine that it perhaps is?

Yes, I agree that reality is what it is, neither difficult nor easy, but some find it difficult, some find it easy. Experiences differ, environments differ, perspectives differ, therefor, realities differ.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I just have to say, after reading this whole thread, I love how your mind seems to work!

I have been feeling the same way lately, about not liking something and changing it. I've decided to start with myself, as I have a serious issue with "collecting" things.
I want to be more minimalistic, so over the winter I will be going through everything and getting rid of it.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Much better. Now you seem to be speaking from your perspective. I know I'm being condescending, but your assertions sound very dogmatic. I have a natural instinct to recoil from it.

So what about from the perspective of an ill man, or someone in chronic pain, or chronic poverty? Is it safe to assume reality is not difficult in their eyes? Couldn't we imagine that it perhaps is?

Yes, I agree that reality is what it is, neither difficult nor easy, but some find it difficult, some find it easy. Experiences differ, environments differ, perspectives differ, therefor, realities differ.

And this takes us back to my post you don't like:

It is the 'you' that 'does not like' that makes 'your' reality difficult.
'Real' reality is not difficult. It is only difficult if there is resistance to it. You want it 'your' way but reality does not care what you want. Only when this is realized will we stop fighting with the appearance.
And then all that appears will be welcome.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Haha, thank you for loving my thought patterns

Im kind of liking them to
perhaps i dont understand them all the time but i do like them as a part of me.
Haha
Now collecting issues, that feels crazy familliar

Me and my wife collect old stuff, not valuble antiques but old stuff we find and like at flea markets. Anything old from africa goes with us home

Haha its gotten so bad that we dont have room for anything more, but we keep buying things and take with us home, only to let it lay in the way.
But as long as we like our stuff its not a problem really, its a pleasure

What is it you collect and how come it is a problem if i may ask?

Hugs/Jimmy

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

LOL It's a problem, because my grandmother was a hoarder, and I don't want to be that bad. The woman had a seven car pole barn you could not walk through.

Actually, she is where I got most of my stuff. I did sell lots of her vintage yarn, but I still have vintage material, all the way back to her mothers. Most of it is antiques, that are sitting in storage tubs in my basement and pole barn.
Plus other stuff, like precious moments figures from when I was young, projects I thought I would finish, stuff like that.
It's amazing how much stuff you end up with as you get older.
Now that the boys are grown and out of the house, I just want more "space". If I had the money, I would just build on to the house!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep
and

Thanks, I pray a lot for answers and the ability to understand.

Sorry, if that wierds you out, but I had to say it cause I don't like people being praised; I think all credit should go to God.

However, I do loooove affirmation, so thanks for saying you agree and/or understand my concept.

hello bleeeeep
i know this is off topic but how on earth do you multi replies ?
as i have tried many times

back on topic i like this thread the OP jisujaaljo reminds me of my way of thinking

ps
if i could of multi replied this would have been a good time to have been able to

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

It doesn't really do what you think. That is to say, it doesn't alert both members to the reply. What I did was just to show the post was meant for both users, so the person the reply went to did not mistake it for something it wasn't.

Here's how to do what I did:
1.click the reply-to button of the first poster
2.copy the auto-filled bbc
3.click the back button
4.click the reply-to button of the second poster(the one you think will reply back or the one you wish to most address)
5.paste the copied bb code from step 2 somewhere in the reply to the second poster
6.type a response and click the reply button

There's multiple ways of using the bulletin board code to express yourself, and that's all I was really doing. Sorry if it got your hopes up, but the alert user function is hard coded into the reply page that is created when you click reply-to. So... if you did copy and paste the reply to code, it wouldn't actually alert both users with a reply. Sorry.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

reply to post by maryhinge

here goes

nice one bleeeeep

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join