It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsayers await the end of the world

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

[whispers back...] Research????........Are you kidding me??.........Only in school my friend... I get enough learning.... It's break time.... No more learning for me.
edit on 8-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
reply to post by beezzer

I told my sister I wasn't shopping for x-mas. I don't celebrate it. And she's like, "Yeah, but she's your niece" and I'm "And, your point is?" I'm saving money.

Besides, last year I bought her a karaoke microphone and she busted in the same night smacking her mom with it. Spent $100 bucks, saved a $100 bucks.

Jut tell her you're working on saving the planet for Christmas.

If nothing happens, tell her "Ta-Daaa!"

If the planet is destroyed? Then you won't be out anything.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Funny you say that.

My dad texted me and asked if the world was going to end and if he should bother getting x-mas presents this year.

He's not an ATS member but I'm curious about how he learned about the "End of the World" seeing as he doesn't pay attention to this stuff.

I told him. "Least I'll survive, so make sure it's a big gift".....

Probably heard it through my sister.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

I am ready for anything SS!

I know you're ready too!

Bring it on!

Ahhh...but...are you ready for the 7 days of solid *I told you so* threads clogging the front page of ATS, starting the 22nd. of Dec....

That will be monumental to say the least....I want to post in each and every one of them.....

Des

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Well Hollywood did come out with this gem a few years ago, 2012 movie

2012 is a 2009 American science fiction disaster film directed by Roland Emmerich. It stars John Cusack, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Amanda Peet, Oliver Platt, Thandie Newton, Danny Glover, and Woody Harrelson, among others. It was produced by Emmerich's production company, Centropolis Entertainment, and was distributed by Columbia Pictures. Filming began in August 2008 in Vancouver, although it was originally planned to be filmed in Los Angeles

Through such mediocre works of film and other mediums, the general public has garnered a vague to generally well informed Idea for a " 2012 " scenario...

SS

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Nothing left to do at this point but wait. All the research is done, and all the papers have been written. The books have been sold, and movies have been made.

At this point, there will be no new evidence, or any new findings. We are reaching zero hour. The time I have been waiting for since 1994. Y2k was just a computer code issue. Which they put the man hours in to fix.
So the 2012 deal, is a whole different thing all together than Y2k. Unless you want to compare it as an end date, that is all they have in comman.

I have been hearing about 2012 since 1994. So its been a long time comming! And we are but days away now. And then after that date, I am sure new dates will arise. Ever since 1998 I heard about the Apophis asteroid 2029. Who else knows what other dates are going to be thrown out there after 2012, and then 2029.. lol

People will always find some doom date. As its hard wired into our brains. We all die, and nothing lasts forever.
Thus its just human nature to understand Death waits around the corner for us all.
Death is one of those fearful issues for many people. And its transfered into theories, and other thought patterns that lead us into this line of thinking.

Sooner or later there will be a true end date to our Earth. But that true date is millions of years away.. And within those parameters, people are going to connect the dots that deal with death. Either the death of a personal loss, or the death of a whole soceity/world.

Most likely what will come to an end is the ignorance that comes with these end dates. A true awakening will happen, and its nothing mystic or magical. Its as simple as watching that day go by, and the world keeps on spinning. That will make many people see things in a different light.

However there is still that small chance that private groups, or TPTB will cause some major global event happen.
Most things that deal with humans are self fullfilling prophecy. As humans are the ones who made the claim that something will happen, thus its likely something will happen, as we are looking for it too happen.
You have your religous zealots who would love for something to happen, to validate all their life spent blindly following a way of thinking.

So like I said.. At this point.. All we can do is let the weeks go by and enjoy your time on Earth, like you would any other time. There is nothing new that is going to come out, that will change anyones minds at this point.
We are at the thresh hold of this event, or non event.

However if nothing happens at all. That will only lead the core groups of folks to say.. Its just started.. Wait for 2013 for The STHTF. It could be a slow and painful process. Or a quick and painless one.
LOL.. Either way, everything that can be said has been said. All research done, is printed. Those who sold their supplies to doomsday preppers have made their money. All said and done.
Now we wait...

I am egar to see what happens myself personally.
Its just so much disinformation out there, that has skewed peoples thoughts on the matter..
I will make one point before I end this..
They claim the Mayan people just vanished, this is what I was taught in school. And seems to still be passed off as truth.
But if the mayan people just all vanished, then why are their desendants of the mayan people all over the world.
No the truth to that. is they did not vansih.. They where conqured by the Spainish. All texts, and written knowledge was burned, and their people scattered. But they are still here to this day, as living proof they did not just vanish. History is written by the victors! And the texts and knowledge of these people where lost a long long time ago. We have like a handful of codex text that some folks base the whole 2012 issue off of. They are missing so much, and patch those missing parts with their own thoughts and feelings.
Granted there are other cultures who have written about 2012, yet that too, is patch work of knowledge that was lost long ago.

My 2 Cents worth for this thread...

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I think we're going to have a blast with them at first, but it will probably get old pretty quick.

Good news is there's always a new "Doomsday" prophesy to take up the slack! Gotta love the "Doomsayers"- they're more fun than a barrel of monkeys!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I wanna join the party too!!!

Any room for some chapatis and ladoos from the Hindu? Jai Ganapati!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Anyone know what time (DST) of day the world is going to end on the 21st?... Our Christmas party is 3 - 6PM and it's usually a pretty good time... (I'd hate to miss it!)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I think we're going to have a blast with them at first, but it will probably get old pretty quick.

Good news is there's always a new "Doomsday" prophesy to take up the slack! Gotta love the "Doomsayers"- they're more fun than a barrel of monkeys!

Yes...we'll have some fun, for sure. But, not quite as much fun as we did taking pics of empty clothing, laying on the ground around town, after the Harold Camping Rapture fiasco....now, that was damn funny....

Des

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
although obviously the world ending would be bad, i'd like some benign world-changing event(s) to occur that made humanity rethink it's place in the great scheme of things, for the better. some global impetus for positive change. that would be nice.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

You just bought your way into the best party of the year....WELCOME.....

I volunteer as your taster....

Des

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Des, you so crazy!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

It will just be one more thing Julia Gillard has got wrong

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Thank you for the thoughtfully written and well worded reply zysin5, all in all I agree with everything you said

Originally posted by zysin5

Thank you for the thoughtfully written and well worded reply, all in all I agree with everything you said

Sooner or later there will be a true end date to our Earth. But that true date is millions of years away.. And within those parameters, people are going to connect the dots that deal with death. Either the death of a personal loss, or the death of a whole soceity/world.

Most likely what will come to an end is the ignorance that comes with these end dates. A true awakening will happen, and its nothing mystic or magical. Its as simple as watching that day go by, and the world keeps on spinning. That will make many people see things in a different light.

^^^^ this is why I am not a master Ninja...I totally failed my quote....I meant to quote this:

Agreed, and then we can explore Space, for ever and ever, like... Space Ninjas!!!

Again well said, and we shall see...

SS
edit on 113131p://pm3122 by Spike Spiegle because: FAIL

edit on 113131p://pm3109 by Spike Spiegle because: zysin5

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I already left my job, got divorced, spent on all my savings on an underground bunker in tbe mountains, years worth of perishable foods, radios, gas masks, radiation air filters, and underground water source, maxed out credit cards, sold my house and car.....

.....im ready for it

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Yes...we'll have some fun, for sure. But, not quite as much fun as we did taking pics of empty clothing, laying on the ground around town, after the Harold Camping Rapture fiasco....now, that was damn funny....

Des

Omg!!!
You didn't?!
That's hilarious!!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Just imagin ' you get up late on the 22 nd and think hmmm I'm alive the world didn't end as I knew it wouldn't. Lazily jump on to ATS to read the 100s of threads you are expecting. The "told you so threads". Strangely after an ats search nothing pops up. Anyway you MUST make a told you we'd be here thread. Then no one replies..... :O. Que the weird sinister music.

Ok ok, I know it's not going to happen, but fun to think. Maybe it would be a great joke to play on our first ats thread of 22nd

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Hence, the belief gaining ground among those who fall for this kind of thing that the cosmos will cease to exist in 12 days' time

"facepalm"

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Don't know about you SS, but we women are ready!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join