It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsayers await the end of the world

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Doomsayers await the end of the world

www.independent.co.uk< br />

The end of the world is nigh, or so apocalypse observers would have you believe. The Mayan and Hopi Mesoamerican Long Count calendar may have begun in 3114BC and continued unerringly ever since, but it comes to an abrupt halt on 21 December 2012. Hence, the belief gaining ground among those who fall for this kind of thing that the cosmos will cease to exist in 12 days' time.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I will be the first to say; I don't think the world is going to end on 21st 2012.

That being said, I am and will be following all those that do, the sheer amount of people, and volume of arguments coming from the " Doomsayer " is alarming to say the least.

A few days ago, the Australian Prime Minister, Julia Gillard, made a joke, the Mayan predictions in a spoof television appearance for the radio station Triple J. Acknowledging that "The end of the world is coming"...

Just as the story aired , I had a few folks drop into ATS chat and argue about it being true, and that the end was nigh...

List of possible causes

- Jews, as is with every disaster man-made and natural.
Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck
Reptoids
Scientologists
Large Hadron Collider
Al Gore
Justin Bieber
Tacgnol
Bronies
White Trash
You

Well I hope to see you all on the 22nd, See you on the other side ATS

SS

www.independent.co.uk< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 093131p://pm3149 by Spike Spiegle because: pic

edit on 093131p://pm3155 by Spike Spiegle because: the spells

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I feel the 21st of december is going to be the biggest anti climax for a long,long time.If
I thought the slightest thing out of the ordinary was going to happen I'd be jumping for joy as it gives me an excuse to phone in and take the day off work.

The fact I'm going to work on the 21st shows you how concerned I am,afterall you wouldn't want to waste the end of the earth by working.lol !!

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I just hope the server farm ATS uses is up to the traffic on the 21st.

I'll be spending the 21st the same way I do every December 21st.

Sobbing hysterically and soiling myself. Not because of any doom, but due to the Christmas spending we'll be doing.

Also, SLAYER is having a party that day. BYOB and hotpockets. He'll have fondue and little bits of stuff on toast for snacks.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Ater reading the whole article , i was pleasantly suprised to find a link video about a bikini dance on a vietnamese airline.
ok back to TEOTWAWKI
Those Russian preppers are on the ball ,Buying up matches ,fuel and sugar? should make for an interesting apocalypse party

link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

The thing Im more worried about is that so many people are waiting for this date. The elite know this so it is the perfect opportunity to make something happen or appear to happen. Cut the power and all hell breaks loose while they sit comfortably in their bunkers. Maybe they wait till after the date when everyone is relaxed and done fearing. Sound crazy??

link   

Dear Spike Spiegle,

I don't think many people actually believe the world will end this year. How many people do you personally know that actually believe the world ends this month, I don't know one. Seems more about telling the masses that people believe it then there are actually people who do.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Indeed, I too will be spending this 21st as I do all my 21st...

Hotpockets and fondu you say, I'm there!

Though I must admit it sounds slightly too... " high brow " for me, I'd probably just drop hotpocket and fondu sauce on everyone

SS
edit on 103131p://pm3113 by Spike Spiegle because: for*

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I'm telling you.. We had many preppers today buying out Pepsi and Mt. Dew. products... Something tells me their going to be selling like gold, like Twinkies on EBAY. It's happening people. Get ready.......

edit on 8-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

I totally conure

Hopefully Russia doesn't tear itself apart with this.... knowing them though; " In Russia 21st of December drives you "

SS

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Unfortunately I've met more then my fair share, be it during my day to day, or here on ATS.

Hence why I am prepared for more then one " horror" stories from the " doomsayers "....

Hopefully not too many.

SS

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I told my sister I wasn't shopping for x-mas. I don't celebrate it. And she's like, "Yeah, but she's your niece" and I'm "And, your point is?" I'm saving money.

Besides, last year I bought her a karaoke microphone and she busted in the same night smacking her mom with it. Spent $100 bucks, saved a $100 bucks.

edit on 8-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Slayer is having a party on the 21st and I wasn't invited?
Forget the hotpockets,I will order pizza and hotwings.Do
I get invited now?

I will bring the cookies,there are too many rumors about
your 'special' cookies on the webs.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I am ready for anything SS!

I know you're ready too!

Bring it on!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

As I've said before, your insight brings shame even to the wisest of Ninja's...

I only hope to mimic your skills to a certain degree, I could never match thee....

I salute o7 you.

SS

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

A show off with the coolest avatars..

No fair.

I want to know your secret.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Didn't we go through all this with Y2K?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

We shall defeat Khan and Dec.21st together! Shakes fist at imaginary "Niburu".....

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

whispers "google is your friend" and tiptoes away...

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by beezzer

Slayer is having a party on the 21st and I wasn't invited?
Forget the hotpockets,I will order pizza and hotwings.Do
I get invited now?

I will bring the cookies,there are too many rumors about
your 'special' cookies on the webs.

Of course you're invited! And the cookies are fine. (just don't eat the "raisin" ones)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join