It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help determining what this picture is.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

There have been a few people on here who have tried to give plausible explanations for this picture. What I don't get is your almost aggressive defensive stance on this topic? Did you take this picture? Were you there? So, for all you know this could be a hoax, it may not be, but you cannot state outright that the picture and story that goes with it are genuine. If the OP finds out his friend is having a joke what are you going to do...have a nervous breakdown or something?

edit on 11-12-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

Thank you for saying exactly what I was thinking.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Not at all...I just think it's hysterical how you and others are so sure it is a fake or created by reflections or light pillars!
Not being defensive at all, merely pointing out that you all are mistaken.

No matter what, I think it is a very interesting picture and the OP has nothing to gain from trying to hoax anyone into believing it is real. Some people cannot just say wow...and leave it at that, if you want to offer possibilities, at least come with something to back them up. Trying to discredit the picture is not going to change the fact that it exist, now, if this was photo shopped it was one hell of a good fake...to generate this much interest. BAW33

edit on 12/12/2012 by BrokenAngelWings33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33

Not at all...I just think it's hysterical how you and others are so sure it is a fake or created by reflections or light pillars!
Not being defensive at all, merely pointing out that you all are mistaken.

No matter what, I think it is a very interesting picture and the OP has nothing to gain from trying to hoax anyone into believing it is real. Some people cannot just say wow...and leave it at that, if you want to offer possibilities, at least come with something to back them up. Trying to discredit the picture is not going to change the fact that it exist, now, if this was photo shopped it was one hell of a good fake...to generate this much interest. BAW33

edit on 12/12/2012 by BrokenAngelWings33 because: (no reason given)

I'm not sure at all. I have an opinion but I could be wrong. The whole point of this thread is to determine what is in the picture. The most likely explanation probably being the truth. If it is genuine then "wow". But I have seen pictures similar to this in the past and they turned out to be fake, the point being the OP did not witness this event for himself, and is only relating the story from a friend on Facebook, who could just be having a joke.

edit on 12-12-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
This picture was taken in the Yukon flats of Alaska.

The person who took it said "it only fell for a few seconds but was loud as hell like a plane a few hundred feet over you our standing on a deck of a carrier"

So the "UFO", (I guess you are implying there WAS a UFO), "fell for a few seconds"...

Was that before this photo was taken?

"but was loud as hell"... so clearly it MUST have caught the attention of all the other residents of Fort Yukon
(pop > 500) - which is the main townsite on the Yukon Flats.

reply to post by Destinyone

Thank you.

I sent the person who was there another note asking when it was taken.

It's got my curiousity alarm going full tilt, I must know what this is.

Edit, pic was taken about 6 years ago.
edit on 8-12-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

Oh, the photo was taken SIX YEARS AGO, and this MASSIVE AND LOUD AS A PLANE FLYING A FEW HUNDRED FEET ABOVE A CARRIER, and...

No one reported it, until now.

I'm sorry but...

FAKE FAKE FAKE "UFO" Sighting HOAX HOAX HOAX

LAME LAME LAME "UFO" Photo LAME LAME LAME

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53

This picture was taken in the Yukon flats of Alaska.

The person who took it said "it only fell for a few seconds but was loud as hell like a plane a few hundred feet over you our standing on a deck of a carrier"

So the "UFO", (I guess you are implying there WAS a UFO), "fell for a few seconds"...

Was that before this photo was taken?

"but was loud as hell"... so clearly it MUST have caught the attention of all the other residents of Fort Yukon
(pop > 500) - which is the main townsite on the Yukon Flats.

reply to post by Destinyone

Thank you.

I sent the person who was there another note asking when it was taken.

It's got my curiousity alarm going full tilt, I must know what this is.

Edit, pic was taken about 6 years ago.
edit on 8-12-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

Oh, the photo was taken SIX YEARS AGO, and this MASSIVE AND LOUD AS A PLANE FLYING A FEW HUNDRED FEET ABOVE A CARRIER, and...

No one reported it, until now.

I'm sorry but...

FAKE FAKE FAKE "UFO" Sighting HOAX HOAX HOAX

LAME LAME LAME "UFO" Photo LAME LAME LAME

Main townsite on the Yukon Flats? Do you have any clue how big the Yukon Flats are? Nobody claimed it was a UFO. Whatever caused it is interesting but it isn't an amazing photo. If it is someone lucky enough to get a meteor or other space debris on camera, then cool. If it is fake, Oh well. I don't understand why people are getting worked up over this.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by anton74
Main townsite on the Yukon Flats? Do you have any clue how big the Yukon Flats are? Nobody claimed it was a UFO. Whatever caused it is interesting but it isn't an amazing photo. If it is someone lucky enough to get a meteor or other space debris on camera, then cool. If it is fake, Oh well. I don't understand why people are getting worked up over this.

Yes, the Yukon Flats are large. But the photo was obviously taken inside someones house (because it clearly shows a reflection of a ceiling light fixture in someone's window), so that implies it was probably taken at a townsite. I posted the google image of Fort Yukon because someone claimed there WERE NO HOUSES along the Yukon Flats. There are obviously MANY houses right on the shores of the Yukon River in Fort Yukon. There probably are other houses along the Yukon River in other areas stretching the Yukon Flats. The point is that the photo is that the photo could easily be taken inside someone's house that happens to be along the Yukon River in the Yukon Flats.

And if, "nobody claimed it was a UFO" then WHY OH WHY OH WHY was it even posted in the "UFOs and ALIENS" web forum?

Note: I don't think the photo is fake. It looks like a real photo to me, that someone took inside there house. It just happens that they had turned on a light.

The "fake" part is the "UFO Sighting" and the claim that the reflection of the light made a big sound, loud as a plane passing overhead.

Note: Maybe we are all getting worked up about the wrong thing in the photo. Maybe the "UFO" is actually the round light on the right which everyone assumes must be the moon?

Added Note: This is also not a "meteor" or "falling space debris" - even the round glowing object on the right side, although I suppose no one has yet "proven" it is simply the full moon, just because it looks like the moon.
(Could be Nibiru...)

edit on 12-12-2012 by bluestreak53 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

Wow, this was posted in the wrong forum! Your powers of observation are astounding. The general consensus is that this is either a reflection or a broken up meteor, not a UFO. I don't recall the OP even saying this was a UFO. This is a poor quality picture, even if it is a meteor. Why the need to push the arguement that it can't be a meteor? If it is, so what. It doesn't prove or disprove any theory, it is just a picture.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Third or forth page in, it was clearly shown that its an upside down lamp. I don't understand how no one can see this.

It's a reflection in the window....

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Wow, this was posted in the wrong forum! Your powers of observation are astounding. The general consensus is that this is either a reflection or a broken up meteor, not a UFO. I don't recall the OP even saying this was a UFO. This is a poor quality picture, even if it is a meteor. Why the need to push the arguement that it can't be a meteor? If it is, so what. It doesn't prove or disprove any theory, it is just a picture.

Yes, I agree. This should have been posted to the "Hey dude, look at the funny photo I took of a lamp reflecting in the sky!" forum.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Yes, I agree. This should have been posted to the "Hey dude, look at the funny photo I took of a lamp reflecting in the sky!" forum.

Nope, sorry it is not lamp. Might be a light fixture though. The only reason I think it doesn't look like a light fixture is because the lights themselves are way to small compared to the base. Who would design one like that, much less put it in their house?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Nope, sorry it is not lamp. Might be a light fixture though. The only reason I think it doesn't look like a light fixture is because the lights themselves are way to small compared to the base. Who would design one like that, much less put it in their house?

I think the light source is hidden by an opaque shade. The vertical tubes/lines are just the supports for the light fixture, which is hidden by the shade.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I think the light source is hidden by an opaque shade. The vertical tubes/lines are just the supports for the light fixture, which is hidden by the shade.

Yes that seems to be correct to me also. I have not yet been able to fiind that exact lamp yet, but there seem to be about a million of them on the internet

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

we where outside it was in the summer on my day after my birthday 6/21 the days are really long in the time of the season it when boom and then you heard it fall we thought it was a plain that had be shoot down there at the fort but we where told it was a sattilite

From the guy who gave me the pic.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Doesn't answer the location specifics, doesn't clarify the year...still that he was outside certainly proves it is not a light reflection in a window, light pillars...pfff....tell Anton you want to know exactly what the date was ...year...and exactly the location...you want to know where the water is...you want to know at what height he was at, was he on a hill overlooking this, we need perspective.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

we where outside it was in the summer on my day after my birthday 6/21 the days are really long in the time of the season it when boom and then you heard it fall we thought it was a plain that had be shoot down there at the fort but we where told it was a sattilite

If it was light pillars, that would mean there was a light source somewhere (possibly over the horizon). If there was a "boom", perhaps the light source had some association to the sound -- maybe an explosion or something.

That may explain the sound associated with the sighting, and also explain the reason that the "light phenomenon" dissipated relatively quickly -- because maybe the light source associated with "boom" also dissipated relatively quickly.

edit on 12/14/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Doesn't answer the location specifics, doesn't clarify the year...still that he was outside certainly proves it is not a light reflection in a window, light pillars...pfff....tell Anton you want to know exactly what the date was ...year...and exactly the location...you want to know where the water is...you want to know at what height he was at, was he on a hill overlooking this, we need perspective.

Unfortunately he hasn't been very fast with replies, and even when he does reply it's been half answers.

I'm starting to doubt his story.

And the fact that he claimed to want to know what it was, but won't take the time to register here, is not good in my mind either.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Well I won't put much belief into it, I feel duped, still doesn't look like light pillars though.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

...still that he was outside certainly proves it is not a light reflection in a window...

He CLAIMS to have been outside. The whole story could be BS. Many times, it is.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

While the "witness" provides an exact date (month and day), the rest of the info sounds very "iffy".

My understanding is he says it went boom, then they heard it fall. They thought it was a plane that had been "shot down" (or was shooting down) at Fort Yukon, but they were (later) told it was a satellite.

Okay, a plane crash OR a crashing satellite would both be pretty big news in Alaska, even if we don't know the year.

And obviously the image doesn't look like either (a plane or falling satellite).

Originally posted by DrEugeneFixer

...still that he was outside certainly proves it is not a light reflection in a window...

He CLAIMS to have been outside. The whole story could be BS. Many times, it is.

I'd say the story is BS - actually I already said that I think.
I guess he found the photo and decided to make up a story - or maybe the person making the facebook post is just mixing up a photo with another memory of another event. Didn't he say this happened six years ago?

I certainly disagree very strongly with the suggestion that the witness statement "proves it is not a light reflection in the window".

edit on 14-12-2012 by bluestreak53 because: correct mistake

edit on 14-12-2012 by bluestreak53 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join