It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Book That Will Make You Question Everything You Know About Dinosaurs

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I wonder when most people will realize the idea of ape man is even more absurd. Some person a creative,or not so creative, mind sat down drew what ape-man would look like out of pure imagination and it has been preached from the science pulpit as scientific fact ever since.

Of course there was no such thing, and they'll never find it. Although you have the blind faith apologists that will scoff at this and haughtily contest their fairy creatures as real.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SubAce

That's right. For $65.00, I can spend four nights (spread over a month) learning the tricks of the trade with a "certified paranormal investigator."

Technically, human beings are apes. Deal with it.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Thank you for proving my point so quickly.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

lol. this is what the caption said...

Stegosaurus and friend, by C.M. Kosemen. Another thing you NEVER see in paleoart is what exactly dinosaurs might have looked like when they were mating. This picture has the virtue of being cute as well as suggestive. The first image you saw in this post, of the T. rex sleeping, is another thing you basically never see in paleoart. We always witness T. rex chomping on its prey. And yet predators spend most of their days sleeping and digesting, preparing for the next high-energy hunt. So your typical T. rex pose would probably have been more like that adorable cat curl than a bloody fight.

io9.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SubAce

What are you going on about?

DNA tests prove we are apes...

Plus you can just look at an ape and SEE we are related..

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ShotGunRum

Exactly. I remember the Ichthyosaur. For ever it was thought that this was an aquatic dinosaur with a long neck and limbs with flippers on them. Then they figured out it was a giant porpoise.

50 foot alligators, sharks and porpoises. What was T Rex? A giant parrot?

I look around today and wonder how many other animals have been confused with dinosaurs. For instance what stands on two legs, has short forelimbs with claws, teeth and a long tail like a dinosaur?

If porpoises sharks and alligators grew to mega dimensions how big did a kangaroo get?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Great thread! It's interesting how science is always changing and 'corrected' over the years with peer reviews and hindsight. People wonder why others out there question academics and establishment authorities? Because storylines change and in this case the process cannot be repeated in a science lab, so people have to make their best informed "guesses" and label them as fact.

Since a child I also have always wondered why these science books pass off this art as fact, similar to showing human evolution art being based on small bone fragments and an artist with an imagination.

For what it's worth, here is a link to a collection of thousands of supposed pre-Columbian clay statues of dinosaurs found in Mexico, by a guy called Julsrud. I'm sure it's been on this forum before =D

Acambaro Figures

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I like the idea of fuzzy dino`s or feathered ones. How can these guy know what muscle mass, skin type or color dino`s had without having all the facts including (diet,gravity,atmosphere makeup ,temperature,climate,radiation levels so on and so forth). They have bones and some foot prints, they can take an estimated guess with it, thats it....guess.

I do like the theory now that dino`s didnt die from a comet but they farted themselves into extinction

Well their farts caused global climate change which led to their extiction, hey maybe so much bull# is being spewed around here , thats whats causing GCC

Bill
edit on 8-12-2012 by Camperguy because: fart

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Technically, human beings are apes. Deal with it.

I prefer genetically modified early man with over 50 added genes and only 29%
common at the amino acid level to apes.

Deal with it

Bill

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

thats a t rex

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33
reply to post by GrandStrategy

What you know is what you have been taught, it does not make it fact.

You are indeed correct, also the fact that all we know is from what we have dug up or read.

It is a good thread, BUT, once again the really difficult questions are not addressed.

ie Where did the dinosaurs come from? We are tought that everything on this planet, including the Dinosaurs started as tiny microbes in a pool of warm water millions of years ago, WELL I DONT BUY IT.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
So these people have it right? So they are the ones who have a better idea of what a dinosaur looks like...red pill or blue pill...in the grand scheme of things does it really matter?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

science is always changing because not much of it is ever concrete...theory for the most part and it's funny that some scientists are so set in their belief system...

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

You have to remember that dinosaur reconstruction isn't done from fossil skeleton remains alone. There have been many cases where fossils have been perserved with skin, fur and other organ imprints entact, that have given scientists something more to work with.

Also there are many reletives of these animals alive today that we can draw from. Bone structure tells us more about the creature than you would think, as every creature has certain benchmarks that identify exactly what familkies they belong to and which of those living today are closely related to them.

When scientists first drew and described the Coelacanths, they did so from fossilised remains. Turns out that they were pretty spot on, when living specimens were discovered.

Sure the coloring is pure speculation, but that too can be drawn upon from modern animals that live in similar styles to animals from the past.

The book offers some interesting alternatives, but I would rather think that modern science has more of an understanding of how things work than people believe.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Terrible, horrible lizards.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
S&F nice post

Raises all sorts of questions regarding our views on how the dinosaurs looked, lived and eventually died out

SS

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Brilliant stuff. Engaging an understanding of your perception of form and image in regards to factors like weight, height and shape, and the relationship between our past, and how we view things based on what we see and study of what remains in the present is absolutely astounding.

The simplicity of these sorts of mental relations know no bounds, even something like tying a bow, which is so easy and accessible to you, would require a lot of effort and investigation to explain to someone who didn't know. Breaking things down, understanding how we perceive things, understanding the nature of relationships, leads to knowledge of what we know and don't know.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Really nice post. very interesting indeed

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I don't flag many threads. I flagged this one! I have to be honest, my first thought was, "aw man, not what I was expecting/hoping this would be." my second thought was, "...not what I was expecting/hoping this would be!" this is awesome, a subject I had long mused about as a kid, and kinda forgot about. It seems maybe most of humanity had as well for sometime. Hopefully this book / idea can start opening up some new thinkings.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Nope, not making me question anything except how they come up with these screwy time line calculations.
The scientists that say Millions of years ago are full of bull puckie. I'm sorry, they DO NOT know. I can guess
just as good as they can and anyone can write down numbers duh !

For once, I would just love it if these guys would be 100% completely honest and say .....

"Well, we DO NOT exactly know how long it was when these creatures walked the earth",
"Our best guess is 7,000 years ago, before the flood of Noah".

That would just be AWESOME !

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join