It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost civilization unearthed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Lost civilization unearthed

“It is extremely rare to find a structure like this here — it is unique for Denpasar. The structure dates back to the Bali Kuno period, so it predates the Majapahit period in Bali. Technologically it is also rare. Moving the stones into position means the traditional gotong royong [working together] must have been used. Each stone needs six men to lift and move,”

Ancient Balinese history was not uppermost in Ida Rsi Bhujannga’s life until plans to build a septic tank at his home turned into an archeological discovery that has scientists bewitched.

The elderly high priest says he is now fascinated by his community’s history, which the rare find of dozens of massive stones has uncovered. These meter-long stones are believed to be from a 14th century temple complex that may have been the largest ever constructed on the Island of the Gods.

So...

You get up one day and start digging to place a septic tank and BAM you find large stone blocks of an ancient temple. I swear some people have all the luck.

Great little article of a unique find. I did a search under the title and came up with bupkiss

As always stay tuned.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
How much longer do I have to wait until Atlantis?

All these archaeological finds are amazing in their own right, but I really think that 'world changing discovery' is half-past due. Regardless, nice eyes Slayer. Keep up the good threads. S+f

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
How much longer do I have to wait until Atlantis?

All these archaeological finds are amazing in their own right, but I really think that 'world changing discovery' is half-past due. Regardless, nice eyes Slayer. Keep up the good threads. S+f

That's the problem with fantasy. It will never be reality, and it can make otherwise interesting things in the real world seem ... boring. Keep fantasy where it belongs, and allow reality to be interesting again.

Good post Slayer. As much as we think there can't be anything new to find, we are continuously proven wrong. I hope their digging for the septic tank didn't ruin anything.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thanks again Slayer!

If you can find out whatever happened with the lead "taco" coffin in Rome, it's been bugging me.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

L
L

next time somebody get's snooty and asks "where is the evidence of a past advanced civilization"

i'll be replying "could be they're planting rice over it at the mo' maybe it wont be found for a few decades, when somebody decides to install a septic tank" and link here

and the locals didn't even have stories about this, lol great attitude on the part of the priest, and the gods of fortune were certainly with him, imagine that, literally "digging for crap" and finding a treasure.

edit on 7-12-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & comment

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Great find this is, thanks for posting the news and the link slayer69.

I thought, I could add this for the more visual (>me

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Thanks for the feedback.
I thought others would find this discovery interesting.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

It's sad, isn't it?

I often say as a joke; I should have just added " Nibiru " to my thread or post, instant front page access, yay!

Anyway.....thanks again for the thread.

SS

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
god i love this stuff, i firmly believe that there are a few civilisations as yet undiscovered because of their depth... another s+f for slayer!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I love reading about all these ancient finds. Fascinating! I think I'll put in a request that in my next life, I want to be an archaeologist darn it!

Thanks for sharing Slayer! SnF ~Lu

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Bosnian Pyramids anyone?
Pyramids

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I can only wonder about finding something like this whilst digging in my yard.
Seeing so much new construction (destruction) these days...
I imagine we've destroyed more than we've found.
Of course then there's the theory that things have been purposely hidden from us.

Nonetheless, it's still exciting to find old temples and structures that we never knew existed.

Now if someone can just find Hoffa...

Cool find, Slayer.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
How DO you find this stuff Slayer?

S&F

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I was a kid when watched that series, and, what I felt? Something like 'that was and that will be again'... Just a feeling of little kid from Yugoslavia...

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Awesome! More evidence of Atlantis on the Sunda Shelf. It looks like Prof. Arysio Santos may have been right. Atlantis - The Lost Continent Finally Found

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

What do you mean purposely hidden from us why would they hide some rocks underneath us

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle
Great find this is, thanks for posting the news and the link slayer69.

I thought, I could add this for the more visual (>me

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I've just looked at this, and as a Builder(bricklayer specifically) of 25 years, I notice that the lines are not straight, and no builder would put something together as crooked as this; and so I come to the conclusion that all those stone there on display were stacked up ready for someone to lay them into a proper structure, that has not yet been revealed. This strikes me as the 'bricks canched up ready to lay'. There's more to this story than meets the eye.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JabbaClease

Or they have been disassembled and stacked there to make room for the new, perhaps by the person who originally started cultivation in the area. What is interesting to us, was often no more than an inconvenience to our predecessors. But I agree it doesn't look like part of a structure, but then the article does say that it may have been part of a temple 'nearby'.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JabbaClease

I presume that it is part of this complex found in October....

A large stone plate was excavated , the first of many discovered at the site. The Denpasar Archeology Agency took over the excavation and uncovered an 11-metre-long structure. "We will continue until (the whole structure is revealed)," said Wayan Suantika , an official in the agency.

Suantika told reporters that judging by the square structure's similarity to ancient temples found in east Java, it likely dates back to the 14th century, the paper said. "The strengthener layers in between the stone plates were another characteristic usually found in 13th or 14th century (structures)," he said.

Local residents also found ceramic wares and stone plates at the site, Suantika said. "This discovery is the largest stone temple found in Bali," he added.

articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

Not sure why it is now being reported as a 'Lost Civilisation'...perhaps to garner more attention?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join