It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just saw the proposed tax increases on the Middle Class, are they INSANE?!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TFCJay
Can somebody here answer a question for me...?

When is tax free day in the USA?

And by that I mean in Canada we basically work until about mid to late June just to pay taxes. After that what we make would be ours to keep. Of course, this is not the way it is done but it is a different way to think about it.

Thanks in advance.

April 17

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

Thank you, I appreciate that. And not to bother you, but does that mean ALL taxes like federal, state, property, fuel, sales, etc, taxes?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TFCJay

All local, state, and federal taxes

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
It's been shown throughout the years that the citizenry of the United States (the vast majority of them, at least.) are nothing more than useful idiots.

Politicians lie to us constantly, it doesn't matter which of the parties they happen to belong to. The public opinion goes up or down based on whichever strings the puppet-masters pull.

It is all orchestrated. Every last bit of it. The American people have swallowed every single bold faced lie fed to them for decades, and soon, we will all reap the rewards for that fact.

The government and the media (read: Department of Propaganda) have hoodwinked the public and nothing will stop them outside of an actual revolt.

Instead of leading the world through an example of prosperity, our government has chosen to subscribe to failed ideologies and hasten this nation's descent down the proverbial toilet bowl.

If you are shocked by ANY of this, you haven't been doing your due diligence with regards to keeping an eye on the stewards of our country.

You want to know WHY Obama's numbers keep going up? You want to know why politicians think that raising taxes on us is acceptable? You want to know why our society has become a cesspool of imbeciles and robots?
Look to the education system first. Radicals began infiltrating our public education system a LONG LONG time ago. They were laughed at when they shared their ideas, now they are lauded. Why is that? Simple. They have programmed generations of children to accept those thoughts and ideas. That's why.

These ridiculous ideas about economy, climate, political ideology, religion, societal behaviors, unemployment, political correctness were all force-fed to kids. The kids didn't like it, but by the time they'd grown up, it was the only "truth" that they knew because their parents were too busy playing with the little toys that their masters deigned to give them. These same kids, as adults, are basted with the same glaze over and over through the media until it becomes a thick, almost impenetrable, outer shell.

The inmates are officially running the asylum, and if we're to fix the situation, it's going to take some serious work on our part. The only issue with that is this: Most people STILL don't even realize what's going on.

Either something drastic must happen VERY soon, or the game is up.

That's my 2¢ on the matter....

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SerialVelocity

But that's not the total, I believe that us in addition to what we are paying now?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You think we don't pay anything now?

Right!

All the taxes we pay including income, sales, property etc comes to about 60% a year for the average family.

Don't even get me started on the legality of taxes.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TFCJay

No, that's just income tax break even.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorChaos[/i

Either something drastic must happen VERY soon, or the game is up.

That's my 2¢ on the matter....

I agree completely, we've built a house of cards on fiat currency then leveraged it out to the max and beyond. Other nations not tied to the dollar stand to reign supreme once the dollar collapses, as it should. However we have our mammoth military industrial complex to ward off any such threat. This is why we tried to tie China in to the dollar system, the are owed a great deal of money but may still be able to see the dollar crash without losing everything as the US would.
If the dollar crashes WW3 breaks out - it's that simple.
Our controllers will not see their empire and vast wealth vanish without dragging the rest of us through hell.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by TFCJay

No, that's just income tax break even.

Tax Freedom Day is the first day of the year in which a nation as a whole has theoretically earned enough income to fund its annual tax burden. It is annually calculated in the United States by the Tax Foundation—a Washington, D.C.-based tax research organization. Every dollar that is officially considered income by the government is counted, and every payment to the government that is officially considered a tax is counted. Taxes at all levels of government—local, state and federal—are included.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djayed
reply to post by gladtobehere

I wish I made $108,000 to pay an extra 14k on. This is the reason you have tax deductions to lower that amount. Stop complaining and be thankful for what you got.

Most of the country make under 52k per household, so I wouldn't say making over 100k is middle class.

edit on 12/7/2012 by Djayed because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/7/2012 by Djayed because: (no reason given)

That rather depends on where you live. $100,000 in this part of Missouri would be living with true wealth. Lower end...but wealth just the same. Living in New York City? I'd call $100,000 the Middle Class...maybe lower Middle. Same with Los Angeles Proper or even Obama's home town.. Chicago...if you're outside South Chicago and the ghettos.

Saying $100,000 makes someone rich shows only one thing....How far the person using that number has ever been from even knowing middle class.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Now that people are comfortable not paying for anything the government has done, you all jump in the air when the time has come to do so.

America, you let your country slip into a financial disaster. It's time to fix it. That means ALL of you are going to be poor for a bit. Unless of course you simply ask the rich to reduce their wealth by about 20%, which to them is a drop in the ocean.

~Tenth

Seriously? When are we even notified of anything that the government has done until after the fact?

Do you work?
Do you own a home?
Did you pay for college?
Do you have health, homeowners and car insurance?
Do you pay cash for every single purchase you make?

We didn't let our country slip into financial disaster.

Whoever set the bar for declaring that the cost of living should increase by a minimum of 100% every 20 years should be held accountable.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The elite have discontinued the middle class experiment and have opted for neofeudalism. They have decided that practices like the lord and master sleeping with the newly married serf female, is not so bad after all. To them we are cattle and deserve all the perks that goes with it. If you won't lynch the lord and master, get ready for quite a downhill trip.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I wont pay

link   
reply to post by Djayed

It certainly is middle class..I'm making roughly 50,000 and year and so is my wife...I would absolutely consider us middle class...I've been working at my job for 21 years and I'm 42 today...I worked hard at my job to earn this..I have very little college and when I started my job I was making 19,000.00 a year...worked my way up the ladder to a manager, have two kids that go to a public school..so 14,000.00 is a boat load of money and if you are single making 50,000.00 that too is middle class...truth be told when I was 21 I thought that 19,000.00 was good money...but then again I was still living at home...and I live in Massachusetts...I think if you live in Boston making 30,000.00 you would be considered lower class...If I was making this in some other states I probably would be considered upper class as I could have purchased a mansion for what I paid for my house in other states...people forget about the cost of living from state to state and get lost in the argument of just the numbers only...chive on people...
edit on 7-12-2012 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by micmerci

Thanks for the info, but it conflicts with figures that say we pay about 60% in total taxes?

That would bring us to July or August for a break even point.

I am in NY, our tax freedom day is may 1 st....yeah us.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
Oh, no, no, no, it is only those making over $250k- don't you remember? Only the super wealthy will see a rise in taxes, remember? Oh, you mean that was a crock of sh!t? You can't say that because that makes you a racist.

Oh, yeah BTW, If this news gets you fired up, just wait until Obamacare fully kicks in- then the fun begins!

And Obama's rating has gone up SMH

Although I agree, we all had the knowledge to look it up before we all voted for him. Do you actually think we are going to get out of debt by not being taxed as much? We all need help, and we have to simply trust that the government will give us schools, better education, less war, and so forth. We can't afford a war right now, and we don't need our military and police to become corrupt. All you can do is thank Bush for spending all that money, it isn't Obama's fault-in 6 years it will be on the news that our deficit has gone down-but for those of you who don't pay any attention (or aren't intelligent enough) will believe that the next president did it. Fixing a debt takes a plan of action, and I am sure the professionals in the White House are working on it as we speak just like they said they would be doing.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
So let me get this straight, all the rich people are freaking out because they have to pay 14k more a year? Someone who makes millions paying $14,000? Or is there more to it? If not thats pathetic.

Also I agree with the guy who said that all the US currency in the world couldnt pay off the debt because of our Keynesian, Fractional Reserve Banking economy. But the one point where I dont agree, even with Ron Paul, whom I admire, is that changing back to a gold standard will save us. Im pretty sure the people in power have most of the gold. It would have to be done differently, but i dont know how. It just seems like a bad solution to just go back to gold when the average joe has none whereas the bankers and corporations have a ton. But Yeah of course I agree we need something to change.
edit on 7-12-2012 by tehdouglas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Can anyone say....TEA PARTY! ..taxed enough already!,, ....and just a side note...as of January 1 st 2013. , anyone who has an income property and you sell it, you will be required to give the government 3.8 percent of your sale . Which goes to pay for obama care .... Nice, huh.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by tehdouglas
So let me get this straight, all the rich people are freaking out because they have to pay 14k more a year? Someone who makes millions paying $14,000? Or is there more to it? If not thats pathetic.

Also I agree with the guy who said that all the US currency in the world couldnt pay off the debt because of our Keynesian, Fractional Reserve Banking economy. But the one point where I dont agree, even with Ron Paul, whom I admire, is that changing back to a gold standard will save us. Im pretty sure the people in power have most of the gold. It would have to be done differently, but i dont know how. It just seems like a bad solution to just go back to gold when the average joe has none whereas the bankers and corporations have a ton. But Yeah of course I agree we need something to change.
edit on 7-12-2012 by tehdouglas because: (no reason given)

100k a year is not a millionaiee. Ans its 14k more...in addition to the other 50,000 in taxes. Is that somehow ok?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Meldionne1

3.8% I missed that one... So if I own a rental home worth $200,000 and it's paid for...and I go and sell it... On top of the Capital Gains tax rates rising in 2013 to rape me on it that way, I'll owe another 3.8% in cash on that 200,000?? Umm.. The Government has some nerve.

No wonder the wealthy and business are flat liquidating things left and right in the last weeks of the year. It's a major major thing to sell Dec. 31st vs. Jan 1st by the sound of it. Enormous money on single transactions, for some.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join