It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just saw the proposed tax increases on the Middle Class, are they INSANE?!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
So I'm watching this Ron Paul video and at 2:58, they list the tax INCREASES if the Bush tax "cuts" were to expire, ie the "fiscal cliff".

These are INCREASES, NOT the total taxes. Have they lost their minds? They expect people to pay these amounts IN ADDITION to whats already being extorted from us???

These were the Bush tax "cuts" that the propaganda media was hyping?

If you earn over $108k, youll have to pay $14k MORE, MORE!!!!!!

As this thread proves: www.abovetopsecret.com... income taxes, the IRS is/are meant to control and intimidate the masses, NOT the rich.

I'm not sure what it will take to cause a revolt in this country but I hope this is it.

edit on 7-12-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Anyone else missing Ron Paul yet?

Here's the screenshot of what the OP is talking about:

edit on 7-12-2012 by Heliophant because: (no reason given)

Looks like the OP figured out how to add that screenshot to his post. Good job! Hope my tips help you in the future.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Agree to universal healthcare, then at least you'll get more for your extra $14,000

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SerialVelocity

Somehow, I don't think $14K/year is a good value for healthcare. Throw in free Baskin Robins and a WoW subscription, plus an XboX... then it might be worth it

Of course, the $14K tax hike is on people in the higher tax brackets... but still. This Keynesian problem we find ourselves in isnt going to get any better by throwing more money at it. The system kinda HAS to be overhauled, starting at the FED.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heliophant
reply to post by SerialVelocity

Somehow, I don't think $14K/year is a good value for healthcare. Throw in free Baskin Robins and a WoW subscription, plus an XboX... then it might be worth it

Of course, the $14K tax hike is on people in the higher tax brackets... but still. This Keynesian problem we find ourselves in isnt going to get any better by throwing more money at it. The system kinda HAS to be overhauled, starting at the FED.

I live in the UK but you've sold it to me...I'd pay $14k a year if I got all that thrown in too!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Oh, no, no, no, it is only those making over $250k- don't you remember? Only the super wealthy will see a rise in taxes, remember? Oh, you mean that was a crock of [snip]? You can't say that because that makes you a racist.

Oh, yeah BTW, If this news gets you fired up, just wait until Obamacare fully kicks in- then the fun begins!

And Obama's rating has gone up SMH

edit on Sat Dec 8 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
So the middle class with the ~$1200/yr tax hike will basically be looking at about ~$100 less on their monthly paystub. ~$100/month? Yeah, this will help the economy...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Heliophant

Yeah, it's crazy!! They could tax the entire US workforce at 100% and that would still not eliminate the 14 trillion dollar deficit. They must cut spending. They want to bring tax levels back to the Clinton era to replicate that success but it is impossible unless they bring spending back to those levels as well.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I don't get why people are so pissed off and surprised. These cuts were always suppose to be temporary.
You know what temporary means right? Or is this just another excuse to flame obama.

US Code Title 26
You have to pay Income tax
edit on 7-12-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

Indeed, 100% of our income would not solve the debt. In fact, 100% of ALL U.S. Currency from all around the globe will not solve the debt. The Keynesian curve has run its course, and there's really only one thing we can do to fix it - get rid of it and go back to a currency based on intrinsic value.

reply to post by Bixxi3

This isn't a "flame Obama" party. I think you just outted yourself as an Obama supporter.

What we're upset about is the unsolvable debt crisis, and how no amount of money will fix it. Red/Blue has nothing to do with it - a fiat currency can only inflate so much, then the system collapses. Macro Economics 202.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Heliophant

Back to the gold standard. Makes one think this has been planned.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

No flaming Obama, there was no candidate that could (or wanted to for that matter) solve this problem.
If Romney would have won we would currently be flaming his lies.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
So....better call your statesman and tell them to work out a deal so we don't go over the cliff, aye?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

To be fair, Ron Paul did want to address this by phasing out the FED. But still, this has nothing to do with Obama/Romney, Red/Blue, etc. Both parties have been complicit or at the very least ignorant of this. Everyone is afraid of the big bad FED.

reply to post by SaturnFX

Honestly, there isn't anything a statesman can do besides push to get rid of the FED. That's pretty much the only long-term solution here. Quit playing with Monopoly money and start using a currency that has real intrinsic value. It's simply amazing that we've been using a value-less currency for this long an no one saw a problem with it. The Founding Farther's warned us about this...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Roll in the mega recession and price increases. I have whole list I will stop spending on.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I wish I made $108,000 to pay an extra 14k on. This is the reason you have tax deductions to lower that amount. Stop complaining and be thankful for what you got.

Most of the country make under 52k per household, so I wouldn't say making over 100k is middle class.

edit on 12/7/2012 by Djayed because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/7/2012 by Djayed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

No one ever said the top tax bracket represented the middle class. And besides, this kind of across-the-board increase is going to stifle new business, increase prices, and prevent anyone from saving very much. The problem is the fiat currency. Taxes and inflation will keep going up and the economy will continue to fail unless we resolve this with the FED. It's just the way fiat currency and Fractional Reserve Banking work.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Can somebody here answer a question for me...?

When is tax free day in the USA?

And by that I mean in Canada we basically work until about mid to late June just to pay taxes. After that what we make would be ours to keep. Of course, this is not the way it is done but it is a different way to think about it.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heliophant
reply to post by Djayed

No one ever said the top tax bracket represented the middle class.

It is in the title of the thread...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
yeah I don't know why you guys are all up in arms.

You never should have gotten a tax cut to begin with. If Regan had any common sense he'd have left the stuff where it was or made a MANDATORY removal of tax cuts. George should have done the same thing.

Now that people are comfortable not paying for anything the government has done, you all jump in the air when the time has come to do so.

America, you let your country slip into a financial disaster. It's time to fix it. That means ALL of you are going to be poor for a bit. Unless of course you simply ask the rich to reduce their wealth by about 20%, which to them is a drop in the ocean.

~Tenth

<<   2  3  4 >>

join