It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the Fiscal Cliff Even Matter: Obama?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
With the "Fiscal Cliff" fast approaching, as well as the hype about December 21, 2012, is Obama stalling on negotiation with Congress at this point because he knows, as do his circle of advisors, that something big may be happening on December 21 that will render the Fiscal Cliff inconsequential?

Seems to me that a newly re-elected president would want to put this spending/revenue matter to rest and move on, but instead, POTUS is acting as though he doesnt have a care in the world.

In fact, he and his family are soon to depart for a 20 day retreat to Hawaii for vacation, leaving no orders behind to handle the fiscal cliff talks.

Why?

An offer was put on the table, and has gone ignored:

SOURCE

I dont know, ATS. Just seems a bit fishy to me. And while I do not think the end of the world is coming on the 21st, I have promoted for over a year that perhaps SOMETHING may occur on that date -- whether it be galactic in nature of man made.

Is Obama in on it? Does he know something we don't? He sure is acting like it.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
That is odd, thanks for pointing it out.

Perhaps he knows the world will end on the 21st so it won't matter anyway. It also might be why he's going to Hawaii one last time.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I think all the high up powers that be should be tracked to see where they go during the week of dec 21. And have confirmations of their arrival at said destination. They get to use x-mas as an excuse to travel.... But are they really going where they say, or are they going into hiding?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
With the "Fiscal Cliff" fast approaching, as well as the hype about December 21, 2012, is Obama stalling on negotiation with Congress at this point because he knows, as do his circle of advisors, that something big may be happening on December 21 that will render the Fiscal Cliff inconsequential?

Seems to me that a newly re-elected president would want to put this spending/revenue matter to rest and move on, but instead, POTUS is acting as though he doesnt have a care in the world.

In fact, he and his family are soon to depart for a 20 day retreat to Hawaii for vacation, leaving no orders behind to handle the fiscal cliff talks.

Why?

SOURCE

I dont know, ATS. Just seems a bit fishy to me. And while I do not think the end of the world is coming on the 21st, I have promoted for over a year that perhaps SOMETHING may occur on that date -- whether it be galactic in nature of man made.

I don't agree because if that's case, wouldn't you just sign it since it wouldn't matter afterwords.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Obama wants all of the tax rates to go up. He will not sign anything. Even if the reps cave and give him the top 2% tax increase he will not sign it.

Enjoy your new tax rate, you voted for it.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
It's going to sound like I'm standing up for Obama.. I'm not.

I want to know, what can be done? I watched a video earlier talking about what exactly the Fiscal Cliff is. From what is sounds like, nobody really can do anything. The WSJ basically says they don't know. Who knows? Who has a real solution that others can agree on?

So I don't think it's because he isn't concerned, I think it's because he nor anybody else knows how to handle the economic failures this country has created.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It is like they always do. They are fundamental in instigating a situation in which they can blame someone else for the outcome.

They get everyone worked up to put something big on the table to encourage people to work out a solution.

After they get that big deadline in place, then they start blaming the other side for stalling, when they themselves are making unacceptable demands that prevent the negotiation from going any further.

They wasn’t wanting a solution in the first place. What they really wanted was what they put in place to begin with. After the other side falls for it, and lets them put the deadline with the big spending cuts in place, then they can just set back and use the whole situation to pound the other side. Then after the deadline passes, they automatically get what they want, and the other side gets blamed for it.

The only way the deadline would have actually been any threat to the democrats is if it cut spending on government bureaucracy like the EPA, DOE, ATF, obamacare, and the like. But, if you notice, all of the democrat’s favorite causes were left off the table. That was when I knew that they was just setting up the republicans.

Your opponent assumes that you want to win. The thing is, the democrat party isn’t playing to win, they are playing to destroy the other side. They don’t care if it takes the country down with it.

Once the country does collapse, then they will be in the position to rebuild it in their image.

Some times you have to break a few eggs to get what you want.
edit on 7-12-2012 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vaedur

Originally posted by phantomjack

Why?

SOURCE

I don't agree because if that's case, wouldn't you just sign it since it wouldn't matter afterwords.

Well, that is a point, however, I dont think he would do that, because of his overflowing ego.

join