It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kate/William 'deeply saddened' to hear 'excellent' nurse who put through Australian DJs' hoax

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Kate and William 'deeply saddened' to hear 'excellent' nurse who put through Australian DJs' hoax call has been found dead in suspected suicide

www.daily mail.co.uk

A receptionist at the private hospital which treated the Duchess of Cambridge has died in a suspected suicide – two days after being duped by an amateurish hoax from an Australian radio station.

The woman’s unconscious body was found at an address yards away from King Edward VII Hospital, where she worked, just before 9.30am today.

The emergency services were called and two ambulances were despatched to the central London residence.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 7-12-2012 by Jason88 because: fixed link

Article Title changed (apparently) - Original too long to fit
edit on 7-12-2012 by Maxmars because: Title changed....

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Another day, another suspicious suicide surrounding powerful people. First, the news yesterday about the odd jumping death of Branislav Milinkovic and now the nurse receptionist who foolishly gave away medical information about the royal family to Australian pranksters.

Heartbreaking as it is, maybe she simply couldn't live with the shame of breaking hostpital protocol in such a high profile case. Or the alternative happened....

www.daily mail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 7-12-2012 by Jason88 because: corrected in strike thru

**Update

She was a nurse, working the switchboard at the time:

The body of Jacintha Saldanha, who was working on the switchboard, was found at an address yards away from King Edward VII Hospital, where she worked, just before 9.30am today.

Their statement added: 'Jacintha has worked at the King Edward VII Hospital for more than four years. She was an excellent nurse and well respected and popular with all over her colleagues.

Both the royals and the hospital have publicly expressed their sadness to this poor woman's family. Details at the link.

edit on 7-12-2012 by Jason88 because: updated

+34 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Well, I hope those DJ's are real proud of themselves either way.
I'm sure they are, after all, look at all the media coverage they received.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Hmm odd, on one side of me is saying .. I wouldn't commit suicide if I had slipped up like that. But the other side of me is finding puzzling that she commuted suicide. I dont see any reason for her death to be suspicious.

RIP lady

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88
.... and now the nurse who foolishly gave away medical information about the royal family to Australian pranksters.

It's my understanding this is the receptionist that transfered the call, not the nurse that gave out the information (two separate people) Still, the nurse never would have been on the phone if the receptionist had not have transferred the call.

If she did commit suicide over this prank phone call, that is so incredibly sad. Some radio DJs have very little morals in their quest for ratings and attention.
edit on 7-12-2012 by OneisOne because: typo..... is to if.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I don't think this is an Illuminati/elite/TPTE story. I think this is a 'poor woman that's be made to look an idiot in a story that crossed the globe and was in deep # at work' story.

I'd like to think the people at 2Day FM take a long hard look at themselves after this. Unfortunately, I don't think they will.

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
jeez people cant take a joke anymore
to commit suicide over something like that is foolish

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

If it really was a suicide, I feel sorry for her. To think that that she believed her life was worth less than something so stupid is quite sad. So Kate couldn't keep her tea and crumpets down - who cares? Woman all over the world suffer from the same thing during pregnancy and I doubt they would care if the world knew about it. I hope her pregnancy goes smoothly and I wish that for every woman equally but I'm already sick of hearing about it - there are WAY more important things we need to worry about these days.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
They do go over board sometimes, and this is very sad.

That's the thing with making pranks calls, you don't know the state of the person on the other end of the line, a bit like phone roulette on emotions.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
from what I gather from the news about Milinkov's death, he was with a group of 'civil servants' from his own country when he jumped from the car par park balcony, he must have been incredibly quick for someone not to try and stop him from jumping.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I agree, it's foolish to kill oneself over such a trivial episode - half of women suffer from morning sickness. And to those condemning the radio DJs - they deserve the scorn. In the US Howard Stern and others have done these prank phone calls for decades, though I don't remember anyone killing themselves over it - maybe she was a fragile woman who was thrust into the limelight under bad circumstances.

She also killed herself "yards from the hospital" in the morning - maybe she was fired? Or maybe it was a cry for help (she is near a hospital to be saved after all) that went terribly wrong.

I guess as is with most news items, it will take time for the "facts" to become clear.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
We dont know what was happening in the womans life, this could have been the thing that tipped her over the edge. its sad really.

+25 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
To blame the DJ's in this case is simply absurd. If nothing happened to the receptionist people would still be laughing about it. Now that it's gone bad we all immediately blame the pranksters. Pffftttt... we may as well just call pranking a person attempted murder while we are at it.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Blaming the pranksters for this is ridiculous. If she committed suicide she was very likely to be very depressed before this incident, and maybe this humiliation served as a breaking point of sorts, but still it was most probably a long term problem.

Regardless, very sad to hear.

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by xszawe
jeez people cant take a joke anymore
to commit suicide over something like that is foolish

Compassion, much?

From what I gather, the people concerned with taking the call and then handing out the information were in deep # at work. It's not about not being able to 'take a joke'. Taking a joke is when you ride out the people in your office having a laugh at your expense for a few minutes during dinner.

Here, the directors came down on them like a ton of bricks over this and they had the piss taken out of them in news outlets across the globe for days.

Big difference.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

I think the difference here is, she has been made out to be a fool, by the media, all over the world!!!
Can you even image the kind of hassling she may have been getting, every minute?
That could not have been easy to deal with, even for the strongest person.

I'm not saying suicide was the right way, but I couldn't even image that kind of pressure.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker
Hmm odd, on one side of me is saying .. I wouldn't commit suicide if I had slipped up like that. But the other side of me is finding puzzling that she commuted suicide. I dont see any reason for her death to be suspicious.

RIP lady

Not suspicious?? Explain that if you would?

Mucks up big time with the Royal Family.......Why would she care? Someone else did though and gave them the old suicide trick.....Me thinks

It's easy to make a murder look like a suicide......Happens all the time! As high profile as this, I am just about sure this lady didn't take her mistake to heart and feel she needs to end her life over it.......This is purely speculation, I don't know her situation, but I just can't see someone taking their life from a mistake they made.......How many mistakes did you make in your life where you actually thought about killing yourself over??

You are right about one thing in my mind, RIP lady.......Whether she did kill herself or not, she does need to rest in piece, unless she didn't do it......Then she needs to rest in unpeace and come back to haunt some M-effers......

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I guess something is wrong with me then, because I didn't think the prank was funny when I first heard about it.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Nothing is wrong with you. People have different tastes. But in this case very many people thought it was funny and it was a very successful stunt by the station.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
There are now conflicting news reports stating it was the nurse and not the receptionist.

A hospital nurse caring for the Duchess of Cambridge who was duped by two DJs pretending to be the Queen and Prince Charles is understood to have committed suicide.
Royal Prank Call Nurse 'Commits Suicide'

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join