It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seal Team Six..How Accurate do you believe it is?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I was thinking about watching this movie, but I'm curious about how accurate this movie really is?

Before even watching this, I already have the ideas of some bias in it. Only because he supposedly died in the Ocean, plus most of the Six seal members of the group were murdered after the fact of the operation. Or met their demise some other way. But, still. Not sure if I want even want to watch this.

What did you think of the movie?

Not sure if I can even believe it after the Seal members died after the fact of it.

edit on 5-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Ummm.. before I say more, can you show where you read the Seal Six members who were in Pakistan were also among those that were killed on the quick reaction force mission with the Chinook in Afghanistan? Seal Team Six was a 'team' in the 1980's when Dick Marcinko ran it as the Plank Holding commander. Now Seal Six is an organization unto themselves with some 2,000+ men assigned to it the last I saw anything half way reliable printed about it. Not 2,000 shooters, I'm sure....but total people assigned from logistics to direct support is what that meant I'd guess.

I haven't seen the movie because I have a personal thing on the whole basis under which it was made. However, I've read plenty on it and from the shooter who claims to have been inline to the room Bin Laden was in. (the relevant chapters of his book were on Cryptome for the direct account of the raid itself)....from what I've read, they're acting with the same methods and tactics of the real missions. After all, it's the real guys right? They're trained on that stuff until they don't even dream it anymore...they're beyond all that. lol....

I'd also guess our enemy is watching that movie too....VERY closely... It would have been like Platoon being released in 1969. Absurd. But, that's just my lonely opinion.
I'm anxious to hear others.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Let's see,
Seal Team Six supposedly took out a fake Bin Laden.
Seal Team Six supposedly lost a lot of members in a helicopter crash in Afghanistan soon later.
Seal Team Six, The Official Story was bought by Disney.
It's all lies most likely from beginning to end.
Just another story to be ingrained into the minds of citizens to further the lie of the Official Story into becoming a well known fact in their minds.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The only thing I can recall from mission, especially on ATS or news, that at least 3 members who carried out the operation were in fact killed by drive by shootings, another shooting and a suicide that I recall. I would have to look it up again.

That's why I'm asking.

The one I remember, I think he was at a barbeque or a birthday and was gunned down out in Texas or Arizona.

I'm watching the movie. So, will see.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Hey now.... That I hadn't heard. I'm glad I stopped to ask what you meant. I'd find it very interesting if a % of such a small group of guys died of random causes unrelated to the hazards of their line of work. I mean, getting killed in another mission doesn't much count..it's what they do. ...but drive-by's and random acts of Mr Murphy? Hey..yeah..just how many have there been if it was enough to make a mental note of? I am curious on that.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I was thinking about watching this movie, but I'm curious about how accurate this movie really is?

Before even watching this, I already have the ideas of some bias in it. Only because he supposedly died in the Ocean, plus most of the Six seal members of the group were murdered after the fact of the operation. Or met their demise some other way. But, still. Not sure if I want even want to watch this.

What did you think of the movie?

Not sure if I can even believe it after the Seal members died after the fact of it.

Are you talking about the Nat Geo docudrama "Seal Team Six" or the new release "Zero Dark Thirty"?

IMHO, Nat Geo's effort was probably more drama than documentary. It showed the characters being tightly wound and insubordinate which makes me question the authenticity before knowing the details.

The military doesn't work that way and would not tolerate the kind of behavior shown in a messcook, much less an elite soldier.

I believe that the plot is probably fairly accurate in a broad sense but much of the minutia is called into question after reading Matt Bissonnette's No Easy Day. The killing of Bin Laden happens dramatically differently from the official narrative or its depiction in Seal Team Six.

I haven't seen Zero Dark Thirty, the reviews are good but much of the story is centered on the ,intelligence effort and not the actual raid.

The group killed in the 2011 Afghanistan helicopter shoot-down and the Bin Laden raid were not the same individuals.

Seal team six is a public moniker for DEVGRU ( The United States Naval Special Warfare Development Group ).

DEVGRU is divided among a number of "teams" and consists of maybe 200 operators and a few hundred non-SEALS in various support roles.

American officials said that 22 of the dead were Navy Seal commandos, including members of Seal Team 6. Other commandos from that team conducted the raid in Abbottabad, Pakistan, that killed Bin Laden in May.The officials said that those who were killed Saturday were not involved in the Pakistan mission.

Copter Downed by Taliban Fire; Elite U.S. Unit Among Dead

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yeah most of the members of the supposed "Seal Team Six" have been killed.
Here is an article about a crash that probably killed several. link

I just have a hard time believing that Bin Laden was still alive or that there ever even was a Seal Team Six.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
For anyone who is interested. Seal Team Six is a very large but also very specific and specialized area of Naval Special Warfare. It's a fascinating story actually.....and to start here's the man who thought it up, literally, and then formed and commanded Seal Six back when they really were a secret kinda group. lol.....

From there, Marcinko sold the idea and was eventually tasked with creating and commanding SEAL Team SIX, the Navy’s first and only counter-terrorist command. SEAL Team SIX engaged in highly classified missions from Central America to the Middle East, the North Sea to Africa and beyond, and established itself as the world’s foremost counter-terrorism unit.

Marcinko later was named commanding officer and founder of a second counter-terrorism unit, Red Cell. Commanding Red Cell, Marcinko was directed to use his team to test the Navy's anti-terrorist capabilities. As a result he was able to infiltrate seemingly impenetrable, highly-secured bases, nuclear submarines, ships and other purported "secure areas", including the U.S. Presidential plane Air Force One. In doing so he reportedly embarrassed several superior officers, whom he accuses of involvement in his subsequent conviction for misappropriation of funds and resources under his command.
Source

If there is one guy who might just give Chuck Norris a run for his money, it'd be him I'd bet. In fact, I would put money on that one.

Of course, I'll bet the two would actually get along fine if they haven't run into each other somewhere already.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JericoEBE

I just have a hard time believing that Bin Laden was still alive or that there ever even was a Seal Team Six.

That is incorrect...

Twenty of the Navy SEALs killed were members of the Naval Special Warfare Development Group (DEVGRU), an elite, Tier-One unit of commandos formerly known as SEAL Team Six. This unit is best known for having carried out the operation that killed Osama Bin Laden; however, none of those killed had participated in the Bin Laden operation, which was conducted by members of DEVGRU's Red Squadron.

The other two Navy SEALs killed in the helicopter shootdown were from a West Coast-based SEAL unit. In addition to the losses, three Air Force Tier One operators, 1 Combat Controller and 2 Pararescuemen, all a part of the 24th Special Tactics Squadron, another Tier-One unit, were also killed in the attack.

2011 Chinook shootdown in Afghanistan

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
The only thing I can recall from mission, especially on ATS or news, that at least 3 members who carried out the operation were in fact killed by drive by shootings, another shooting and a suicide that I recall. I would have to look it up again.

That's why I'm asking.

The one I remember, I think he was at a barbeque or a birthday and was gunned down out in Texas or Arizona.

I'm watching the movie. So, will see.

As their identities are being tightly withheld to protect their families from retaliation in the name of the religion of peace ( excluding Matt Bissonnette, who wrote a book detailing the raid under a pen name and was outed by Fox News ) I highly doubt that information would be made public.

Are you sure the connection that it was a member of the Bin Laden raid was made by the MSM or here on ATS?

Google returns nothing as well?
edit on 5-12-2012 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Give me until next week. I will look it up then.

I have more things to worry about, right about now.

Please.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Sad, even in the movie that was supposed to be about him, they didn't even know it was him. So, messed up. Remind me why I watched this to begin with?

Ugh, it was a waste.
edit on 6-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot

Originally posted by JericoEBE

That is incorrect...

Twenty of the Navy SEALs killed were members of the Naval Special Warfare Development Group (DEVGRU), an elite, Tier-One unit of commandos formerly known as SEAL Team Six. This unit is best known for having carried out the operation that killed Osama Bin Laden; however, none of those killed had participated in the Bin Laden operation, which was conducted by members of DEVGRU's Red Squadron.

The other two Navy SEALs killed in the helicopter shootdown were from a West Coast-based SEAL unit. In addition to the losses, three Air Force Tier One operators, 1 Combat Controller and 2 Pararescuemen, all a part of the 24th Special Tactics Squadron, another Tier-One unit, were also killed in the attack.

2011 Chinook shootdown in Afghanistan

But there was no Seal operation to kill bin Laden. Bin Laden has been dead since 2003. We have just been using his ghost and look alikes to keep the dream alive.
i can't believe people actually believe that we go him with ST6.
That's just another Disney fantasy.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I don't know, haven't seen it. It's clearly pure propaganda, but that doesn't negate some aspects being true.

But if it has the "downed helicopter" in it, I feel pretty confident in saying it is mostly crap.

....drone....drone...drone...drone....drone...drone...drone.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Okay, trying to look up one of seal team members that were gunned down at the b-day party. Need a little help. Can't believe no one remembers this guy. BRB.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

About as real and accurate as any other movie out there that you have ever seen or ever will see.

Second.

new topics

top topics

join