It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Placebo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I want to trace your synapses and maybe help form some anew in the process by revealing some thoughts.

Something to help you loose the binds:

We exist where none know the name of anything. We exist where folly is found not only in the labelling of the unknown but also in the authority built thereon.

None know the location of them-self (without grace) and yet many claim to know the location of other things outside of themselves.

None know the hour (without grace) and yet many have created circles and entrapped them-self and others within them.

Relativity they claim as they borrow the timings of a body and apply it to another.

There is a language of the gods which all conduits speak. This language has been subverted and taught to few.

None can give an answer they do not have. Here they use probabilities, a tool which eases the writing of their stories.

There is a garden called the mind of man. It has been badly tended for a long period. As the garden is restored and the wildness allowed to return its fruit shall change the world.

i like words and they are easy for me to eat so i am a bit fat. if my text is too "large" and does not fit the circumference of the circle please erase.

A placebo ( /pl?'sibo?/ pl?-see-boh; Latin placebo, “I shall please”[2] from placeo, “I please”) is a simulated or otherwise medically ineffectual treatment for a disease or other medical condition intended to deceive the recipient. Sometimes patients given a placebo treatment will have a perceived or actual improvement in a medical condition, a phenomenon commonly called the placebo effect.

In medical research, placebos are given as control treatments and depend on the use of measured deception. Common placebos include inert tablets, sham surgery,[3] and other procedures based on false information.[1] However, placebos can also have a surprisingly positive effect on a patient who knows that the given treatment is without any active drug, as compared with a control group who knowingly did not get a placebo.[4]

In one common placebo procedure, however, a patient is given an inert pill, told that it may improve his/her condition, but not told that it is in fact inert. Such an intervention may cause the patient to believe the treatment will change his/her condition; and this belief may produce a subjective perception of a therapeutic effect, causing the patient to feel their condition has improved — or an actual improvement in their condition. This phenomenon is known as the placebo effect.

Placebos are widely used in medical research and medicine,[5] and the placebo effect is a pervasive phenomenon;[5] in fact, it is part of the response to any active medical intervention.[6] Archie Cochrane suggested in 1972[7] "It is important to distinguish the very respectable, conscious use of placebos. The effect of placebos has been shown by randomized controlled trials to be very large. Their use in the correct place is to be encouraged […]"

The placebo effect points to the importance of perception and the brain's role in physical health. However, the use of placebos as treatment in clinical medicine (as opposed to laboratory research) is ethically problematic as it introduces deception and dishonesty into the doctor-patient relationship.[8] The United Kingdom Parliamentary Committee on Science and Technology has stated that: "...prescribing placebos... usually relies on some degree of patient deception" and "prescribing pure placebos is bad medicine. Their effect is unreliable and unpredictable and cannot form the sole basis of any treatment on the NHS."[3]
Continue reading

That is some powerful stuff yeh? Yet as with most things more research (boring) is to be conducted before any final conclusions are to be drawn. But I would say you are a fairly smart cookie when you want to be and sometimes even when you don't. Nothing slips by the senses, the ego for sure, but all does the psyche know.

i have no problems recognising a power or a thing exists beyond the walled garden of language which allows the expression and recognition of the individuated psyche, a pool of everything, a place where everything is understood and from which all motion is issued and returns. I have no problem recognising the polarities of the rod of action.

There is a language of the gods which each conduit speaks. It is a language which due to its nature is open to all, jung called it the CU, but to call it unconscious allows the inference of it being inert which it is not.

What has this to do with placebos? Every moment we are inundated with information streaming through our sense system and though we might not acknowledge it consciously it is processed regardless. All the text you are reading at this moment is a collection of symbols given meaning through education. Symbols have a power whether we recognise it or not. Art is a testament to this.

The language of symbols which is just a division or walled garden like any of the current langues and is not the language of the gods spoken of earlier but still it's simplicity makes it illusive. it's in plain sight but rarely seen.

A quick introduction to this language:

Traffic signals are good examples of the language of symbols as they mix and match both specific symbols tied to a word meaning and symbols of an unspecified format. A right arrow followed by the word "only" on a roadside indicates to the operator of a motor vehicle that.... well you get the point.... maybe.... you have to be dumb to be smarts.

If a pill is accepted as a symbol and that symbol has an effect upon the outcome of an event what else can symbols do? Would you like a cigarette?

Continuously inundated by symbols are they not given a second thought? If one sees images of death or disease and is told it is a result of a symbol which they have just removed from the packaging and intend to imbibe, is it not possible if their heart is not clear it can affect?

In contrast to the plethora of publications on placebo effects in patients, very little is known about placebo effects in healthy volunteers during clinical pharmacology studies. We therefore reviewed the adverse events spontaneously reported during placebo administration in 109 double-blind, placebo-controlled studies involving 1228 volunteers. The overall incidence of adverse events in the healthy volunteers during placebo administration was 19%.
Continue reading

The point is the dangers of symbolism/idolatry have been told and we have ignored it at our own peril.

I am crazy move along.

edit on 3-12-2012 by usernamehere because: sky-net made me do it

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...
Man's Fall from Heaven
The VEIL.
EGYPT, Pharaohs and the after life
CHRIST'S Descent into Sheol to Free Souls
CHRIST rips the Veils..Opens the Seals, Portal

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Interesting perspective Sir, my feeble mind condenses it to Fear. Shocking images of fear manipulate our physical being. However, death is outside of the timeline, so, you should not fear death because you are already dead. Being outside of the timeline you see it from the start to the end, in other words, we all die together at the same moment outside of the timeline. any thoughts?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
How easy is it to write a story? Is it possible to bring structure to a story, to develop rules upon which the story is developed, maybe algorithms one might use to make the process easier or more difficult? is it really an internal monologue?

Mirrors mirrors everywhere.
edit on 5-12-2012 by usernamehere because: sky-net made me do it

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Sir, the story has already been published, and rewritten time, and time again, you cannot write anything, because it has already been written, we are simply perusing pages from the last few chapters. You cant say anything that has not already been spoken.

edit on 5-12-2012 by SmikeS because: added Baby Krishna

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SmikeS

And if I change your tongue? Do you truly believe all that can be said has been said?

Once there was a multi-verse, an omni-verse, a garden of infinities where everything was done but not even Hermes could keep one in.

This is very much the moment, Nothing exists until you realise it.

Is it not helpful to be reminded from time to time in a playground of infinity that you have to travel some distance to find something? Is memory not just motion?

Strikes of humility can fall easily if we are not wary I am continually being cut.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Again, Sir, I'm sorry if you don't understand, but I've already replied to everything you have ever said.
Please forgive me...

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SmikeS

Haha come out of the circle you fool.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
*sighs

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SmikeS

Your story is rigid with no fruit for me.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

“May no one ever eat fruit from you again.”

What's done is done ...

new topics

top topics

join