It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy theorists are Smokers in front of Mirrors.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Why bother coming here then?
Why not lurk around Fox News blogs if you want the "truth"?

The truth is, this kind of creature actually exists and that's why I'm here:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Controlled World Ecomonic Collapse

+inflation.

Any economics major will be able to explain why a boom/bust cycle is beneficial to anyone at the top end in finance.

Look at how the housing market went from astronomical values to rock bottom prices within a couple years. Coincidently, not many have the capital or credit to profit off such good values. That is by design. The boom bust cycle continues to be a consolidation of wealth.

If you are arguing that "the illuminati" are trying to "make us all broke" and "they won't stop until money has no more value" then... A college course in econ might help.

Beyond that, certain events will never have enough info to prove anything. But the JFK one is an instance where a simple link or explanation can be given. I'd recommend searching through RisingAgainst's threads, or search the name with "JFK".

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Any economics major will be able to explain why a boom/bust cycle is beneficial to anyone at the top end in finance.
If you are arguing that "the illuminati" are trying to "make us all broke" and "they won't stop until money has no more value" then... A college course in econ might help.

Ok so a economics major can explain how boom/bust cycle is beneficial for people at the top yet you are saying that there isn't an elite planing to do just that in the first place.

Your argument sounds like an oxymoron.
edit on 30-11-2012 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Evidence...heh

I don't have evidence that there is a tooth fairy phenomena but from my experience, it is the truth.
What ever non-evidence or scientists you can trow at me won't change that fact.

Conspiracy to some, truth for others.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by theMediator

Originally posted by boncho

Ok so a economics major can explain how boom/bust cycle is beneficial for people at the top yet you are saying that there isn't an elite planing to do just that in the first place.

Your argument sounds like an oxymoron.
edit on 30-11-2012 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

The popular story perpetuated by CT's is that elite are doing this to try to end the world or some other nonsense. The line between truth and reality is a fine one.

Technically it's about their life, no one really cares about your life. Sometimes people in positions of power do things that make life very beneficial at the bottom, sometimes the opposite (probably more of the latter).

edit on 30-11-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I actually do smoke in front of the mirror sometimes

I am interested in conspiracy theories because of things I have seen and experienced myself that make no sense with the official story.

The fist was 9/11. I'm not from the Us but it was broadcast live here. We were in absolute shock seeing those planes hit those buildings. People in the coffee we were in were crying. Later they showed footage of GW in the school reading to kids and being told what had happened. No emotion on his, no rush, no panic. I am from a different country and people here were emotional and panicked and tense to do something immediately, but not the president of the country the event was taking place in. It just struck me as so odd. Later, Iraq was attacked after we had already seen news saying the men had come from Saudi Arabia and Afghanistan. Our news and American news were not matching up. I have noticed that repeatedly.

Another time I watched an Obama speech on CBC. When I saw this same speech on an American network, parts were left out and the whole speech was taken out of the context in which we were given it. Completely spun.

It is the same with the alternative news or at least the heavy hitters. A young lady (highschool) went missing in Toronto. The police devised a plan to flush evidence out of the apartment buildings surrounding the school by saying they would be going door to door in 2 days. 2 days later they checked all the outer garbage bins. Infowars made ths out to be some big police state conspiracy in Canada. I commented they were wrong and what actually happened and included a news link with video proving the truth. They would not publish my comment or link. The commenters went on and on about Canada being a police state too, but mine wasn't allowed.

I was a foster parent. What I saw amazed and horrified me. Any foster parent that complained about the department had their kids pulled and were charged with child abuse. Their evidence to the contrary, including letters from schools, would be lost somewhere. Just before these cases would go to court the charges would be dropped. I knew it was happening because the child advocate was doing a review of the whole system and interviewing foster parents and I knew these people and could recognize the evidence they had given in the report published by the advocate and these were all the ones being charged. They destroyed the families, bounced the kids around for months and then sent them back to these same foster homes. Some took the kids back because they wanted to adopt, most said forget it and are never looked back. The kids I know personally are a mess now. Little kids with attachment disorders and FAS who were just learning to trust bounced from home to home for months on end to teach us all to shut up.

I wont go into all details but just before I quit I was told not to talk to police about a foster girl in my home who had something happen to her on a visit until the worker told me what to say because they wanted to move her to that house. I had already told police everything and been to the hospital and asked why I shouldn't talk to the police. My worker said " Well how will you know it's really a cop?" WTF? Big RCMP sign outside the building, guy in uniform with a gun. I figure he was a cop. I called him and told him> He was pissed and wanted to know when child protection started running the police force. They wouldn't answer his calls. By 10 am the next morning they moved the kids to that house. The police moved them out a few months later for abuse that put one of them in the hospital.

I've seen enough over the years to know people and things aren't always what they seem to be.

edit on 30-11-2012 by icmom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

A Conspiracy theory is a term that originally described any claim of civil, criminal, or political conspiracy. This is a perfect description of what the US government did on September 11, 2001. --->Conspiracy theories are based on the notion that complex plots are put into motion by powerful hidden forces.. A conspiracy theory explains an event as being the result of an alleged plot by a covert group or organization or, more broadly, the idea that important political, social or economic events are the products of secret plots that are largely unknown to the general public.
A conspiracy theorist is someone who postulates on the existence of secret agreements between two or more people or governments to perform unlawful acts.

conspiracy
1. the act of conspiring.
2. an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons; plot.
3. a combination of persons for a secret, unlawful, or evil purpose: He joined the conspiracy to overthrow the government.
4. Law. an agreement by two or more persons to commit a crime, fraud, or other wrongful act.
5. any concurrence in action; combination in bringing about a given result.

theory
1. a coherent group of tested general propositions, commonly regarded as correct, that can be used as principles of explanation and prediction for a class of phenomena: Einstein's theory of relativity. Synonyms: principle, law, doctrine.
2. a proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural and subject to experimentation, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact. Synonyms: idea, notion hypothesis, postulate. Antonyms: practice, verification, corroboration, substantiation.
3. Mathematics . a body of principles, theorems, or the like, belonging to one subject: number theory.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DrGod

Why bother coming here then?

Because if reality is up for grabs then what better place to be.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

How many of these documents made it to Ats for scrutiny?

Well considering word of MKUltra was coming out prior to ATS being created, I'd say none.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join