It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Short Sci-Fi Story by me "The Highest Power in the Universe "

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

But why would Earth's Winter Solstice be so very significant? I have the answer to that too. I'll try to think about this and get something written by December 25, eh? Might as well give it a whirl. I have a lot of content to work with.

I would really enjoy reading it.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyntheticPerception
If you do not mind me asking around what age did you experience your psychosis? I got out of the hospital the day before my 30th birthday.

I was 28 at the time I first "popped" around Christmas time, and the thing that initially set me off, was my intense absorption or "grokking" (to borrow a word from Heinlein's "A Stranger in a Strange Land") of two books, one called "The Road Less Traveled, A New Psychology of Love, Traditional Values and Spiritual Growth" by M. Scott Peck, MD and a popular science book on the new physics called "The Dancing Wu Li Masters" by Gary Zukav. Something in me just broke and I cried and cried at a recognition, yes, that I was loved by God, and instead of accepting it, my ego latched on and I wanted instead to be extra special and powerful, and for a short time, while skiing with some friends, I was, I had the power and went around trying to secretly bless everyone and bestow grace upon them, but what goes up eventually comes back down again, and the higher one goes the harder the fall can be when it happens. Like I said, I got passive aggressive with God who was forced to pull away while building a catch net to catch me (he never abandons or forsakes us). I'm now 45 and this same kind of thing has happened to me about 4 times, but not anymore, not because I'm resisting anything but because of the work I've done to integrate my experiences.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

not because I'm resisting anything but because of the work I've done to integrate my experiences.

I am still integrating.

Now that I have quit swimming upstream it has become much easier. It took me awhile to surrender to the "process"

I want to ask a few questions but these things can be a bit personal, I'll send a U2U later if you do not mind.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I want to ask a few questions but these things can be a bit personal, I'll send a U2U later if you do not mind.

I don't mind in the least. Glad to be of service and be helpful if I can.

Cheers,

NAM

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I went full circle and back again. It feels wonderful.. I remember having a dream awhile back where I woke up in my dream laughing historically at a Rooster cawing. I could not help but walk around with the biggest smile on my face.

This is for you, which I just feel is kind of apropos including the rooster's crow at the beginning.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join