It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new budget offer from the White House is unbelievable!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I am so confused.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Here's how it works.

Obama gave everyone a copy of his 2013 budget proposal in February 2012.

It went to vote in May or June of 2012 and it goes nowhere.

Everyone puts it to the side until the very last minute because no one wants to deal with it until the end of the year (December 2012).

No decision gets made at the end of the year, so they make concessions and decide one budget item at a time how and when it's going to get paid until the rest of the budget is figured out.

The budget never gets figured out or passed until the budget year is over (September 2013) and then everyone just tallies up how much they overspent and say they're not going to do that again the next year. Then it repeats again anyway.

See how that works?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

thank you, what do you think he is trying to gain ?

What is inside Obama's head?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

And the path for President 0bamam to become Dictator 0bama is panning out nicely.

Way to go America. We really are screwed as a Country.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The spending budget of the American government our "government" is so bloated and unsustainable that anything Congress and the corruption that surrounds them can do is plan, plan and make more plans.

Because is nothing they can do without Stopping the waste and abuse that is already put in place without scamming the tax payers.

Billions and Trillions of Dollars are going every month into the hands of the Bankers in Wall Street thanks to the Corruption entity call the Federal Reserve that can ask the Treasury to keep infusing bailouts to the bankers without congress approval

Right now the so call savings over the span of 10 years will add to all the other budgets from previews administration that has done the same thing, adding more burden to the already overburdened American tax payers

In that package of 10 years saving is nothing about how to stop the Fed from leaching the working class and actually wants more legislation in 2013 to cut Medicare and "other benefits" to the elderly and needy

We are witnessing the inefficacy of a government that has been allowed to run rampant on spending and run by the elite in Wall Street, we are a population that had put to much trust on a corrupted government.

America will only keep degrading and we the people, voters and tax payer will just sit there and watch it happen because we have been brainwashed that government knows better.

The problem with the white House is that they still have some guilt to what they are doing to the working class in the nation, they can not increase taxes that are the only thing they can do right now to get more taxable income as the government doesn't make any money itself, but knows very well that they have allowed the Fed to keep bailing out the bankers in Wall street at the expenses of the working class.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
And we keep hearing "Blame The Republicans"
Of course it's their fault, because they're not going along with this plan.

Just to be clear, I not a party follower, neither Dem nor Republican. But, I do think it's insane to blame others when they won't follow an obviously stupid idea.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Let's please keep our comments on the topic and not each other.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Deetermined

thank you, what do you think he is trying to gain ?

What is inside Obama's head?

Obama's trying to say that the only way to decrease our deficit is to raise taxes. During his campaign he stated that we need to cut spending too, but so far we're not seeing much of that. In essence, he's trying to keep the U.S. credit rating from being downgraded again, but he wants to do it by raising revenue instead of cutting spending too.

I'm seeing some mixed messages in the articles I'm reading on Obama cutting spending. The only thing consistent is that Obama's willing to cut spending on payment to Doctors for Medicare by approximately $340 Billion - $400 Billion. However, I don't understand what's happening to the $1.2 Trillion mandatory budget cuts that were supposed to be put into place. Some articles I've read said that his budget includes them, however, some articles I've read say that he's trying to defer those for another year.

Also, what's the deal with the tax increases? Most of the articles I'm reading only mention that the increase to the wealthy will happen on the top 2% in the way of expiring Bush tax cuts, but one article I read said that his plan not only includes elimination of the Bush tax cuts for those making over $250,000, but that there's an ADDITIONAL and special tax on those making over $1 million on top of that.

edit on 30-11-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by anonodox

You are absolutely correct. We are so far down the tube that a correction will not and cannot be utilized.
We need to start over. Pick our nation up from the beginning and try it again. The governments only can see one side. They are a taxing entity and the mindset of our lawmakers on both sides of the aisle is to tax first and then try reductions. This happens in local and school governments every day. Our representatives need to realize its a two way street. Reform and taxation must work together before we can continue.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

That is down right scarry. And congress better damn well dig their heels in on this one.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
This is called negotiating. Obama is not worried about reelection and can play hard ball. By starting at a more extreme position, he will more likely get what he wants.

Frankly, I think the Republicans politicians are outraged not by the proposal, but due to the fact that Obama isn't simply rolling over this time. They know this is his starting proposal and is likely to change.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
That first chart will make you scratch your head and say "wtf?"

"Republics decline into democracies and democracies degenerate into despotism." - Aristotle

"Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." - Plato

I am beginning to think some of the conspiracy theories on this board might be correct. There are those sayig TPTB know something is "coming" so they are spending money with no hope of repaying it because they know they won't have to.

Anyway...madness...absolute madness.

I wish there was some way we could tell the Gov "you guys borrowed and spent all this money without asking the people or allowing them to vote or have a voice in it...it's your problem, not ours". Then the credit collectors start calling them 5 times a day and threatening them.
edit on 11/30/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

I say we follow the Iceland model and throw every banker that asked for more money, the politicians who gave it to them, and everyone else involved into jail. We then erase the debt, abolish the federal reserve, go back to a austrian system of economic sustainability and it's all good.

Sure it's going to be rough while the current system collapses and we jail all those who have destroyed it.
That's what we have SOCIETY for - not Government. If we stopped relying on Government to support us and instead looked to OURSELVES as a SOCIETY we could make the above a reality. Iceland made it through, and look at them now - they are doing fairly well.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The OP had done a disservice to this site ATS with either his ignorance or deliberate attempt to mislead.

The most critical of all is his claim is Tom Geithner's call to remove the statutory limit from Congress as AN ATTACK UPON THE CONSTITUTION.

The treasury dept DOES NOT seek to revoke the rights of Congress as per constitutional decrees with regards to revenues, but only to not allow Congress to decide on setting the limits upon spending or savings. This has nothing to do with the Constitution or even mentioned as a right of Congress.

Think about it - the limits were caused by the moron Bush years of spending more than obtaining revenues, giving away tax breaks to crooked cronies in the financial institutions to cheat, to gamble, to profit for themselves and then to make the next generations pay off those excessess.

Congress had failed to behave responsibly over the financial revenues of the nation, espacially when they have the majority seats and an executive of the same party.

The Bush administration had proven how reckless they were, and today, the Obama administration have to clean up the mess with tried and tested Keynesian policies, and not failed EU policies of austerity that had only lead to rising unemployment and crippling recessions..

Geithner's proposal works equally upon both republican and democrats. That limit for loans will no longer be allowed to be set by an irresponsible Congress while it continues to have control over other financial issues, but set by the elected Executive held accountable to the People and by the Judiciary.

McConnel may laugh, but it only proves his culpability in allowing reckless behaviour over the years with his support of 'privatising profits but socializing debts' to the american people, and shows off further his disgusting behavior to continue with such policies.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Interesting position.

I think you are looking with rose colored glasses though. If someone is not the voice of reason, this out of control Gov (and I mean both parties) would spend to infinity. They would turn to the American people and say "We are your Representatives so this is your debt and now you have to pay it all back".

It starts with a "balanced budget". Once that is secure, you address means to pay down the overall national debt...that is unless we really do not care about the burdens we pass on to our progeny.

I have always been a little resistant to the national debt and how it came to be.

In this scenario...The Fed...a private organization...bailed out the banks and stock markets...more private organizations. How is the hell is this a USA citizen debt? If the grocery store down the road lets someone put food on a running tab and then doesn't pay it, that is not my debt and I won't pay it. What we have here is supposedly a Gov backed or insured loan from one financial institution to another...but they added the dollar amount to our debt...it's bogus.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

That is down right scarry. And congress better damn well dig their heels in on this one.

Metaphorically and in reply, the sand of the base under the Pyramid
is now too loose for anyone to dig into. We're all getting pulled in now,
and the black hole may be visible soon... to enough people to know
"THEY ALL put the yeast in"to this crock. And it ain't beer, Moe.
I said this before, I'm not at all wondering anymore. The Congress-critters
are carrying the subliminal mindset the Tree of Liberty is that cherry that
young George chopped down. It was a fairy table from the git-go. And
what really happened in this country vs. the fairy tales we were taught
prove we've always been and will probably always BE a Crown colony.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

0bama and admin are cleaning up the mess????!!!!

Now that is the best joke all day.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
So it's unbelivable you say? More unbelievable than the Republican policy of "let's cross our fingers and hope 'Trickle Down Economics' works this time."

Puhleeeeze. Don't make me laugh.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

how does a misspent surplus a decade ago translate into this nonsense now...?....I am at a loss. Its freaking black magic it is....

F

edit on 30-11-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

When they use the word "surplus", they are only talking about not spending as much money as they had budgeted for any ONE given year. It means absolutely ZERO in real terms with regards to the deficit.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join