It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eragon series- new book?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Am I the only one who have heard rumors of the possibility of a new Eragon book being written? Personally I rather enjoyed the series, but felt Paolini left the ending a little.... Incomplete.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Mordred415

I've never read it, could you give me a breakdown on the series?

I'm reading a Game of thrones, at the moment.

SS

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I thought it ended just fine.

But no, I have not heard any rumors of a new book.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

He let the last book end with so many unanswered questions and possibilities, that and many of the fellow readers who I know enjoyed the book agree with me upon how it ended, most of his readers were pulling for the Arya to return Eragons feelings, and when she returned them, he had to leave. Also we had been given foreshadowing of a great battle between Eragon and Galbatorix but, rather Eragon killed him with "truth". There was no great battle like many expected, although I did enjoy the "truth" twist.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Spike Spiegle

. There are three books so far in the series and they are: Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr. Eragon The first book in the series starts off with a farm boy who hunts for him, his cousin Roran, and his uncle Garrow. The farm boy, whose name is Eragon, is in for a big surprise. While Eragon is off hunting there is an explosion and a large stone appears out of no where. He takes the stone home and tries to sell it and no one will buy it because it came from the Spire. Later that night while he is in his room the stone cracks and Eragon finds out that it wasn't a stone at all, but a dragon egg. When he touches the small blue dragon that comes out of the egg he is branded with the gedwëy insignia, or a small, shining, silver spot on his palm, and a bond is forged between his mind and the dragon's mind. Eragon becomes the first new Dragon Rider free of Galbatorix's evil influence. In the end of the book Eragon is present at the Battle of Farthen Dûr. During which he kills Durza, an evil shade, and people start calling him Shadeslayer for his tremendous feat. Eldest The second book is about Eragon finding out that Morzan, the first and last of the Forsworn, is supposedly his father. His blood-brother Murtagh takes the sword that the Dragon Rider in Carvahall, the farming village Eragon came from, gave to him. Eragon's cousin brings the people from Carvahall to The Burning Plains where Eragon is fighting Murtagh. After the battle and the Varden, the group of rebels trying to bring down the tyrant king Galbatorix, is victorious and Roran is given a proper weapon he gives Eragon his hawthorn staff that he used on the journey from Carvahall and during the Battle of Helgrind. Brisingr Book three starts off with Eragon and Roran at Helgrind in the middle of the Empire trying to rescue Katrina, Roran's betrothed, from Helgrind and kill the last of the Ra'zac for murdering their uncle Garrow. When they finally succeed in rescuing Katrina Eragon decides to stay behind and figure out what to do with Katrina's father, the butcher Sloan, who owned the meat shop in Carvahall. Sloan sold Roran to the Ra'zac in hopes of keeping him from taking his daughter. Eragon finds out that his true father is Brom, the man who trained him to be a Dragon Rider. In the end of Brisingr Eragon has Rhünon make him a sword by taking over his mind and controlling his movements. Eragon names his sword Brisingr and Rhünon etches the symbol for fire into the sword and sheath then Eragon leaves to aid the Varden in the takeover of Feinster after learning about the Elundari or dragons' heart of hearts. During the takeover Eragon, Arya, and Saphira fight a shade. After Feinster is taken over Eragon and Saphira show Arya and Nasuada Glaedr's ELundari. Thus ends book three COP
www.fanpop.com... They didnt have a summary of the 4th book on the website, but that might be good because if you decide to read them, you won't know what to expect, unless you do some research on the book

Text

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I loved this series as well! Came across this info for you.
Included are his thoughts on returning to the world of Alagaesia. So...perhaps somewhere down the line we will see another book.

The INHERITANCE DELUXE Enhanced Ebook with Video (On sale October 23, 2012 / $13.99) includes all the features of the hardcover Deluxe, plus 17 exclusive videos that take readers behind the scenes with Christopher Paolini for a unique reading experience, as he shares stories and secrets about Inheritance. Videos are embedded throughout the text, allowing readers to watch Paolini’s commentary on scenes as they unfold. He touches on topics and characters ranging from the Capture of Nasuada, the Siege of Urû’baen, the Fall of Galbatorix, Angela the Herbalist, and his thoughts on returning to the world of Alagaësia in the future.

www.alagaesia.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mordred415
Am I the only one who have heard rumors of the possibility of a new Eragon book being written? Personally I rather enjoyed the series, but felt Paolini left the ending a little.... Incomplete.

It wouldn't be good if it didn't leave you wanting more

My son and I are about a third of the way through Brisingr. I have really enjoyed reading them to him, and though essentially written for the young, they are sufficiently grown up to keep me interested. However, I think I will have had my fill by the time we finish Inheritance, and hopefully by then too, my son will be old enough to be able to comprehend the greater depth offered by The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, which I am really looking forward to reading again
Any more books by Paolini, and he can read those to himself I think.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

The Inheritance cycle is an great piece of work, many people don't see all of the literary divices that Paolini used in the creation of this novel. I hope for this book, as well as the Harry Potter series to obtain the literary value the deserve. And as far as the ending goes, I agree that making us want more is a good way to end, but I feel as though he left us a little too much in the dark, and that if he were to pick up were he left off with the fourth novel, that the next book would be about Eragons new Dojo for dragon rider training, some of the new dragon riders to be introduced, which could lead him into the next time he intends to lead his readers back to his realm of fantasy, as well as including a few chapters worth of nasuada, Arya, murtagh, and Orin, so that he has created a perfect backdrop for when he writes the next novel, which will be set many years in the future

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I hope that we do, but it would be rather disappointing to see more new than old characters, I really want to see more happen with the old characters than to see more introductions and adventures with some new characters. I guess I'm just worried that if he does write a new book to the series that it may not be as great as the rest

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Night Star

I hope that we do, but it would be rather disappointing to see more new than old characters, I really want to see more happen with the old characters than to see more introductions and adventures with some new characters. I guess I'm just worried that if he does write a new book to the series that it may not be as great as the rest

Authors can be full of surprises. He was quite young when he first started the series so, perhaps a new story will be even better. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mordred415

I agree, Paolini is good, and clearly very well read. It has also been a pleasure to see him develop in maturity as a writer with each book. I have enjoyed them very much, as I said, and have yet to complete the cycle, so cannot properly judge how I will feel when I have, and I would rather he developed as a writer, than tied himself to the same characters for the sake of it. We shall see though

I have to disagree about Rowling, I don't think she is a good writer, though she is an entertaining one, but too formulaic. While Paolini has constructed his world from scratch under influence of others, Rowling has constructed hers with too many borrowed parts. But it worked for her, and is not to be sniffed at in the least. I think they make very good films, but that is largely because they are formulaic.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

The quality, and literary merit, as well as devices that follow Rowling, far surpass that of twilight. No offense to twilight, I have read them all, and they are pretty good, but harry potter is a book with so many hidden twists and puns, that need more of a deeper understanding.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

The quality, and literary merit, as well as devices that follow Rowling, far surpass that of twilight. No offense to twilight, I have read them all, and they are pretty good, but harry potter is a book with so many hidden twists and puns, that need more of a deeper understanding.

Ah, well, yes...all things being relative, I suppose in comparison to Twilight, Rowling probably can be described as a good writer.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I enjoyed the Eragon series as well.
If you are into epic fantacy, check out "The Wheel of Time" series by Robert Jordan. He passed away before he could finish them.
They have hired Brandon Sanderson to finish them. He has done a great job picking the series up where Jordan left off. There will be a total of 14 books (if I remember correctly) when the last comes out in Febuary next year.
Quad

top topics

join