It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD officer giving winter boots to barefoot homeless man Read more:

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
He was being watched.. and decided to impress others by his charity.. id like to see his credit history if he's done this before... so convient that a camera was present from a visiting guest.

Still think their nothin more then hired thugs.. not impressed. Just the media swallowing this up to hide the real news. Now I see reporters asking others views then having hard data to back up their segments..

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
fair play to the cop

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
And this story takes a strange turn... The homeless man has been found walking barefoot again...

The New York City homeless man – whose gift of boots from an NYPD police officer became an online sensation last week – is back on the streets with no shoes.

The New York Times found him Sunday night wandering barefoot in Manhattan. The paper identified him as Jeffrey Hillman, formerly of South Plainfield, N.J.

Asked about the $100 all-weather boots Officer Larry DePrimo gave him on Nov. 14, Hillman says he’s hidden them because “they are worth a lot of money.”

He says he’s grateful for the gift, but he wants “a piece of the pie” because the photo was posted online “without permission.”

“I was put on YouTube, I was put on everything without permission,” he added. “What do I get?”

Still, he was grateful.

“I appreciate what the officer did, don’t get me wrong,” he said. “I wish there were more people like him in the world.”

“I want to thank everyone that got onto this thing,” he continued to the Times. “I want to thank them from the bottom of my heart. It meant a lot to me. And to the officer, first and foremost.”

So who, exactly, is Hilman? He told the Times he’s a veteran with two kids and is coy about how he got to this point in life:.....

www.theblaze.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

forget the sceptics i'm probably more sceptical than most.you made my day.THERE IS HOPE.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
And this story takes a strange turn... The homeless man has been found walking barefoot again...

The New York City homeless man – whose gift of boots from an NYPD police officer became an online sensation last week – is back on the streets with no shoes.

The New York Times found him Sunday night wandering barefoot in Manhattan. The paper identified him as Jeffrey Hillman, formerly of South Plainfield, N.J.

Asked about the $100 all-weather boots Officer Larry DePrimo gave him on Nov. 14, Hillman says he’s hidden them because “they are worth a lot of money.”

He says he’s grateful for the gift, but he wants “a piece of the pie” because the photo was posted online “without permission.”

“I was put on YouTube, I was put on everything without permission,” he added. “What do I get?”

Still, he was grateful.

“I appreciate what the officer did, don’t get me wrong,” he said. “I wish there were more people like him in the world.”

“I want to thank everyone that got onto this thing,” he continued to the Times. “I want to thank them from the bottom of my heart. It meant a lot to me. And to the officer, first and foremost.”

So who, exactly, is Hilman? He told the Times he’s a veteran with two kids and is coy about how he got to this point in life:.....

www.theblaze.com...

In this article his brother says Hillman chose to live this "lifestyle". I'd say he's probably a little mental, IMO.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Has it occurred to anyone that maybe the reason some cops do act like jerks is because a lot of people assume they are bad, no matter what they do?

People are brainwashed into thinking cops are their friends by the indoctrination system, I mean education system. Yet many people end up with a serious dislike of cops, even with all that early PR. Do you ever wonder how that can happen? Because the cops earn all that disdain and distrust through their own interactions with people. I believed in the whole cops are here to help BS until I was 19 myself.

I was driving down my unlit road one friday night, doing the speed limit of 45, my road was pretty twisty, it is not really safe to go faster, except on the one tiny 1/2 mile straight away the road has. Anyways, some prick came flying out of nowheres, and starts riding my ass with his brights on, blinding me. I flipped up the rear view, but it don't help much on twisty roads, as the brights are mostly bouncing off the side views anyway. On the one straight away I downshifted then punched it to try get some space between myself and the jerk, didn't help any, he stayed right on my ass anyways. It was about 6 minutes this douche rode my ass until he flipped on the lights and sirens. I pulled over at the first available safe spot, he stuck a gun in my face, cuffed me, then him and the backup he called searched my car for around 3 hours, stopping every few minutes to ask me what drugs I was on, where my drugs were hidden etc etc.

I was clean, I had no record, they found nothing. They "let me off easy" with 10 bogus tickets, the only one that was true was the speeding one from the straight away, which would have never happened had he not been driving like an aggressive asshole. Friday night, the guy could have been a drunk for all I know. There is no shoulder to pull off and let people go by, or to pull over safely, there is a whopping 4 inches between the white line and guard rails on that road. I ended up paying a lawyer 3 grand and still having to pay for the tickets. The cop also threatened me through my lawyer, the lawyer said the guy was a total nutcase. He disobeyed and order from a superior that told him not to show up for the court date, and then threatened me......

That was when I learned cops are not my friends. Almost every encounter I have ever had with police were negative, that one was the worst though.

Alright, you had an encounter with a bad cop. A real jerk, from your story. I KNOW people that have had similar. I have even shared a story of my own, of one that was very creepy. I was driving with my grown daughter, and her then-fiance was in the backseat. Had an older Cadi at the time, so he could sit back. A cop pulled the car over, on a really quiet stretch of road (late at night), because a headlight had gone out. No big deal there, but his behavior was VERY off. Apparently, he didn't see the guy in the backseat, and thought he'd pulled over two lone women. His behavior was strange, comments were borderline suggestive, and we all had the impression he was planning something very bad. After a few moments of this nonsense, her then-fiance sat forward in his seat, and caught the cop's attention. The cop virtually jumped, but NOT in a way that you would expect if he felt threatened. He didn't reach for his gun, but scrambled back to his car after some muttered comment, and drove off. I have no doubt that he planned some assault. My husband has storied of bad cops, too.

However, that doesn't mean they are ALL that way. I have also talked to many polite, professional, decent cops, trying to do a job. Some bad ones don't mean they are all bad. I am as wary of "the system" as the next person, but I won't label every cop, or every soldier, or whatever, as a bad person because of that. Such a position would not be logical. I have had cops save the lives of my family, when we broke down on a VERY busy interstate with no shoulder. My mother went to school with some, and had real friends that were cops. Good people. Sure, the system is messed up, and there are bad apples. Not all of them are that way, though.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Saw on yahoo 'news' he is barefoot again.. Prolly sold them for a crack rock. ha

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
another fine mess you've gotten us into,

and,

that's all I have to say about the subject.....................

youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Turns out the guy isn't even homeless.

www.cnn.com...

Looks like he has figured out that begging barefoot is more profitable.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join