It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you want to know when the rapture will occur?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Originally posted by ConspiracyNutjob

Yes, I am guilty of skimming your post. I do apologise.

I take it that you are unfamiliar with Christ's teachings? At a guess you have probably never even skimmed the bible?

I am making some assumptions here so please forgive me if I am wrong.

Filthy desert nomads? Resorting to name calling is the lowest form of wit along with the use of sarcasm. I am going to take a guess that you are trolling by using this type of statement. If you would like to have a more civilised conversation then I am willing to continue.

You are wrong in such assumptions. I'm fairly familiar with The Bible, the Koran, The Tanakh, the Apocrypha, as well as The Upanishads and Mahaburata of Hinduism, Norse Mythology, Greek/Roman mythology, Egyptian mythology, Buddhism, Native American and other tribal First peoples/Aboriginal cultures and many more mythologies, some dead, some still in practice.
In the case of the bible, I've probably read it cover to cover in different versions at least 4 times. There's no significance to this as I've done the same with a number of cultural literatures describing their mythologies and only so out of abstract interest.

In the Apocrypha, for instance, your Jesus tames dragons. He also had a gang where spitefully killed a kid and then brought him back to life (according the stories).
It's all fun stuff and fascinating, but, no one mythology is more right or true than any other.

edit on 30-11-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

Okay my assumption was wrong but at least you recognise that you have read the bible only from an abstract point of view. You have never tried to validate or disprove any information contained within, you just assume it is mythological. After all, how could filthy nomads ever encounter God? Not much prejudice there.

The apocrypha is not recognised as scripture.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNutjob

Okay my assumption was wrong but at least you recognise that you have read the bible only from an abstract point of view. You have never tried to validate or disprove any information contained within, you just assume it is mythological. After all, how could filthy nomads ever encounter God? Not much prejudice there.

The apocrypha is not recognised as scripture.

How could anyone, anywhere, at any time encounter any deity?
Did you miss the part about Billions of people being born, living, and dying long long before the invention of Christianity?

If the Christian god is so pungent, virile, omnipotent, whatever, then what's with the primancy of geographic locality in restricting the faith (in the beginnings) to incestuous genocidal desert nomads?
There were certainly other people all over the planet. Were none of them just as special, or why were they not special if as is written and claimed all people were created by one god?
What's with the preferential treatment?

Why not pick up with the peaceful people in the Indus region that have a kinky fascination with blue super beings that got too many arms?

Why not appear as a celestial dragon in human form to the peoples in far East Asia?

Why not appear to and address all people in all cultures, all over the planet if indeed all people were indeed created by this one supposed god? The preferential treatment and exclusivity bespeaks of limitation.

Were any of these other gods, goddesses, spirits and such any less capable of fulfilling the spiritual guidance for an entire culture? There's many gods that have been, or were around long long long before the god of Abraham.

Thing is, it's just another invented local, primacy culture, exclusivity faith that for whatever reason gained popularity, following and fanaticism beyond its immediate locality and origins as a token of desert nomads.

I still ask; Were the Aztec gods any more or less important than this god of Abraham?
No.
Was the Great White Buffalo, or the Thunderbird any less important?
No.
Was Krishna any less important?
No.

None of the trappings, dictates, dogmas, philosophies, or beliefs of any other are held as accepted scripture in the Christian faith either, but, that's what I'm talking about regarding this exclusivity.
The Jews, Christians, Muslims; each absolutely HAVE TO consider themselves the ONE AND ONLY true faith.

It's ridiculous. All three originate from the same source, and all three are by no means hold any precedence as coming close to being able to lay came as the oldest religion.

Do you see the problem with creation stories and age of religions?
If the whole Adam and Eve thing was true, then, why is it that this mythology doesn't pop up at the very very very beginning of human origins?
How is it that Hindus have been practicing Hinduism longer, much much much longer by thousands of years before these judeo-christian creation myths ever pop up?

Don't you think the oldest religions on the planet might have a more proper chain of custody on accounts regarding the origins of mankind?

You don't see this?
All in all, it's mythology. You make a sneer about prejudice when, if anything, I could really care less except where I've a keen dislike for the big 3 what for all the troubles they've caused due all three having an exclusivity complex.
I have zero emotional horse in this race. Nothing you say is going to hurt my feelings or assault my utter lack of faith in any religion or my detached yet humored viewpoint at the over inflated self serving self importance each faith attaches to itself.

Your Judaism, You Christianity, Your Islam are just as real/fictitious/valid/invalid to me as perhaps you think of Norse mythology, Greek mythology, Egyptian mythology. Judeo-Christo-Islamic mythology is all it is and several thousand years from now, if the faith is even in historical memory, that's exactly how it will be referred to in historical context; Myth - just another among all the other many myths that once upon a time people lived and died by as a true belief.

Try taking a truly deep historical perspective.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

How could anyone, anywhere, at any time encounter any deity?
Did you miss the part about Billions of people being born, living, and dying long long before the invention of Christianity?

If the Christian god is so pungent, virile, omnipotent, whatever, then what's with the primancy of geographic locality in restricting the faith (in the beginnings) to incestuous genocidal desert nomads?
There were certainly other people all over the planet. Were none of them just as special, or why were they not special if as is written and claimed all people were created by one god?
What's with the preferential treatment?

Why not pick up with the peaceful people in the Indus region that have a kinky fascination with blue super beings that got too many arms?

Why not appear as a celestial dragon in human form to the peoples in far East Asia?

Why not appear to and address all people in all cultures, all over the planet if indeed all people were indeed created by this one supposed god? The preferential treatment and exclusivity bespeaks of limitation.

Were any of these other gods, goddesses, spirits and such any less capable of fulfilling the spiritual guidance for an entire culture? There's many gods that have been, or were around long long long before the god of Abraham.

Thing is, it's just another invented local, primacy culture, exclusivity faith that for whatever reason gained popularity, following and fanaticism beyond its immediate locality and origins as a token of desert nomads.

I still ask; Were the Aztec gods any more or less important than this god of Abraham?
No.
Was the Great White Buffalo, or the Thunderbird any less important?
No.
Was Krishna any less important?
No.

None of the trappings, dictates, dogmas, philosophies, or beliefs of any other are held as accepted scripture in the Christian faith either, but, that's what I'm talking about regarding this exclusivity.
The Jews, Christians, Muslims; each absolutely HAVE TO consider themselves the ONE AND ONLY true faith.

It's ridiculous. All three originate from the same source, and all three are by no means hold any precedence as coming close to being able to lay came as the oldest religion.

Do you see the problem with creation stories and age of religions?
If the whole Adam and Eve thing was true, then, why is it that this mythology doesn't pop up at the very very very beginning of human origins?
How is it that Hindus have been practicing Hinduism longer, much much much longer by thousands of years before these judeo-christian creation myths ever pop up?

Don't you think the oldest religions on the planet might have a more proper chain of custody on accounts regarding the origins of mankind?

You don't see this?
All in all, it's mythology. You make a sneer about prejudice when, if anything, I could really care less except where I've a keen dislike for the big 3 what for all the troubles they've caused due all three having an exclusivity complex.
I have zero emotional horse in this race. Nothing you say is going to hurt my feelings or assault my utter lack of faith in any religion or my detached yet humored viewpoint at the over inflated self serving self importance each faith attaches to itself.

Your Judaism, You Christianity, Your Islam are just as real/fictitious/valid/invalid to me as perhaps you think of Norse mythology, Greek mythology, Egyptian mythology. Judeo-Christo-Islamic mythology is all it is and several thousand years from now, if the faith is even in historical memory, that's exactly how it will be referred to in historical context; Myth - just another among all the other many myths that once upon a time people lived and died by as a true belief.

Try taking a truly deep historical perspective.

To answer your questions regarding other gods: They would actually need to be God/God's to have any relevance other than that which they have inside their respective cultures.

Jesus claimed to be God in the flesh on earth and I believe him. From my perspective this is how I perceive reality. I accept Jesus at his word due to the extraordinary number of witnesses during his ministry and after his resurrection. He fulfilled many old testament prophecies and the authenticity of the age of these documents was verified when the dead sea scrolls were found in 1947.

contenderministries.org...

I could share about my own personal experiences but that would do nothing for you. Likewise I could recommend listening to the testimonies of others but that would also do nothing.

Faith comes from hearing the word of God, but for you the following is true:

so that, "'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!'"

<< 1  2  3   >>

join