It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Miss My Dad

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoiceOfTheVoiceless90
reply to post by leo123

Your Avatar is so.....CUTE!! What video is that?

I know, I love that avatar!!!!!!!! Reminds me of a cat I had years ago.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Dearest Night Star (aka Elven Friend)
What a beautiful tribute to your Dad, that post. Also to your Mom and to your family as a whole. The way you band together, and lift each other's spirits.

It often is those little things that touch us deeply and give us strength, isn't it? The mother sees the love in the daughter's beautiful floral creation, and knows that money could not buy a finer one. Her purpose is not turned towards validating the daughter, but her request does just that. The daughter is honored by this reverent task, to pay homage to the Little-Sailer-Suit-Boy-turned-Dad. Whoever took that picture of him so long ago couldn't possibly know what it means to you now. Always the little things... like the press of a shutter button so many years ago.

God Bless...

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

Dearest Night Star (aka Elven Friend)
What a beautiful tribute to your Dad, that post. Also to your Mom and to your family as a whole. The way you band together, and lift each other's spirits.

It often is those little things that touch us deeply and give us strength, isn't it? The mother sees the love in the daughter's beautiful floral creation, and knows that money could not buy a finer one. Her purpose is not turned towards validating the daughter, but her request does just that. The daughter is honored by this reverent task, to pay homage to the Little-Sailer-Suit-Boy-turned-Dad. Whoever took that picture of him so long ago couldn't possibly know what it means to you now. Always the little things... like the press of a shutter button so many years ago.

God Bless...

Wow, that made me cry. "Little sailer suit boy turned Dad'...I like that. Yes it is indeed the little things that touch us deeply and give us strength. Thank you so much beautiful fairy friend! Hugs!

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

I just found your thread and a little pang fluttered through my heart. I lost my dad too last year and can relate to all your sentiments. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't miss him and wonder

Life really is about those you love and love you back. That is what constitutes 'home' and so when we lose the ones we love we feel like we no longer belong anywhere in this world. There is a reason why they say love makes the world go round.

From one sister to another in having lost our beloved dad's whom we love and adored and will continue to forevermore. It's coming close to that time of year again and I have to fight off the sadness. Just remember that you are highly blessed to have a mother, siblings, your own family, children and people that remain your loving support system in this tumultuous and ever changing world that lends little peace or security.

It can be a very heartless and lonely world so for those of you who have people to love, care and nurture that love like a gardener tends to her garden because sometimes our ego's do the reverse and we hurt those we love the most even though that is the thing we want to do the least.

Our dads live inside our hearts and all the love they had for us remains there. We know nothing can replace them and there was and could only ever be one of them. Finding a way through missing them won't fill that void that was created upon their departure but their love continues to give us strength even though sometimes we don't or can't feel it.

edit on 14-11-2013 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Your post brought tears to my eyes Night. I am sorry for your loss. Regardless of how long ago it was, there are times (like Christmas for you) where the hurt feels almost as raw as it did in those first few days. The love your Dad had for Christmas I am sure, gives you strength to get through it and know that in some small way he is there with you all.

My dad had a stroke a few months ago then had another heart attack about 1 month ago. They had to life flight him to another hospital where they told him that there is nothing more they can do for him, but send him home and manage his symptoms. I go to bed every night and wake up every morning waiting for that call. And I have been really thinking about how this Christmas will be. Will he be here or will this be our first Christmas without him? Nobody knows.

I do not want to take over your thread.... but wanted to share. Holidays are a hard time anyway and I can not imagine yet what it feels like to celebrate one without both of my parents.

I am sure your dad is very proud of you and will love what you make him. I will keep you in my thoughts this season.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join