It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yeah, sure, I'd like a girlfriend. Just like i'd like a Lamborghini.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by RobertF

I am 100% me ;P

Originally posted by randomtangentsrme
It took me almost 30 years to find the "woman of my dreams." But it can happen. Do you have female friends? With my relationship blunders and lack of dating for a while, I would ask my lady friends for advice.
Good luck sir

Yeah, I have female friends and do that a lot. But they don't admit to the obvious facts about women

reply to post by calstorm

I put it up because it shows me doing something I love

reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

I like to have sex, to be honest.

Originally posted by eletheia
reply to post by phroziac

The first thing i would suggest to you is "you are looking in the WRONG place!" IFyou are

serious about finding a real genuine woman for a relationship and 'good' company

Move away from your computer for a while and get out into the 'real' world and meet some

'flesh and blood' women. NOT the posed pouting photo shopped images on dating sites

There is a reason they are on dating sites....What you see is what you get, there is nothing

deeper, and they are cutting through the whole pre internet process of getting to 'know'

someone to what they really want to know....usually what is he worth

What? The dating websites aren't a serious way to find a date. It's just something I do when i'm on the road or when its too early/too late to go out or on days like Mondays when girls typically are in. I go out all the time and keep my eyes open and flirt a little.

By the way, I live in a beach town. There's basically nothing here in the winter to do.. All the girls may have gone south for the winter.

edit on 24-11-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-11-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

Jeez I must be the luckiest man in the world. I have wife whom I love and guess what ? For my birthday she got me a track day in a Lambo.

Just gotta let your soul lead you buddy

hell yeah, whats something like that cost?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by FeelingPure
as my friend always told me, if you want a 5/5 girl you need to be a 5/5 & if you want a 10/10 girl you need to be a 10/10 guy unless you have stinky money.
Someone needs to school your friend, because that's not a rule.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I once read that the following words were said by either Robert Redford or Paul Newman

can't remember which one but it hit the nail on the head for me

"I have no interest in 'loveless sex' or indeed 'sexless love'.....

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

nice thread! im with you on this also. beautiful women always have the jerkoffs!!!

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Oh man... I've got to try putting up a picture of me standing next to something really expensive on my dating profile. It sounds like you've gotten farther than I have... for a while, I was getting a lot of first dates, but never a second date.

Oh... nice advice to go looking for a woman in real life.
edit on 24-11-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack

Originally posted by FeelingPure
as my friend always told me, if you want a 5/5 girl you need to be a 5/5 & if you want a 10/10 girl you need to be a 10/10 guy unless you have stinky money.
Someone needs to school your friend, because that's not a rule.

Hmm... I was just thinking about that, but I suppose all rules can be broken, right poloblack?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac

Originally posted by Night Star
If a woman says she'll sleep with you early on in a relationship, what does that tell you about her? Better to take your time to really get to know someone if you want a serious relationship. Be yourself. You wouldn't want to be with someone who feels they need you to change. You want someone who loves you for who you are. Don't give up. She is out there somewhere, the right lady.

See what i said before about this "taking it slow" thing.

I really like Night Star's advice -

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

The likelihood of me having a girlfriend and a Lamborghini are about the same. Give me one reason to deal with the BS women put up with.

Im on a dating site, right? I put this picture, the one to the left, on my profile there. Well, whattaya know? Now all the women want me. Yeah, cause they think I own a Cessna, therefore they think im rich. What a bunch of superficial jerks.

I finally had that second date I posted about 5 months ago. Just today, yep. I basically only talked to that girl anymore because I couldn't get her to stop calling me. She's basically stood me up every weekend since then. I never took her seriously after the 3rd time or so, but she appealed to my hormonal side the other day, talking about what she wanted to do to me, if you know what I mean. Stupid me thinking with the wrong brain actually went to her house today. Nothing happened. Of course, she told me that when I got 3/4 of the way to her house.

I bitched her out via text when I left. So now im the bad guy because I only went there because I thought I was getting laid? Right.

But she previously had a roommate she slept with and slept with that way. And that's ok. But I guess i'm not good enough, huh?

How come women always wanna take it slow with YOU, the "nice guy", but always end up cheating on the nice guy with some jerk. They always whine and moan about these jerks and wonder where the nice guys are, but the thing is, they've destroyed the nice guys because we've all become jerks because that's what they want. Oh, and they always sleep with these jerks, usually on first dates. But they wanna take it slow with you, right? And I'm the bad guy because I want to get laid, after you went and wound me up telling me about how much you want to sleep with me, right?

Of course, there's lots more to my hatred of women than this, but im drunk and the bartender wasn't listening to me.

I have as much use for a girlfriend as I have for a Lamborghini. Sure, I'd like one, but I'll never have one. EVER.

If I ever date again, PUNCH ME AS HARD AS YOU CAN. Punch me so hard you break your hand in half!

Forever alone, like a BOSS..

Exactly! I feel the exact same way. I've been trying for many years now (to get a girlfriend, settle down) and I am starting to give up, really (I'm 26 right now). So just know you're not alone in this, and let's hope we can get anything good out of it in the end, eh?

Good luck man. o/

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

3 words: confidence - authenticity - patience

If you have problems with your confidence, focus on being authentic. Doing only that will project confidence.

A good woman will notice instantly. Turn the tables around and you will see what I mean.

Patience will take care of the rest.

Good luck!

Soulwaxer

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Advice from a woman:

It has zero to do with looks or money, it's about how you make someone feel from a mental and physical standpoint.

Woman want to hear about your redeeming qualities, they want to laugh and be nurtured.

Also, go to Macy's or a good department store and ask a female clerk to help you pick out an outfit. Single guys rarely know how to dress and this DOES matter on first dates! Go to a beauty salon and ask the stylist to cut your hair in a cool style for guys your age. If you as a guy like the way a woman dresses or looks, why on earth wouldn't a female?

What did you write on your dating site bio? Let's start there and help you word it correctly. I GUARANTEE by the time I write it, you will have a ton of females (who are not superficial) writing you back!

It's about connecting with your emotional side. There are questions on those sites, such as "what would you do on a first date"?

Here's something to write:

We would do something together (this is California, so tailor to fit where you live) but let's say we boogie board or dirt bike or some type of fun activity. We would have a blast and probably laugh a lot. I really enjoy making people laugh and feel comfortable. Afterwards, we would go to a restaurant and have a great dinner and some drinks, then walk on the beach with a blanket and make a fire. We would sit by the fire and get to know each other. I'd want to know everything about you. We would hold each other and kiss. It would feel surreal to both of us. I hope to find that someone special that I can settle down with. I'd like to get married one day and have kids. Finding someone who would be a great wife and future mother to my kids is important to me. I would make a great husband, provider and friend to that person and an excellent, active-engaged father to future kids. Let's get to know each other and see if we can do life together!

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Let's imagine for a moment that the concept of a couple never existed.

How would you then approach a woman?

What would be the motivating factor?

Of course, it's going to be for sex.

Women don't care about getting you off.

They care about how THEY are treated.

Yes, women can be very selfish in that sense.

Suppose I were gay, I wouldn't let any man near my ass unless there was some massive benefit in doing so.

Women don't have sex for the same reasons we men do.

Sigh

Things used to be veeeeeeery different not too long ago.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

The likelihood of me having a girlfriend and a Lamborghini are about the same. Give me one reason to deal with the BS women put up with.

Im on a dating site, right? I put this picture, the one to the left, on my profile there. Well, whattaya know? Now all the women want me. Yeah, cause they think I own a Cessna, therefore they think im rich. What a bunch of superficial jerks.

So you post a picture without explanation and get mad when someone thinks you own a plane? Sorry YOUR fault. Dating sites aren't bad, it's which ones you join. Join a PAID site not the free ones. Also on dating sites like okcupid the more questions you answer the more people you are paired with that are most like you. If you get all pissy because people message you that you dont' like then DONT BE ON A DATING SITE! I was on one twice and got alllll kinds of weirdos yet you don't see me grouping all men into the same category.

I finally had that second date I posted about 5 months ago. Just today, yep. I basically only talked to that girl anymore because I couldn't get her to stop calling me. She's basically stood me up every weekend since then. I never took her seriously after the 3rd time or so, but she appealed to my hormonal side the other day, talking about what she wanted to do to me, if you know what I mean. Stupid me thinking with the wrong brain actually went to her house today. Nothing happened. Of course, she told me that when I got 3/4 of the way to her house.

Your fault for falling for it not hers. You sound a bit desperate if you let your man parts think for you and you aren't ready for a REAL relationship.

I bitched her out via text when I left. So now im the bad guy because I only went there because I thought I was getting laid? Right.

Yup, you said it. Why even bother if you weren't interested months ago??! It's your fault nobody elses!

But she previously had a roommate she slept with and slept with that way. And that's ok. But I guess i'm not good enough, huh?

Sounds like you have issues and aren't mature enough to deal with a relationship. NEVER EVER compare one relationship to another even if it's friends with benefits thing. You and her roommate are two different people, her "relationship" with that person is irrelevant to you.

How come women always wanna take it slow with YOU, the "nice guy", but always end up cheating on the nice guy with some jerk. They always whine and moan about these jerks and wonder where the nice guys are, but the thing is, they've destroyed the nice guys because we've all become jerks because that's what they want. Oh, and they always sleep with these jerks, usually on first dates. But they wanna take it slow with you, right? And I'm the bad guy because I want to get laid, after you went and wound me up telling me about how much you want to sleep with me, right?

Again you need to mature before you can handle a relationship!!! I get so sick of guys like you on here bashing women because you can't get laid or get a date. Did you EVER think it's YOU and your methods or what type of girl you go for?

Of course, there's lots more to my hatred of women than this, but im drunk and the bartender wasn't listening to me.

Hatred of women? And you want to date and have some girl take you seriously?!?! You HATE women, why would any woman want to be with a man who hates women? Yea bartenders DONT give a crap about your women problems.

I have as much use for a girlfriend as I have for a Lamborghini. Sure, I'd like one, but I'll never have one. EVER.

Not with your attitude towards women you wont and for women that is a good thing. I wouldn't want my friends or any woman I know to date you with that kind of attitude.

If I ever date again, PUNCH ME AS HARD AS YOU CAN. Punch me so hard you break your hand in half!

Forever alone, like a BOSS..

Wow.....again you need to grow up before you can have a relationship. Bitter and jaded don't mix in a relationship.

Why do so many men come on here and women bash?!?! It's pretty sad actually. It shows how weak you are. I've had some doosey's with men yet I dont complain and say ALL men are the same that would be the most childish thing to say. Why not grow up and look at yourself before you blame all women because you can't get laid or a date?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by curiouswa
Advice from a woman:

It has zero to do with looks or money, it's about how you make someone feel from a mental and physical standpoint.

^ ^ ^

I've never had a problem finding a beautiful woman.

1. Forget posing, be yourself. I am me, I don't care who anyone else is or isn't. I'm me and wouldn't want to be any one else. It's ok to be nervous, just focus on sharing who you are inside. Better yet focus on the woman and find out who she is inside.

2. Don't try to hide who you are good or bad. I am completely honest and upfront from beginning about my good and bad qualities. Contrary to all the "lie to women" sites women really want to know who you are good and bad, if you are honest up front they won't be leaving you later.

3. Quality women are looking for quality long term relationships. I only go into relationships looking for long term/marriage relationships. I am not looking for sex, I am looking for love. Look for the right things and you will find them. You get what you look for. Your subconscious desires are what will manifest in the woman you date, and vice versa.

You will be amazed at how many women will be attracted to these simple qualities.

BTW, it's easy to change your phone number, if somewhat of a hassle. You are in a situation of your own making and you can change the situation if you desire to. The woman sounds borderline which = "I love you, I hate you, don't leave me..." look up borderline personality disorder.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Hmmm....after reading through this thread, the first thing I thought of is, all the men want the cute girls. There are so many women out there, who are loving, caring, and lonely, but they're not classically cute.

You want to know why that girl who's been bothering you is playing with your mind? Because you, and other guys like you, let her get away with it. Because, as you say, she was cute, and all you could do was stare at her body. Not like a boss, like a sucker.

Pretty girls learn early on that they can get away with whatever games they want to play, because men will allow it. They never had to develop their minds, or their personality, so they're just empty-headed bimbos who make men miserable. It is the rare woman who is beautiful inside as well as outside.

The same can be said for handsome, good looking guys. I've dated some gorgeous men, and I have to say, they were the worst boyfriends. Vain and stupid. You can only spend so much time between the sheets with these preening fools, and then it starts to wear mighty thin.

You are victim to our current social constructs, which states that success with females equals dating somebody pretty. No wonder so many men are angry and feel cheated in lfe! This isn't the movies, you know. Just because somebody like Seth Rogan gets the good-looking female lead, doesn't mean that it pans out in real life.

Pretty people tend to want to be with pretty people. It's a vanity thing, for sure. My youngest daughter is really very pretty. I worked very hard to get her to develop her mind and her personality, so she wouldn't be a vapid, annoying little heart-breaker. Although her personality and intellect are a bit more developed than your normal cutie-pie, she still broke a lot of hearts, and these were, I thought, really nice guys with good jobs and good hearts. She wanted her Valentino, which she now has, and I have to hear about her irritation with him all the time on the phone, because he is selfish. *Sigh*.

What is my long, belabored point? If I were you, I would re-write my profile on that dating site, saying that you are looking for that one special lady whom you can be best friends with, as well as lovers, and LOOKS ARE NOT IMPORTANT. In other words, cast a really wide net. You may catch some fish that you will throw back, but at least you're hauling 'em in, and not sitting there, lonely and angry, while some twit teases you and breaks dates on a whim.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by curiouswa

I love you (figuratively speaking). www.okcupid.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

How come women always wanna take it slow with YOU, the "nice guy",

Women love jerks, get your jerk on. Hahah, get it?

But seriously, a lil bit of cockiness goes a long way, haha get it? D'oh I did it again.

I serious.

BOSS HAWG ON THEM.

Get your cuddle fix and find another one, until you find one you can put up with.

So let's review, confidence + some humor = ladykiller

If you can make a girl giggle, you can probably make her jiggle.
edit on 24-11-2012 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Honestly, the girl wasn't pretty in the socially acceptable way. I just think she's cute...which is most women to me. And I don't particularly care about looks, but...you know. I don't go anywhere near "hot" girls. I genuinely liked that girl at one point. But when a girl says, hey, lets get drunk and watch a few movies and (you know)...am I really supposed to say no? Most frigid woman I've ever met in my whole life infact.

But...I hear ya...

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Good points. Funny that you think she has borderline personality disorder. My armchair psychiatrist self has been thinking that for a while.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join