It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Skies - 2013 ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I liked the original Dark Skies series because while it was entertaining it still tried to keep somewhat in check with the realities of the UFO phenomenon, unlike other alien related shows that were just plain stupid (for lack of a more polite word).

But Dark Skies seems to be rebooted for the big screen in a way where only the name remains... the rest seems just typical fear mongering.

www.imdb.com...

It doesn't seem to have any relation to Bryce Zabel, the original creator for Dark Skies or anything that happened in the TV series.

PS: Bryce and Richard Dolan's book "A.D." makes for a highly interesting read:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353688113&sr=8-1&keywords=bryce+zabel+disclosure

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
You're right, it's not related to the tv series which means that you have incorrectly labelled it a "reboot." Dark Skies is just a phrase it would be stupid to give somebody a trademark on.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This movie has no relation to Zabel's "Dark Skies" show. In fact it's from the producers of Paranormal Activity"...
Zabel did talk recently about a possible Dark Skies movie in a Paracast interview from the 2012 International UFO Congress..
www.theparacast.com...

RE: Dark Skies 2013, the story lines in similar to "Taken"...

"...from the producers of 'Paranormal Activity', 'Insidious' and 'Sinister' comes 'Dark Skies', a sci fi thriller that follows a young family living in the suburbs. As husband and wife 'Daniel' and 'Lacey Barret' witness an escalating series of disturbing events involving their family, their safe and peaceful home quickly unravels. "When it becomes clear that the Barret family is being targeted by an unimaginably terrifying and deadly alien force, Daniel and Lacey take matters in their own hands to solve the mystery of what is after their family."

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy
You're right, it's not related to the tv series which means that you have incorrectly labelled it a "reboot." Dark Skies is just a phrase it would be stupid to give somebody a trademark on.

Yes, you are correct - it does not seem to be a reboot - my mistake in wording my OP.

What I wanted to imply is that it OBVIOUSLY wants to draw some attention from the fans of the original. Otherwise why use the title of an alien related TV series to make an alien related big screen Movie.

Titles can obviously be reused but it's usually either a reboot, sequel, prequel or a totally different subject. Otherwise I'll be waiting with anxiety for Gilligan's Island, the movie, a brooding drama about a genius named Gilligan stranded on an Island and dealing with emotional issues (no relation of course to the TV show).
Either that, or "Jaws" the TV series about a friendly shark that likes to play with people.

I doubt the movie's creators did not take into consideration the 'milking' factor when choosing the same name for their project.
edit on 23-11-2012 by firefly9000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toxicsurf
This movie has no relation to Zabel's "Dark Skies" show. In fact it's from the producers of Paranormal Activity"...
Zabel did talk recently about a possible Dark Skies movie in a Paracast interview from the 2012 International UFO Congress..
www.theparacast.com...

Bryce is such a great speaker on the subject - even though he comes from the entertainment area. It's always a pleasure listening to him.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
By the way, Dark Skies the series is on YouTube in its entirety.
So is Taken.
So is Seven Days.
So is Roswell (the series and also a TV movie centered on Jessie Marcel named Roswell).
So are several related movies like Flight of the Navigator.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Ahh Dark Skies felt like i was the only one who was watching this show (most of my friends thought it was naff) loosely based on Majestic 12... R.I.P J.T Walsh

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Dark Skies the TV series was awesome, using historical events and blending them into Alien themes was brilliant at the time.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by firefly9000
I liked the original Dark Skies series because while it was entertaining it still tried to keep somewhat in check with the realities of the UFO phenomenon, unlike other alien related shows that were just plain stupid (for lack of a more polite word).

But Dark Skies seems to be rebooted for the big screen in a way where only the name remains... the rest seems just typical fear mongering.

www.imdb.com...

It doesn't seem to have any relation to Bryce Zabel, the original creator for Dark Skies or anything that happened in the TV series.

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353688113&sr=8-1&keywords=bryce+zabel+disclosure

First of all, this should be in the movie section. Misleading title for anyone unfamiliar with the Dark Skies series. Secondly, it's nice to see them plan movies for after December 21st 2012 when the world is supposed to end

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by anomalie
Ahh Dark Skies felt like i was the only one who was watching this show (most of my friends thought it was naff) loosely based on Majestic 12... R.I.P J.T Walsh

Originally posted by mazzroth
Dark Skies the TV series was awesome, using historical events and blending them into Alien themes was brilliant at the time.

There were lots of people watching and yes, J.T. Walsh was one of my favorites also

I think the TV show was WAY ahead of its time.
edit on 23-11-2012 by firefly9000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by firefly9000

snip

snip

Where do you get that "Dark Skies tried to keep somewhat in check with the realities of the UFO phenomenon, unlike other alien related shows that were just plain stupid (for lack of a more polite word)." It did nothing of the sort and itself was "just plain stupid".

The "realities of the UFO phenomenon" are that we have mysterious aerial objects of all sizes and shapes being seen in the skies of the planet. No one knows anything about them, what they are, where they come from, are they craft with beings inside them or are they ROVs. No one can ask questions 'cause no one has any answers least of all world governments and specifically the U.S. gov't. There's all kinds of conspiracies, there's all kinds of "experts", there are all kinds of fools. As with religion there's a belief system that every believer ascribes to but it is defeated by a complete lack of evidence. Those are the realities of the UFO phenomenon. Everything else, such as "Dark Skies" are the result

"History as we know it is a lie"? No, the bs'ers are the liars. History is just fine. Conspiracists are in the minority and whatever they're conspiring about is a worthless endeavor. Thousands of government documents associated with UFOs have been released and not a single one has been proven to contain anything other than reports we're all familiar with and the blacked out areas are sensitive in that they may name names that should not be known and ways of gathering information that have to remain secret.

Aliens amongst humans, Majestic 12, JFK and aliens.

The series was cancelled before the end of the first season, due to low ratings as in no public interest.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by firefly9000

Dont worry about The Shrike he loves to have a moan about everything it seems

Im gonna download and watch it again thanks for bringing it to my attention S&F

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by anomalie
reply to post by firefly9000

Dont worry about The Shrike he loves to have a moan about everything it seems

Im gonna download and watch it again thanks for bringing it to my attention S&F

LOL - no worries. While I understand anybody that comes from the skeptic point of view as I was once one myself, I don't bother with arguments once I see someone tests "positive" for trolling

Enjoy, they are truly fun to watch.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I hardly ever go the the movies anymore. Last one I saw was Savages, but I'll probably have to go see this one. Even though it does look like a lot of "fear mongering", as someone else said, that's just Hollywood for you, and it looks like it have some interesting views about what's going on with some of us. Probably everyone who's made posts in any "The street lights gp out when I walk by theem!!!!!!!!" threads will have to go see it. That caught my eye anyway. They probably noticed how many people talk about having that experience (not just here, but in general), and said to themselves, "you know that one shot we have where the street light goes out? That's going in the trailer!". Anyway, if it's a movie about the paranormal, alienz in particular, there's a 40 percent chance I'll see it in theaters, 60 percent chance I'll rent it on ROD, but an 80 percent chance I'll see it somehow, at some point.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Saw the trailer a few weeks ago at the movies. Have to say, it looks pretty awesome. I will definitely check it out.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Hard to have high hopes for it.... Nearly every alien movie that has come out in the past few years has sucked for some reason...some are even unwatchable (Battle of LA...still couldn't make it through that garbage).... But, I know I'll see it when it quickly goes to cable or on demand.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I saw it. I thought it was awesome. I think you guys will like it. Very rarely do they make good alien movies, let alone alien abduction movies. This ones seems like it was made especially for us.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Today i watch Fast & Furious 6

Hobbs has Dom and Brian reassemble their crew in order to take down a mastermind who commands an organization of mercenary drivers across 12 countries. Payment? Full pardons for them all.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I saw the movie, was pretty interesting and a twist for the end!!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Dark Skies is an American science fiction horror film. It is written and directed by Scott Stewart and produced by Jason Blum.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join