It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12/21/12 End-of-world PARTY! Friend and I are planning a TEOTWAWKI party - need input to m

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
OK, so supposedly, one interpretation of the Mayan's calendars seem to indicate the world (or one dimension of it) will end on 12/21/12. While my friend and I are rather skeptical that anything out of ordinary events will happen on that day, of course there's that 'lil bit of "what if" that is prodding me to do something FUN that day. If the world ends, we go out enjoying good food, friends, laughs & music, dancing, etc. If no world-ending calamity happens, then hey - we had a great party to launch us into the "new age" of ___? Keep in mind this is just a party - we will not be telling people to spend their January rent money, give away all their possessions and we certainly won't be waiting for "The Mother Ship" LOL!!! But seriously though - Do you ATS friends have some ideas about how to do this? Where, how many people? What to use for decor? Games? I will consider all suggestions whether you think they're stupid or not, so just spit 'em out there and get a brain storm going! NOTE: It will be a clean and sober-fun event, due to the most partygoers are in AA/Recovery.
edit on 11/22/12 by Rockerchic4God because: Added note this event being alcohol and drug free. Anyone welcome to come if you're near Red Bluff, California.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Ice luge!

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Watch the movie project x

I'm sure tou might find some ideas you might like....
edit on 22-11-2012 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
Ice luge!

Cool concept, but hell no! All those nasty germs, from people that you don't know....can you say flu and hepatitis breeding ground.

Oh wait it's the end of the world, never mind Cary on.
edit on 22-11-2012 by RobertF because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockerchic4God
Do you ATS friends have some ideas about how to do this? Where, how many people? What to use for decor? Games? I will consider all suggestions whether you think they're stupid or not, so just spit 'em out there and get a brain storm going!

Everybody loves dip and chips. You can never go wrong, no matter what the occasion is.

I would imagine quite a lot of people want to be less than sober so the end of the world won't be quite so painful. Just concentrate on a lot of booze. Nothing else will matter!

You might hand out gift bags with next day hangover relief in it. Say,12/22/12 Beginning of the new world novelties.

edit on 22-11-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockerchic4God

Booze, booze.booze,lots of chilli, the prodigy on the sound system and more booze.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockerchic4God

Have a Mayan/HipHop/Cult mashup party.

- rent a park

- everyone wear baggy sweats with white sneakers (this is cult and hiphop)

- play the Mayan Mesoamerican ballgame with a basketball and a mayan looking stone hoop. (mayan and hiphop)

- play songs like "The 5th Dimension - Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In (The Flesh Failures)", "REM - It's The End Of The World" and if you can find any, get end of world songs that have hiphop/rap beats. (mayan and hiphop)

- have cardboard props set up to look like Mayan hieroglyphics but theyre colored in graffiti style (mayan and hiphop)

- get a Jim Jones(the rapper) card board cutout and have him standing next to a big barrel of kooliad rapping a line about drinking the koolaid (cult and hiphop)

- you can think of other stuff to go with it.

edit on 11/22/2012 by Bleeeeep because: changed occult to cult and denoted what each thing was with parentheses

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
go as jesus,straped with c4
thats all

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Rent one of those mechanical bull rides and dress it up to look like an asteroid or Niburu.

Get a bunch of large foam balls and play planet X dodge ball.

Have a couple of people dress up as aliens and carry around clearly labeled anal probes.

Make up new TEOTWAWKI themed names for some cocktails and serve them with short last will forms for coasters.

Pass out mock bottles of SPF 50,000 sun block in case of a solar flare.

If you are handy with tools make up an earthquake platform on a 4X8 sheet of heavy plywood and rig it so it can be shaken. Then put some humps and obstacles on it. The object is to make it down the 8 foot length without falling off. To make it more interesting place Jello pits along both sides of the 4X8 sheet. Really ambitious, make it with two 4X8 sheets for a full 16 foot run. For another level of difficulty split the 4X8 sheet into two 2X8 sheets and make a 2X16 foot quake table. That will almost guarantee a Jello bath for anyone foolhardy enough to try it.

Make up new or modify old party games with TEOTWAWKI themes. One suggestion is a pinata' in the form of planet X filled with day of the dead style party favors.

[COLOR=BLUE]P[/COLOR][COLOR=ORANGE]A[/COLOR][COLOR=RED]R[/COLOR][COLOR=YELLOW]T[/COLOR][COLOR=PINK]Y[/COLOR] [COLOR=PURPLE]H[/COLOR][COLOR=GREEN]A[/COLOR][COLOR=LAVENDER]R[/COLOR][COLOR=BLUE]D[/COLOR]
edit on 22-11-2012 by happykat39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Upbeat music, like Ska! If we're all gonna die you may as well be in a good mood, right?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
if money was not a object, turn your party into a world party...

set up a server where people with the same idea as you could broadcast
their party live. You could decorate the wall's with computer screens
each one dedicated to a different party. you could even set up keyboards
and a mini chat type deal where your guest's could talk to the other partys and
their guest's from around the world.

you could bring the world to your party.

but then again, thats if ya had the cash.

for the decorations, i'd go Mayan' style, use foam and make your own pyramid (mini)
in the middle of the room, ruin's along the wall's. Statue's and such for chairs.
get a star projection system can get cheap ones at kids hobby stores and light the ceiling up
as though you were out looking at the star's...

and naturally for the main screen, find a observatory that is giving live feeds of the
alignment and play that for your guest's to view.

ahhh to have the resources of the wealthy... the things i would do.

but your party depends on budget. So its kind of hard to give suggestions.

top topics

join