It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$2500 fine for public urination thrown out by DA, officer fired

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Looks like the DA had some sense. Glad to hear it, I live not far from Piedmont.

newsok.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I figured that this is how this would end when I first heard about it. Good to see some common sense!

I had a similar thing happen this weekend while out and about with my daughter and girlfriend's 4 year old son.He had to pee and since we were in a parking lot I let him go into the bushes at the front of the car.A cop happened to drive by and stopped,thinking I was peeing in the bush.Once he realized who it was he just said hurry up and went on his way.If the cop in the link had the same common sense,he'd still have his job.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

I peed in a Capt D's parking lot when I was about 18 and got a 100.00 fine

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Finally a judge with some sense. Too bad there arn't more of them.
This is encouraging news.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

So now we're encouraging public urination? This is not only lewd behavior but this is also a major biohazard threat.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

The kid was 3. The one thing that doesn't make sense though is if he was in their yard..why not just take the kid into the house? That's the only thing I don't get.Either way there was no need for a $2500 ticket.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
It is about time that some of this abuse of authority and lack of common sense starts to come home to roost. He wasn't even getting a commission (but probably thought he would get "brownie points" with his superiors). Thank goodness the kid was not playing with a toy gun at the time of the citation.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
In Europe it's common. I went up to what I thought was a phone both but it was an open air public urinal.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SrWingCommander
In Europe it's common. I went up to what I thought was a phone both but it was an open air public urinal.

See, this is one of our problems. We should have public urinals in the US, but, well... we're descended from Puritans. Can't stand the thought of someone answering the call of nature in Nature.

I should say half of us are descended from Puritans. The other half are descended from hillbillies....

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Biohazard? Urine is sterile. Unless you've got some yicky icky going on down there...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
also "contributing to the delinquency of a minor"

Kids should know how to pee outside... it comes in handy now and then

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Get caught doing this over 18, no matter how far away from civilization .. Your required to register on the sex offender list..

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by HooHaa

Depends on what your charged with. In my case, which was quite a few years ago, I was charged with disorderly conduct lol.
Now days, if youre charged with indecent exposure, then yes, that is true.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
So now we're encouraging public urination? This is not only lewd behavior but this is also a major biohazard threat.
I trust you're being sarcastic, because your response is way out of proportion to the whole situation. So was the cop's, in my opinion, but I don't think it's worth his job. Discipline, yes. Firing is too harsh, in my humble opinion. A simple pissing match that made everybody look bad but the kid.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Not exactly a Major biohazard threat, and the child did try to make it to the house but couldn't, cut him some slack he's only three.

Urine Is Sterile (Somewhat)
Urine "is relatively clean," says Goldfarb. "Most people don't have urinary tract infections." This may be the source of the belief that urine makes a good antiseptic — and that urinating on a wound can disinfect it, a practice purportedly going back to the Aztecs. But while urine in the bladder is normally sterile and bacteria-free, as soon as it leaves your body, it can pick up bugs from the urethra and surrounding area. A recent study from Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine found bacteria in urine samples from healthy women who didn't have urinary tract infections. Since there's no medical evidence that pee can disinfect a wound or help it heal, it's better to wash boo-boos with soap and water.

Urine Is Drinkable (if distilled)
Survivalist Bear Grylls, the star of Discovery Channel’s Man vs. Wild, is famous for practicing urotherapy (drinking one’s own urine) on his popular show. Some also believe it’s a good health practice that can help treat cancer, AIDS, and a variety of other conditions. But there’s little evidence to back up these claims. "There is no medical justification for doing this," says Goldfarb, although he notes that he doesn't think it's dangerous. "Your kidneys get rid of lots of waste products. I have a lot of faith in their wisdom — I believe that if it's in the urine, it's supposed to go down the toilet and not back into you." In a survival situation, though, urine can be distilled by using the sun's heat to separate out the water vapors, leaving the salt, potassium, urea, and other components behind.

Urine Works as a Teeth Whitener
We’ll stick with toothpaste, thanks. But back in ancient Rome, physicians recommended rinsing the mouth with urine as a way to get sparkling white teeth. Modern-day experts say they were on the right track — it’s the natural ammonia found in urine that made those ancient pearly whites shine. Pierre Fauchard, the 18th-century French physician known as the father of modern dentistry, also recommended urine rinses to relieve toothache. Today's tooth-whitening products most often contain peroxide to lighten smiles.

Urine Can Soften Your Skin
It's not urine per se, but a synthetic version of urea, a major component of urine, is used in many moisturizers for its skin-softening properties. Urea helps skin retain its natural moisture and can also exfoliate dead skin in higher concentrations. It’s also a common ingredient in athlete’s foot treatments, which may explain why, way back in 1994, Madonna famously told David Letterman that she urinated on her feet in the shower to get rid of athlete’s foot. But according to the web site The Straight Dope, there isn’t enough urea in urine to make a real difference in clearing up the pesky foot fungus.

www.everydayhealth.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
My four year old decieded to pee out in the front yard, when I asked her why she just said, "Had to go and I thought it would be fun to go outside". Kids do the strangest things......

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I pee everywhere and anywhere. Outside my own house many times. Next to my car in parking lots. Behind dumpsters at gas stations that won't let you use the toilet. In water bottles in the car. You have to go you have to go. Pee is also a good fertilizer so peeing in the garden actually does some good.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Let him keep his job....just fine him $2500 for abuse of police powers.

top topics

join