It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Israeli Strategy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I think I understand Natanyahu's strategy now. When Israel attacks Iran's nuclear facilities, they'll be having to worry about simultaneous attacks from Irans Shabab missiles, Hezbollah in the north and Hamas in the south. By getting rid of Hamas' missile capabilities and destroying their government facilities/training centers/bomb factories etc, Israel freed themselves from having to allocate military resources to attending to a southern barrage of missiles from Hamas.

Clever tactic. I don't see Israel entering Gaza for a ground offensive. They've done what they needed to do.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Sounds like a smart idea to me. It also provided a good proving ground for Iron Dome, though it needs expansion. I do think sending in the troops to root out any additional rocket stores would be a good idea though.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

good. you explored it finally. Gaza , Lebanon, Syria, Sudan and Iran ! so then when all of them shut their mouths then others will give in and so Israel (or it's allies) can rule over the middle east and they can rule over the world by that !

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

They're building 3 more at 50 million apiece; it only needs a "few months" time to fully defend Israel's skies.

Link

Although I agree that it performed extremely well. It intercepted 300 + incoming missiles. A 90% success rate.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
I think I understand Natanyahu's strategy now. When Israel attacks Iran's nuclear facilities, they'll be having to worry about simultaneous attacks from Irans Shabab missiles, Hezbollah in the north and Hamas in the south. By getting rid of Hamas' missile capabilities and destroying their government facilities/training centers/bomb factories etc, Israel freed themselves from having to allocate military resources to attending to a southern barrage of missiles from Hamas.

Clever tactic. I don't see Israel entering Gaza for a ground offensive. They've done what they needed to do.

First and foremost, I don't support Hamas or Israeli foreign policy. I support and pray for the people of Israel and the civilians in Gaza to be safe.

That being said, Israel fired first and here's the earliest possible article I can find on the inter-webs.

Sorry to do this on your thread, but I'm tired of news companies lying to me and I'm tired of my own People believing one side of the story without researching the other.

Lima-1, out.
edit on 21-11-2012 by OperationIraqiFailure because: grammar

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Hamas is still a deadly organization. They still can get weapons/missiles. You also have to take under consideration, ALL the Arab states that might turn on Israel, if they decide to strike Iran.

We will see though.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
So Israel is planning to spread the conflict to Iran? And surrounding areas? And destroying supposed military installations in Gaza has provided them a tactical in advantage for the upcoming conflict, am I understanding you correct?

I thought Israel was the victim in all this!?!?

Your threads contradict one another.

Back to your conclusions, I would say it does make sense if Israel had planned all along to continue on the war path, not defending the rear does free up a lot of military resources, to bad it had to crater people in Gaza to do it.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Although I agree that Hamas has likely suffered a considerable blow to their terrorist infrastructure and arsenal, it will only be a matter of time before they are re-armed with hundreds or thousands of long range missiles, courtesy of Iran.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Israel is more likely threatened by terrorist organization Hezbollah and Hamas. Egypt, etc, I'm not worried about them. I feel they will keep out when Israel attacks Iran. Whereas Hezbollah and Hamas are outside the diplomatic conversation, operate from their own rules, serving as proxy for those interests (in the case of Egypt, there's Hamas) who can't enter conflict without incurring condemnation.

After all, Egypt is still required by international law to honor the camp david treaty with Israel.

As for Hamas re-arming. That's a possibility. But since Israel has managed to secure a cease-fire that doesn't include 'loosening' the blockade on Gaza, it will be a good year or so before Hamas manages to rebuild important facilities and rearm themselves. And I imagine Israel will attack Iran before that happens.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

There's no contradiction.

Israel is a victim of Hamas terrorism. Hamas has shot 12,000 rockets at Israel in the last 10 years. Before the recent operation, Hamas had shot over 700 missiles at Israeli towns since the start of 2012.

This recent operation was justified by the continuance of Hamas' terrorism. Israel has been extremely reserved in their responses, given most nations would simply not tolerate this sort of terrorism against their populations.

That doesn't mean there couldn't have been a long-term strategy which simply anticipated a situation that would exist when Israel attacks Iran's nuclear facilities; by disabling Hamas, they've somewhat freed themselves from the additional concern of having to deal with a stronger southern front.

When Israel attacks Iran, Israel knows their biggest problem will come from a fusillade of Shahab 3's from Iran and missile attacks from Hezbollah.

Israel had every right to take out Hamas' missile capabilities.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Indeed, Indeed, that has been my thought all along,

it's basically live War training, how fast can you gather reserves, how accurate is the Iron Domes, how fast can you replenish rockets, in the process taking out missile sites etc from Hamas,
edit on 21-11-2012 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

reply to post by MDDoxs

There's no contradiction.

Israel is a victim of Hamas terrorism. Hamas has shot 12,000 rockets at Israel in the last 10 years. Before the recent operation, Hamas had shot over 700 missiles at Israeli towns since the start of 2012.

This recent operation was justified by the continuance of Hamas' terrorism. Israel has been extremely reserved in their responses, given most nations would simply not tolerate this sort of terrorism against their populations.

That doesn't mean there couldn't have been a long-term strategy which simply anticipated a situation that would exist when Israel attacks Iran's nuclear facilities; by disabling Hamas, they've somewhat freed themselves from the additional concern of having to deal with a stronger southern front.

When Israel attacks Iran, Israel knows their biggest problem will come from a fusillade of Shahab 3's from Iran and missile attacks from Hezbollah.

Israel had every right to take out Hamas' missile capabilities.

I guess my post goes unanswered then.

Israel.....fired.....first.

My proof?! Of course:

Israel fired first
Notice, the first report on the bottom of the live update is dated "Nov. 14th."

That's truth, staring you in the face, dontreally. I would love to hear your rebuttal, sir.

Lima-1, out.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OperationIraqiFailure
I guess my post goes unanswered then.

Israel.....fired.....first.

My proof?! Of course:

Israel fired first
Notice, the first report on the bottom of the live update is dated

"Nov. 14th."

That's truth, staring you in the face, dontreally. I would love to hear your rebuttal, sir.

Lima-1, out.

If you insist, i'm sure you wouldn't mind i'm taking it from here (mind the dates):

Link 1 - Hamas commits war crimes, launching 600 rocket attacks on Israeli civilians: Where's the UN condemnation? (November 6, 2012)
Link 2 - Abbas: No justification for Gaza rocket attacks (November 11, 2012)
Link 3 - Under attack: 100 rockets fired on Israel in last three days (November 12, 2012)
Link 4 - Rocket salvo sparks Israeli warning to Hamas of Gaza offensive (November 13, 2012)

Should I provide more links? Or is it enough for you?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Interesting that people are talking about this strategy now that a cease-fire has been attained. Pertinent parts from a recent CNN article:

But Israel also wanted to deplete a Hamas arsenal it sees as part of Iran's preparations in case of war with Israel.

The latest fighting brings to the forefront one of the pivotal questions posed by the revolutions that swept across the Arab Middle East in the past two years: Where would key Arab and Muslim players stand in case of a confrontation between Iran and the West, particularly if Israel and the Palestinians became one of the epicenters of fighting?

In case of a war with Iran, however, specifically one involving Israel, what would Turkey, a NATO member but withering critic of Israel, do? What could the West expect from Egypt, with its president's Muslim Brotherhood ties? What about Qatar, a strong backer of Hamas but an important U.S. friend in the region?

Link

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The terrorist State of Israel is the real danger here, and there will be blow back from the US support of their terror campaign against Gaza civilians.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
look at this:Israel knew that Hmmas had Fajr 5 which reaches Telaviv even years ago !
www.spacewar.com...
so I consider that Israel strategy is based on an illusion that they have a magical dome ! any dome has it's own holes anyway !! and I can confess that Israel military has done something wrong based on weak predictions !!!

edit on 21-11-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-11-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
So now that Israel has eliminated Hamas central command
Whats next? False flag?
False flag from Mossad, pretending to be Iran?

Either way, there will be no war unless Israel or the US attack Iran.

Think about it, there is NO WAY Iran would take the first shot. It doesn't matter what crazy things come out of the mouth of Iran, its all talk. They're just trying to be hardcore. In reality, they know that they could never survive a war with Israel.
This has to be "manipulated" in some way.
I mean, I could be wrong and Iran could be that insane. But I doubt it.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Israel is just testing and probing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join