It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Picture of Girl Flipping Off Unknown Soldier Tomb Goes Viral

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Too bad liberals don't hold Oboma to the same standard
edit on 21-11-2012 by mrnotobc because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by davcwebb

she exercised her freedom of speech , and with that photo ` nailed her colours to the mast ` - its done - you know what she thinks - now :

GET OVER IT

this may come as a shock - but oceans will not rise , empiers will not fall , the dead will not turn in thier graves , the fabric of society will not be rent assunder because of this

the calls for her to be sacked and other outbursts are assanine examples of mob mentality from idiots who have clearly forgotten what freedom of speech actually is

the people who are over reacting to this , are no better than islamic idiots who threaten to kill cartoonists

thats it

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Then again, it was just some sign she was directing it at... I was expecting a picture of someone standing in front of the guards and popping one off between them at the tomb itself.
In light of that, I think she got an overreaction.

I predict that eventually, people will know fully just how policed Facebook is now, and hopefully leave it. I gain more dislike for the website's founder every time I read about the things that take place.

edit on 21-11-2012 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Have we lost the ability to laugh?

She has her hands on her face like she is shouting next to a sign calling for silence.

I think she was trying for humor.

I know that I've tried for humor before and it's fallen flat.

Give her a break.

youtu.be...

Loved how he handles this issue.

I do feel sorry for her

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I don't approve of what she did. However, I approve of a society in which people can do things like that without paying for it with their life.

Her job, on the otherhand...well...

/shrug

edit on 21-11-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
we are seeing free speach from both side..the girl and those that thinks she is an idiot

as a former soldier..i find her actions ignorantly disrepectfull....
she's sort of an idiot for thinking that people would just sort of chuckle about the picture....the memorial goes beyond politics and nations...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Freedom of speech ... even if it's pure ignorance.

That being said ... I hope someday she goes for a government job requiring a security clearance and is turned down for it. She doesnt' deserve it. I'd also like to see her family suggest to her that she volunteer in a military hospital and work with some of the soldiers who have fought and been wounded for freedoms in this country.

She's a spoiled fat witch and needs a good wake up call.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Nuff said......

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Well that revealed that the WBC is a bunch of serious homophobes. As usual, using the bible to support a personal agenda.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The hypocritical right, cries about their freedoms but is against anyone who they don't agree with.

They talk about family values and morals but when it comes to said person they don't agree with, they wish all kinds of horrible things to her, and wish her a lifetime of punishment.

A true christian would wish she would find empathy and live a happier and fullfilling life to herself and others.

And I am not even a christian.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

A true christian would wish she would find empathy and live a happier and fullfilling life to herself and others.

And I am not even a christian.

Then how do you know what a true Christian wants? Don't speak from that which you do not know.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

You are right, she does have the right to voice her opinion. Her employer also has the right to voice their opinion as well. if it is their opinion that they do not want your representing or being a part of the company anymore then that is their right.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

curious as to what your take may be on this? My assumption is you are or were a Marine from your avatar.

If your asking if I am angry over it, the answer is no. She just did a childish thing. Politicians have done much worse to veterans than this girl could her do with her middle finger salute.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrnotobc

huh? what does this have to do with obama...oh yeah...that's right....ANYTHING BAD THAT HAPPENS IN THE U.S. OR IS REMOTELY CONCERNING THE U.S., IS OBAMAS FAULT.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

curious as to what your take may be on this? My assumption is you are or were a Marine from your avatar.

If your asking if I am angry over it, the answer is no. She just did a childish thing. Politicians have done much worse to veterans than this girl could her do with her middle finger salute.

geez, jam...as a liberal, i'm pissed off, she's old enough to know better, and showing disrespect here is just not right. she's free to do it, but it doesn't make it right

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by mrnotobc

huh? what does this have to do with obama...oh yeah...that's right....ANYTHING BAD THAT HAPPENS IN THE U.S. OR IS REMOTELY CONCERNING THE U.S., IS OBAMAS FAULT.

Oboma flips you off everyday, but you're too blind to realize it, but this girl causing you no harm makes you mad?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

This is what you get from our government schooled, MTV raised youth. Slap the BIOTCH and send her to GAZA or Israel.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Actually most of the WBC members are part of the family of the head-nut, Fred Phelps, and work for him either directly or indirectly. So naturally, he isn't going to fire members of his family when they are out spouting the hatred that he taught them and spouts himself. That would be like Fox News firing Hannity because he criticizes Obama.

On the other hand, this girl isn't employed by her family. Her employer has every right to fire her for actions that they feel may bring bad publicity onto them, do not reflect their company values, or hurt their business. Its probably safe to say that flipping off the tomb of the unknown soldier isn't something her company wants to be associated with - so they canned her. They are well within their rights to do so.

Sure, she has a right to act like a jerk. Other people and her employer have a right to speak out about it and / or not want her to represent them.

Go figure.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I for one, support this girl and what she was trying to say ([SNIP] all wars).
She didn't break anything.

I find the religious defense of "no jokes, no disrespect" moral highgrounds disturbing more than I could ever find a joke disturbing. If one is not allowed to joke about something, that is a sign of cultural cancer on the human spirit, in my opinion, and is fundamentaly wrong.
edit on 22-11-2012 by Gemwolf because: Removed censor circumvention

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

She forgot to read the sign.

Silence and Respect.

Then again, she has the right to voice her opinion. Hope she understands that the majority have a very different opinion, then her own. Learning lesson indeed.......... Learning the hard way too.

S&F

Liberal: Public School Education: Can't Read.
edit on 21-11-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join