It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Picture of Girl Flipping Off Unknown Soldier Tomb Goes Viral

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by davcwebb

What ever happened to freedom of expression? Westboro Baptist is allowed to picket a soldier's funeral but this chick can't make a joke? I agree, her actions were rather unwarranted, but worse things have happened with more impunity.

Guess this is further proof that privacy is a myth when it concerns Facebook. Either that, or she forgot to mark it up as "Private".
edit on 21-11-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
When I see something like this I try to wrap my head around what were they thinking? Seriously, she did this as a joke?

Did she really think that someone was going to find this funny?

She's not right in the head.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Think about it objectively - I know, who thinks objectively nowadays? But still, consider how many lives we have lost because war has become a hobby. I think she has the right to speak her mind. There's so much hate speech going on around here, I think this is pretty passive in comparison.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Sure there is free speech. And she isn't going to go to jail for it. But I mean... I was always taught, "Stop and think before you do something". She obviously didn't do that.

She said she posted it as a joke. How is it funny? I mean in what way at all is it funny? Perhaps she should learn why the tomb is there and why they are "unknown". I've seen 5th graders on school field trips at the Tomb with more respect.

I don't hope that she loses her job. But I do hope this public lashing makes her think about the consequences of her actions. Especially in today's Internet age where NOTHING is private.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

What ever happened to freedom of expression? Westboro Baptist is allowed to picket a soldier's funeral but this chick can't make a joke? I agree, her actions were rather unwarranted, but worse things have happened with more impunity.

Guess this is further proof that privacy is a myth when it concerns Facebook. Either that, or she forgot to mark it up as "Private".
edit on 21-11-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

They are disgusting and I am afraid I would lose it if I had to deal with them.

+1 more 
link   
Is that the whole picture?

How does it show her disrespecting a Tomb?

What i see is that she is just going against the sign. kind of like "do not litter" *throws gun wrapper*

Silence = shouting

Respect = Middle Finger.
edit on 11/21/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/21/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Also thats a pretty ugly shirt she's wearing. More proof that she's an idiot.

I believe they call that, the moo moo.

Source
edit on 21-11-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

link   

Wow ..that's pretty wild .. what was her reason for doing this ..? something personal .. or upset with the wars ..or just plane 'ol stupidity..?
a very disrespectful act indeed ..

link   

Originally posted by Deemo Diablo
In conclusion, she is guilty and she is sorry, but only because she was caught. What a waste of air.

I'm sorry but I just don't get it when people write "she's only sorry because she was caught". Well that's obvious to me that works in pretty much every circumstance.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
She can do it and say it. It's not illegal to be a moron. Not yet anyway.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

"It takes but 5 seconds to gain a reputation and the rest of your life to loose it"

Such is life............

Stupid stupid girl.........hell hath no fury like an internet scorned.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
From one of the articles linked in the OP. She put out a tweet with an attempt to take it back. She said..

"Whoa whoa whoa... wait," Stone wrote on October 20th. "This is just us, being the douchebags that we are, challenging authority in general. Much like the pic posted the night before, of me smoking right next to a no smoking sign. OBVIOUSLY we meant NO disrespect to people that serve or have served our country."

Sure it was disrespect to people that serve or severed our country. How could she not see it that people would take it that way?

Either way, she makes mention of how she and her friends like to go around behaving like "douchebags". Sure, she has a right to go around behaving like that. Other people have a right to be offended by her behavior and call her out on it. Its how society, regardless of its a tribe of 10 or a population of millions usually works.

I don't understand why people who are self-proclaimed d-bags are suddenly shocked when others don't let them get away with it.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
People have got to start thinking before they post controversial stuff on their Facebook pages. How many more examples of job loss and public disgrace will it take? I think it's because of these incidents that the website has such an ambiguous reputation.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Not that I like what she did but I do find it humorously ironic that that soldier died to protect her freedom to flip him the bird after he died.

Makes me wonder what the soldier would think of the situation.
edit on 21-11-2012 by GrimReaper86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Not the 15 minutes of fame she expected.

No not at all...curious as to what your take may be on this? My assumption is you are or were a Marine from your avatar.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

What ever happened to freedom of expression? Westboro Baptist is allowed to picket a soldier's funeral but this chick can't make a joke?

Go figure.

Westboro Baptist actually shows up at a funeral disrespecting the fallen soldier and their surviving loved ones. I don't remember hearing about them getting fired at their jobs though...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
It's good thing I keep my facebook classy.

You all can follow me @ flatulentbunny on twitter.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Have we lost the ability to laugh?

She has her hands on her face like she is shouting next to a sign calling for silence.

I think she was trying for humor.

I know that I've tried for humor before and it's fallen flat.

Give her a break.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
This is dumb, i do not mean the girl in the picture but w/e assh*le that said this was disrespecting a solider., some internet hero that has no life.

You can clearly see her having 1 hand by her mouth as in shouting, also you can see middle finger. She is just going against the sign. Simple.

i wanna find the rumor starter and kick their sorry ass.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
As usual, you have to question the validity. Isn' the tomb behind her? How do you know she is not flipping off a boyfriend?

After all these years on ats, and members still haven't learned to look into something before jumping the gun.
edit on 21-11-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join