It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Picture of Girl Flipping Off Unknown Soldier Tomb Goes Viral

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

could this woman afford to lose her job?.not saying she should of but kim kardashian can make an ass of herself and spend the next 6 monthes on the talk show circut getting paid to yak about it

edit on 22-11-2012 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by vonclod

could this woman afford to lose her job?.not saying she should of but kim kardashian can make an ass of herself and spend the next 6 monthes on the talk show circut getting paid to yak about it

edit on 22-11-2012 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

Who knows...But stranger things have happened: Chris Crocker

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ireheart
This is a clear cut case of everyone flipping out over nothing. Obviously she thought it would be funny to pose next to a sign that reads silence and respect while pretending to scream and flipping of the sign. It was meant to be a play on the sign and had nothing to do with disrespecting the location.

Regardless of motive some people are stupid but a simple stupid Facebook post does not necessitate this kind of punishment.

Exactly. My only problem with it was that it just wasn't funny to me. Ten minutes after the space shuttle Challenger blew up, joke were popping up. Though this event was tragic beyond words, I still had to laugh at the jokes because they were funny.

This picture of the woman - just not funny. Funny thing is, if she had done something worth laughing at it probably wouldn't have been a big deal. Consider that comedians can make everyone laugh with jokes on racism or the killing of Jews, and they get away with it.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

lol..indeed stranger things do happen..i remember that

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
People who post in these threads with replies like "She has the right to do this, more offensive things happen, whatevs" really bother me because they try to act like their point of view transcends the thinking of us mere mortals who are bothered by the complete indignity by this stupid bitch. She's a fat, disrespectful pig who doesn't deserve the rights that those men have died to protect. If you hate the military so much why would you go to the Arlington cemetery in the first place? That's like someone who hates McDonald's goes there to eat?

I hope she loses her job. This is completely disrespectful. I have a very vulgar sense of humor and can laugh at things that might make many of you blush but I find absolutely ZERO humor in this.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The education her parents maybe tried to give her did not stick. I am so very happy that for once the internet plays the role of educator here.

She should get everything comming to her. It's true what someone said a few pages back: people have died for our freedom of expression,regardless how stupid or distastefull we might be,but i am happy to see the society is condemning her. There is still hope out there,normal people are still kicking around.

It's so simple and convenient to say i didn't mean it,i am sorry,etc,etc. I can't believe i am actually happy Facebook exists and it's got the power to put these behaviour to shame.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by davcwebb

Well I think she is a disrespectful person. And there is nothing funny about her picture.
Neither has any important meaning, just a silly attention caller.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

What ever happened to freedom of expression?

You're reading about it in this thread. You're not reading about a girl who was imprisoned for her political views, or who was beheaded by violent thugs who disagree with her, or the legal system chasing her down for breaking a law..

You're reading how a lot of people rekon she's an idiot. How her opinion, when voiced, has not put her in harms way via political or legal action, while at the same time has allowed people who have a the common decency to see her as the fool she is, to say so.

No erosion of rights here, I don't think.

Unless we wrap her in cotton wool and deny the public the right to be pissed off.

Who is she anyway. Has her family done anything? Do they have any reason why we should care about them? Would it make any difference if someone went to her grandfathers grave and did the same???

People like her are a dime a dozen, raised with the foolish belief that they are global people and borders are just a hindrance when throwing rose petals at hippies who speak different languages.. The sort of people who would look at a shark for the first time and go "Awww nice fishie.." before losing an arm.

She's the sort of person who protests without knowing why. Just because it's groovy to do so and all the hip kids are out there in guy fawkes maskes. bewm, down with the king. I dunno why, but kings just suck man!!!!

Sure I don't know any more about her than the picture and related offerings.

Don't care to. she's a dime a dozen. A noise. Static discharges that do nothing but annoy you.

annnnnnnddd.. she's gone.

edit on 22-11-2012 by winofiend because: man, senility creeps up on my fingers I know it...

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

REPOST PLEASE REMOVE
edit on 22-11-2012 by essanance because: REPOST PLEASE REMOVE

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

NO she deserves what she gets for desecrating something so sacred and so honorable , THats the problem is no one has honor anymore ..IF YOU think this is ok , you make me sick ...And this dumb (RANDOM CRUEL WORD HERE) is a prime example of how Americans respect and Value Nothing , we are a soulless nation and we are heading down the drain ....

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
It's a bloody joke. Are we that sensitive that we're worried the dead's feelings are hurt?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

No, I don't think we're worried about the dead's feelings being hurt, but we are worried about some disrespectful piece of trash showing a complete disregard of common courtesy at a memorial for people with far greater fortitude than she could ever hope to possess.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by essanance
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

NO she deserves what she gets for desecrating something so sacred and so honorable , THats the problem is no one has honor anymore ..IF YOU think this is ok , you make me sick ...And this dumb (RANDOM CRUEL WORD HERE) is a prime example of how Americans respect and Value Nothing , we are a soulless nation and we are heading down the drain ....

She's making a gesture towards a sign and you condemn this woman, dishonor her wish to see bad befall her? What you are valuing is something non-existant over the real tangible living and existing, albeit somewhat stupid, young woman we see in that image. You're holding an idea above a real thing—and you say she values nothing. Hilarious.
edit on 22-11-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ketzer22
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

No, I don't think we're worried about the dead's feelings being hurt, but we are worried about some disrespectful piece of trash showing a complete disregard of common courtesy at a memorial for people with far greater fortitude than she could ever hope to possess.

She's fooling around. These are the things that get you people going? Is this what it takes to get the masses riled up?

Break out the pitchforks!
edit on 22-11-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ketzer22
by this stupid bitch. She's a fat, disrespectful pig

Talk about disrespectful. Am I the only one who sees the irony in this quote?

Way to go stoop to her level.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
wow, seriously get over it, attitudes such as those being displayed in this thread remind me of religious extremist attitudes, the same kind that have caused this tomb to exist in the first place, the same kind that convince people to become soldiers, respect where its due but maybe directing your anger towards something worth while.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
She wasn't flipping off unknown soldier tomb, she was doing it to a damn sign to lighten the mood. People are giving this way too much attention, stop allowing the stupid stuff other people do bother you so much.

It was in bad taste to do it but its not worth wishing anything bad to happen to her.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Wow, strangely sensitive crowd. Where's the outrage over the death of Windows XP?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by torsion
She's flipping off and shouting at the sign, not the tomb and as such it's an amusing photo.

But then let's not allow comedic irony get in the way of peoples desperate desire to be "offended" so they have an excuse hate someone. Burn the witch... burn her!

So essentially what you are saying is she could have done this to get a few chuckles in a far easier fashion by walking her ignorant ass into a library or courthouse....

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
offensive, but what happened to the right to free speech?
Are't you allowed free speech if someone doesnt agree with your views?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join