It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Picture of Girl Flipping Off Unknown Soldier Tomb Goes Viral

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
This girl's name is LINDSAY STONE. This is a picture of her disgracing an Unknown Soldier's Tomb at Arlington Cemetary:

She put this picture on her Facebook page thinking it was a joke. It's gone viral and now she in a heap of you know what (deservingly so). She's just about lost her job and her Dad is out front confronting the media.

This was an outrage. Regardless if you're anti-war or not, this is just wrong!

Video

Rebuttle Article

edit on 11/21/12 by davcwebb because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Well this kind of backfired in her face......love when that happens

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by davcwebb

She forgot to read the sign.

Silence and Respect.

Then again, she has the right to voice her opinion. Hope she understands that the majority have a very different opinion, then her own. Learning lesson indeed.......... Learning the hard way too.

S&F

+39 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Actually she sorta pisses me off too. Who in the hell whether their american or not could go to the tomb of the unknown soldier. A tomb thats really about every soldier in the world that has fallen and remained unaccounted for un retrieved etc... You go there and even in the worst of storms a soldier is there honoring and protecting the tomb. It touching and an emotional monument. I've seen foreign tourists get emotional when at the tomb of the unknown soldier when I visited it.

This is appalling and immature that she even thought this was funny or appropriate.

I am glad she lost her job. She's a dumb useless twit and an example of what's wrong with the latest generation of kids.

She deserves every bit of ridicule that comes her way!

Also thats a pretty ugly shirt she's wearing. More proof that she's an idiot.
edit on 21-11-2012 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
No matter which side of the fence you stand on, that is offensive to the memory of those who have fallen.

lest we forget.

SS

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
What she did was wrong, stupid, and just down right ignorant. She had no intentions to harm anyone in her actions but yet now she is going to possibly lose her job and her credibility for the rest of her life over something that was just a poor judgement call? I understand the sensitivity behind it but two wrongs don't make it right. All in all this is just a poor judgement by everyone including those that are dragging her thru the coals.

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Not the 15 minutes of fame she expected.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
I am glad she lost her job. She's a dumb useless twit and an example of what's wrong with the latest generation of kids.

She deserves every bit of ridicule that comes her way!

Also thats a pretty ugly shirt she's wearing. More proof that she's an idiot.
edit on 21-11-2012 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

And you proved your point how
I mean you ask what's wrong with the latest generation by judging her by the shirt she is wearing...really

edit on 21-11-2012 by HawkeyeNation because: #yourjustasignorant #callthekettleblacklately

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
stupid fat chick, those men you’re flipping off fought and died in battle so you have the liberty to flip them off.

I want to know who's taking the picture, they should be embarrassed as well.
edit on 21-11-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

By that age you know that's a stupid idea and nothing good could ever come of it.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
That Free Speech thing sure can bite you in the butt can't it?

Hopefully she learns to be a bit more respectful of those who died defending her right to do what she did.
edit on 21-11-2012 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

You mean the anchors at the Today show didn't agree with her?

That's shocking.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Agree, if that's the case.

link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

By that age you know that's a stupid idea and nothing good could ever come of it.

True but people make mistakes no matter what age. I'm not defending what she did by any means but the treatment she is getting is a bit overboard.

link   
reply to post by jam321

No publicity is bad publicity.
Kim Kardashian is proof of this.

+17 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Then again, she has the right to voice her opinion

Thats my view as well...regardless of how tasteless it may be.
The outrage for me is people who use facebook in the first place,it seems to love enforcing political correctness and wishy washiness.
If you say something offensive
people can use it against you.
It can get you fired from your job because you wrote down a few tasteless words while sitting in the comfort of your own home. (now that is screwed up)

Instead of enforcing political correctness,why not enforce the fact that she is allowed to have an opinion and leave it at that.

Soldiers have fought for those rights....do you want to lose them because of a facebook post??

So people disagree,agree to disagree and spend your life doing something to better your life instead of being a gossiper trying to ruin someone's life on farcebook.

The outrage to me is facebook and the people who use it for stuff like this.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I think we have pushed the rights thingy beyond the original concept.
Way beyond.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I believe in free speech, in that there should be no legal retribution from the government. However, when you do something publicly offensive in public, then post it on a public forum, then you deserve what you get.

Lindsay did not expect her picture to get so much attention, she was beside herself, etc etc. I say B.S. to that. In her mind, and like so many others, they justify their actions with the pretense that they won't get caught. To put it another way, she is only apologizing because she got caught. Otherwise she would have lived out the rest of her life taking advantage of liberties for which the deceased soldier(s) died for. Whether the war was based on a false pretense or not is irrelevant; those soldiers enlisted to protect the freedoms of everyone, they can't help who their leaders are, just as you can't help who your family is.

In conclusion, she is guilty and she is sorry, but only because she was caught. What a waste of air.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

She should own it. she reaped what she has sown.

MSNBC will probably hire her though.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

She is owning it.

Like I said before. EVERYONE has the right to say what they want to. Just dont be offended when EVERYONE says your wrong.....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join