It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama signs 70 BILLION DOLLAR pledge to Israel

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
lol to all the people out there who thinks Obama's $70 Billion GIFT is to actually do any good.

We're funding the ZIONIST regime, its really nothing new though.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Now I admit I didn't put a lot of time into this search but a cursory glance at google yielded these two sites:

The first is a blurb from Parade written in '08 about the top recipients of U.S. Foreign Aid.
Who Gets U.S. Foreign Aid

The second is a chart by Vaughn's Summaries of the top recipients and the various allotments and purposes of aid given between the years 2001 and 2010.
U.S. Foreign Aid Summaries

If what is written in the Parade chart still hold true then most of the aid given to Israel is used to buy weapons back from us. If they spend nearly all of the aid we give them on weapons (as is stated in the link) and 75% of those weapons purchases come from the United States (also in the link) then in 2008 that is likely getting close to 1.8 billion dollars that came back into our economy from the 2.4 billion that we gave them. That would bring down the amount of aid for their sole discretion to 600 million which is much closer to the amount that we contribute to the other countries topping the list.

I understand politically, or morally even, this doesn't really change things very much but it does make the numbers make a little more sense. We give Israel and Egypt the most money because they're our strongest allies in the region and because they buy American.

I also find it interesting that, at least according to Vaughn's Summaries that we pay Jordan not to attack Israel. I wonder if they have to pay us back if they do it anyway?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Netanyahu and Obama phone call LEAKED

Netanyahu : Hi Obama Congrat for beating up my guy ..
look like im stuck with you for another 4 yrs
i was just calling you to see hows everything and hows Michelle and the kids

Obama : See i told you .. i would be back .. doing great btw thanks
and Michelle and the kids are very happy for me

Netanyahu : .... Boring ! .. lets have some serious talk now

Obama : Why so serious and so mean ??
cant we just have a positive talk once in a while ?
i though you wanted to be my friend

Netanyahu : You silly im only friend with the people i choose to
and since i control your entire congress .. i own you top to the bottom

Obama : Arg .. You and Lucifer really make my life hard
wish i didnt made any deal with you guys 10 yrs ago
So what do you want my king ?

Netanyahu : Gimme 70 Billion or i nuke Iran and then i do another 9/11 with my Mossad

Obama : Okidooki !
Sending you the 70 Billions of US Tax payers money right about now

Netanyahu : Thanks Barrack .. but next month i need twice that much

Obama : No problemo .. not my money so i dont really care
edit on 11/21/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

The US has always given aid to the Palestinians - long before the Obama administration. It is marked for different purposes (humanitarian) than the aid provided for Israel.

From FY2008 to the present, annual U.S. bilateral assistance to the West Bank and Gaza Strip has
averaged nearly $600 million, including annual averages of approximately $200 million in direct
budgetary assistance and $100 million in non-lethal security assistance for the PA in the West
Bank. Additionally, the United States is the largest single-state donor to the U.N. Relief and
Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA). However, whether UNRWA’s
role productively addresses the refugee issue in the context of efforts to mitigate or resolve the
larger Israeli-Palestinian conflict remains a polarizing question, particularly with respect to
UNRWA’s presence in Hamas-controlled Gaza.

Because of congressional concerns that, among other things, funds might be diverted to
Palestinian terrorist groups, U.S. aid is subject to a host of vetting and oversight requirements and
legislative restrictions. U.S. assistance to the Palestinians is given alongside assistance from other
international donors, and U.S. policymakers routinely call for greater or more timely assistance
from Arab governments in line with pledges those governments make. From FY2008 to the present, annual U.S. bilateral assistance to the West Bank and Gaza Strip has averaged nearly $600 million, including annual averages of approximately $200 million in direct budgetary assistance and $100 million in non-lethal security assistance for the PA in the West Bank. Additionally, the United States is the largest single-state donor to the U.N. Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA).

However, whether UNRWA’s role productively addresses the refugee issue in the context of efforts to mitigate or resolve the larger Israeli-Palestinian conflict remains a polarizing question, particularly with respect to UNRWA’s presence in Hamas-controlled Gaza. Because of congressional concerns that, among other things, funds might be diverted to Palestinian terrorist groups, U.S. aid is subject to a host of vetting and oversight requirements and legislative restrictions. U.S. assistance to the Palestinians is given alongside assistance from other international donors, and U.S. policymakers routinely call for greater or more timely assistance from Arab governments in line with pledges those governments make. Even if the immediate objectives of U.S. assistance programs for the Palestinians are met, lack of progress toward a politically legitimate and peaceful two-state solution could undermine the utility of U.S. aid in helping the Palestinians become more cohesive, stable, and self-reliant over the long term.

Congressional Research Service JUNE 15 2012
edit on 22-11-2012 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by snapperski

Personally, I don't like hardware made in Israel, because there is always a catch, once you purchased the goods you stuck with the product as it gets obsolete every few months. trouble is; you don't get compensation or have an option to return the unused hardware and upgrade to the newer release. you keep paying the full price.
I hate that.

Other draw back is, Israelian technology is stolen prototypes from other countries like Russia, Germany, France, Serbian and U.S.
Imagine paying 70 billion dollars for a technology developed in U.S. in the first place!
it is a joke.

edit on 22-11-2012 by Nibirian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Well DUH. If Isreal does not get the funding, the arabs would overwhelm them....then where would all the Jewish citizens try and emigrate to?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoolStoryMan
reply to post by snapperski

WE DON'T HAVE 70 BILLION TO GIVE ANYONE, MUCH LESS ISRAEL

This is ridiculous and asinine!!!!!

Yah but at least we will have free contraceptives.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Obama signs 70 BILLION DOLLAR pledge to Israel,

What is 70 Billion? it is peanuts!

the US FED can "print" that amount and issue out any time. just google, QE1, QE2, QE3...

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Small point. $70 million is approximately 11 minutes of federal government spending. Perspective helps.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
So does obama love or hate israel? cause from what i heard from the GOP during the elections Obama is a jew Hater. Or is this not the cast anymore since it doesnt fit into the new picture they want to paint of the president?

And 70 million is a drop in the bucket compared to other military expenditures.

For instance, The lifetime cost of the F-35 is estimated to be 1.5 Trillion dollars.

The Per Unit cost of an F-35 is like 100 million dollars. So i guess Israel can spend that 70 million on Half of an f-35

Its all about prospective people
edit on 23-11-2012 by MastaShake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Man I would be so pissed off if I were American! Had you elected Romney it would've been the same anyway. Bad luck guys (sincerely).

it is a bit old, just realised the date...
edit on 23-11-2012 by spoogemonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
That's a damn good deputy sheriff's wage, right there!

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
If this makes Israel feel better and gives them less of a reason to go ape#, I say fine... It's better than helping with the more offensive side of their plan, but I will watch where this is going. I don't like it but I could like it less... especially if it is 70m and not 70b because the latter is insane.

We funded most of the European missile defense shield ftr. Ours won't be finished for another decade.

Do you think it will at least make some people less paranoid about terrorists and commies?

It better.
edit on 23-11-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Here is an excerpt from the whitehouse.gov website about the bill signed by President Obama.

www.whitehouse.gov...

Despite tough fiscal times, the President fought for and secured full funding for Israel in FY 2012, including $3 billion in Foreign Military Financing – the largest amount of funding for Israel in U.S. history.

The President secured an additional $205 million in FY 2011 to help produce an Israeli-developed short-range rocket defense system called Iron Dome, which has helped defend Israeli communities against rocket attacks by successfully striking rockets as they are fired at Israeli civilians.

In July 2012, President Obama provided an additional $70 million to Israel to ensure that Israel could maximize its production of the Iron Dome system for 2012. Over the next three years, the Administration intends to request additional funding for Iron Dome, based on an annual assessment of Israeli security requirements against an evolving threat.

It is still a lot of money but it is not $70 Billion.

Just to put things into some perspective, when the US hands Israel a check for $3 Billion, it is the rough equivalent of handing each Israeli citizen a check for $400, but I'm guessing that there are some strings attached to the gift. It is more than likely that a significant percentage of that money must be spent in the US and is really only making a detour on its journey from the US Treasury, to, wait for it, . . . cash registers of US defense contractors.

edit on 23-11-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
How come Barry says 70 MILLION then corrects himself to 70 BILLION live?

Some ERROR!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join