It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Gaza truce to be announced within hours

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

There's volume, but you have to have either external speakers, or headphones. I don't recommend headphones, because there have been some huge blasts tonight.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Those are most of the feeds in use in the update thread.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Egypt has said they have no plans to announce any kind of cease fire or calming down period in Gaza.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This type of B.S. has been going on in that region for thousands of years and carried over into the modern age. That region of the world is always going to see war. If a ceasfire or truce is called, it won't last. Tempers will flare up and rockets and missles will fly again but personally i think they've both gone passed the point of no-return.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Egypt has said the earliest any cease fire will be announced is tomorrow. The claim is that Israel hasn't responded and that's what is holding things up.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

There's volume, but you have to have either external speakers, or headphones. I don't recommend headphones, because there have been some huge blasts tonight.

Those are most of the feeds in use in the update thread.

This is really weird. I typed a reply to this post and sent it. I said something like:

"I really like the OccupyAir link-- the sound is easy to hear."

Then I said:
"I just got major Deja Vu when I clicked on the link and came back here to reply to you, as if we'd had this entire conversation before. I wish I knew how everything turned out. Or maybe I don't."

When I came back to the screen, there was a message that said "Security Issue" and it still had the ATS Logo on it up at the top.

I guess we had the conversation before and couldn't have it again?
(Laughing, while weirded out...)
edit on 11/20/2012 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I have that problem when I post from my phone.

There were some major hits around the RT camera right after we left to come out to dinner (I'm sitting at dinner with the laptop open, and two feeds running). The update thread said an entire block was hit.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

I have that problem when I post from my phone.

Deja Vu or Security Msg? (That was humor- snort snort)
I'm posting from laptop as usual so you must be the culprit!

There were some major hits around the RT camera right after we left to come out to dinner (I'm sitting at dinner with the laptop open, and two feeds running). The update thread said an entire block was hit.

Opened RT. Nothing but night time & lights. What else ya got open? See anything of note?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Nothing for about twenty minutes or so. I have Reuters and OccupiedAir open, and there's just the UAS flying overhead. There were three or four shots about 20 minutes ago, but nothing major, and nothing since then. It's almost morning prayers, and they usually settle down for awhile around then.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
And still the reports are mixed. This is the newest on the live feed for AP

hosted.ap.org...

"Truce remains elusive"

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

OccupiedAir = Same view as RT + Sound.

Creepy drone sound and I swear I hear a rooster crowing too. It's the freakin middle of the night. Poor guy, so confused!

Have you checked out OpIsrael Twitter account. Either a wing of Anonymous or working in tandem.

Sometimes breaking news there too. This just in, but about cyber war not killing war:

ZCompanyHackingCrew ‏@Z_H_C_
#Israel's Vice Prime Minister Silvan Shalom's Facebook twitpic.com... #FreePalestine #OpIsrael
View photo Reply Retweet Favorite
10m SHAYTAN'S OUTLAW ☝ ‏@LadyTsam_r2i
check it out @SilvanShalom The Vice Prime Minister of Israel Twitter #Hacked !! #OpIsrael #Anonymous @YourAnonNews #ISaluteYou looooooooool

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by auto73912621
And still the reports are mixed. This is the newest on the live feed for AP

hosted.ap.org...

"Truce remains elusive"

Thank you for the link. I find this hard to digest together, how about you...

Clinton expressed sorrow for the heavy loss of life on both sides, but called for the Palestinian rocket attacks on Israel to end and stressed that the American commitment to Israel's security is "rock solid."

AND

The campaign has killed more than 130 Palestinians, including dozens of civilians, and wounded hundreds of others. Five Israelis have been killed by rocket fire, including a soldier and a civilian contractor on Tuesday.

No comparison. There has been heavy loss on ONE side!!!
edit on 11/20/2012 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

We've been laughing our butts off over that rooster for four days now. He crows through air strikes, through mortar strikes, through the UAV flying overhead, and then he quiets down for morning prayer. Tonight they blew up most of the block near where he lives, and he's still there crowing. That's a survivor there.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join