It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anyone know about contaminated pet food?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
i remember reading a news report quite a while ago which accused or exposed a big brand name pet food company of using dead animals in their "meat" products - please please does anyone have any info on this so i can stop worrying about what i feed my dog! i am thinking of making up a meal for him myself just so i know what goes in it!

of all the questions i have ever asked on ATS, i consider this the one that i really want answered

A BIG PLLLEASE

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
don't worry be happy, i eat it all the time. fantastic source of BSE

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Dead animals in pet food.. hmm.. was pet food supposed to be vegetarian or something? I must have missed that - I thought animals ate other animals and not just vegetables and filler. Don't they advertise that the food has real beef and chicken parts? Of COURSE there are dead animals in "meat" products. That's what meat IS.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Have you tried the Rabbit and poultry? all kiding aside - i meant dead cats and dogs int the cans -sorry i should have edited my first post

[edit on 21-10-2004 by bluemeanie]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Wile i realy dont understand what it is you want ill tell you right off whats in most dog food .
dead animals? yes sortive animal parts is more like it all the parts considered NOt fit for humin consumishion .
Intestens stumick bone ground up pluse vegitables . The more expensive the food the higher the animal parts are the chepper food has more veges in it corn and what not.
If your realy consurned about what you feed your dog just make your dog food at home . A dog need 46% protein compaired to a humans 24%
Wich means your dogs diat is mostly meat .
So get your self leg quarters (chicken and boil them take off the meat add in noodels or rice as filler through a can of vegies like corn in and wala you got food to feed rover all week .
Ps hot dogs are made from meat left overs as well .Look it up on the net but beware youl never want another hot dog as long as you live.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
great info - thanks! i do remember reading about a certain brand in particular and a great big court case was filed...had a search here and there but found no results

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
If you want to read some interesting ingredients, pick up a can of "Potted Meat" and it's partially defatted beef fat and similar oddities.

As for dogs and cats in pet food - wouldn't surprise me. Is it necessarily bad? Many people in the world eat dogs and cats as meat like we eat cows and pigs, and find out habits equally as offensive and repulsive. A dog is an animal just like a cow is, so why not grind up unwanted dogs and put them in cat food? There could be potential problems when dogs are fed dogs and cats are fed cats, but eating another species isn't so bad. The only barrier is our cultural biases against it.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Personly I feed my dogs and kids moslty home made food this way I know whats in it start reading the sides of boxes and cans and youl wonder just How HAn solo sumugals all that stuff in past the star destroyers.
Icream has Kriptonight in it super man can never have a cone and the show never said if it has ill effects on humans as well.
How did the get to red di nember 5 anyway what happened to 1 2 3 and 4 i wonder?

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
As the owner of two dogs this instantly caught my eye.

Here are some good links:
www.dogs-r.us.com...
www.homevet.com...
www.canine-epilepsy-guardian-angels.com...

[EDIT]:I feed my dogs Lamb and Rice Eukanuba. It was recommended by their vet in Florida and seconded by their new vet in New York. It gives them fish breath but they are healthy and have shiny, clean coats -- we don't bathe them that often so it's not the shampoo.

[edit on 10/21/2004 by titian]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 05:12 AM
link   
completley off the subject but a few years ago a wine company in europe called "blue nun" got in an awfull lot of trouble when anti-freeze made its way into the wine vats! i think there were 8 deaths from it!! im not sure which body regulates dog food ingriedients but i wouldnt be suprised if theres an a lot of crap in some of them,obviously theres dead animals but im sure theres certain parts of animals that shouldnt be in there but make there way in anyway?

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Considering dogs eat their own retch and cat feces without much problem, I really fail to understand why one would worry so much about animal proteins. Just my two cents worth, but come on now, if you lay still long enough, your dog would eat you too.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Hi Bluemeanie, being an anomal lover this is something I was concerned about.

Have a look at this article.

www.nexusmagazine.com...

It contains info on euthanised(sp?) pets and roadkill being used in food.

We have seen the effects of feeding animals we eat with their own kind, spread and cross spread of diseases.

You may find it interesting.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
This is so true! Dog food companies are terrible! The only dog food I recommend is Nutro. It's a guarantied skin and coat food. People will tell me their dog is scratching and chewing...and ask what to do. 90% of the time it will be too much bathing, or their diet...a dog's genetics still sees them as a wild animal and they need the oils in their skin and shouldn't be washed more than once a month...regardless of what any other Vet or Groomer says....it's just common sense and a good Vet or Groomer will tell you this! Also, many dogs can not handle the red dye in foods and treats....and have allergies to them, they don't need that red dye in them, they don't care if it's red or not, that's in there for "us". I also smile, when I go through this with people at work and they come back with, "Oh, I feed my dog the best...Science Diet! " The only reason Science diet is "recommended" by more vets, is because "Hills" gives heavily to the veterinary schools...it is loaded with chemicals!

www.peta.org...
www.fila.org...
www.homevet.com...
www.shalako.com...
www.fuzzyfaces.com...
home.att.net...

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   
If you all think dog food is bad. You should look into what they feed domesticated animals that wind up on your dinner plate. And being a vegetarian does not get you out of the loop unless you organically grow your own. And I know we all have time for that.

TUT

top topics

join