It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Samsung Galaxy S 3 Review

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

I was just like you. I hopped on the Android bandwagon when the G1 was introduced. Eventually, I just got fed up with the rubbish support provided by the manufacturers because the next great device was released 3 months after the previous model. While I absolutely love XDA-developers for their great community support, I hated having to resort to unofficial community ROMs and hacks just to keep my phone from crashing every hour. It just became too time consuming to install a custom SPL, recovery, and ROM via SSH and ADB every day. Yes, I had to root my devices the long way around. Current Android users are so lucky with the simple rooting process now. I traded my Nexus One for an iPhone 4 (jailbroken) and have been happy ever since. Having said that...

reply to post by AldrinAlden

The success of iDevices boils down to the fact that they work just as expected without any complicated tweaking or customization. The power users had the option of jailbreaking to get more function out of their device. Yet this was dependent upon the successful creation of a working jailbreak by the small community that makes up the iPhone dev and Chronic dev team. Those with an iDevice running iOS 6 with an A5, A5x, or A6 SoC may never see a usable jailbreak. Not for several months anyways.

My jailbroken iPhone has complete VoIP/SIP/OpenVPN/etc. integration within iOS and runs flawlessly. I've even setup some Tasker-like automation on it. A non-jailbroken iDevice is complete waste of money for me.

The S III is the first Android device that has made me reconsider my opinion of Android devices currently on the market. It looks like I'll be shopping for an Android device when my iPhone eventually kicks the bucket.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysis

You certainly seem to know your stuff about smart phones. I agree , my iPhone wouldn't be half as much fun if it wasn't jailbroken.

I must admit im a bit lost with them, im a PC man my girlfriend is the clever one when it comes to dealing with smart phones.

edit on 20-11-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
Android phones get "junky" after a whille. What I mean is, even with an app-killer and various anti-virus and spyware programs -- every Android phone I've seen (including others than mine) gets super slow and glitchy over time.

do you buy a new laptop or desktop computer every time just because your software accumulation has caused it to get 'junky'?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
@MystikMushroom

what utter rubbish about android slowing down.
Please its embarrassing.
I have had a galaxy S2 for a year and a half and it runs as fast as the day I bought it,
in fact faster since I get system updates.
What you apple fanbois are jealous about is that the Samsung phones are the better product and a hell of a lot cheaper too.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr X

Exactly, that's why Samsung puts out like 50 different models every year just to keep up with apples 3 models!

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I have a Samsung Galaxy S Plus for over a year now, i've abused it in so many ways you won't even imagine (except droping it in the toilet or feces), i abused the c**p out of the developer mode while i was trying to develop basic apps, a lot of which had some serious flaws in them. Except the silver margins which are a bit damaged everything works as perfect as day one.

Oh and my phone is almost the equivalent of iPhone 5 and yeah it has panoramic photography, lets say the hardware is 5-10% not as good as an iPhone 5. So Samsung Galaxy series is better.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Im so happy i finally gave up on the iphone....i recently sold my iPhone 4S and picked up a GSIII and the difference is night and day. Apple hardware is the rolex of the market but their operating system imho at this point is those sorry ass duplo's compared to legos...its sad/funny how much sammy wants to be apple though...mind you its a blue phone and it comes with white samsung earbuds...dammit samsnug

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join