It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SPECIAL REPORT: Bird Flu Vaccine with Adjuvant - Approved by FDA for Pandemic Stockpiling

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The big news from Monday's (11/12/12) Influenza Congress in Washington: the human lethality rate of H5N1 (Bird Flu) has increased to its highest level ever, as has the "infectivity Replikin®Count" [which predicted the 2009 H1N1 Swine Flu Pandemic a year ahead in 2008.] On Wednesday (11/14/12) the FDA used its "accelerated approval regulations" to fast-track "safety and immunogenicity" approvals for GlaxoSmithKline's (GSK's) prototype Q-Pan H5N1 vaccine with AS03 adjuvant. Final licensing approval is expected before the end of the year. GSK's vaccine -with adjuvant- is to be stockpiled and used in case of pandemic.

…FDA official said, "We'd like for you to vote on this in the context of this product being used in a pandemic."

…On a 14-0 vote, the committee agreed that the immunogenicity data support licensure for the vaccine.

A fairly short discussion preceded the committee's vote on whether the safety data supported licensure of the vaccine. The panel voted 14-0 in favor.

In fact, H5N1 Bird Flu is mutating like crazy in the wild, especially in Cambodia and Vietnam - but GSK's vaccine is based on an old -probably extinct- 2005 Indonesian strain. So why approve it? …Because the FDA is actually approving the adjuvant - NOT the vaccine per se.

Q-Pan is …based on a 2005 strain of H5N1 from Indonesia, but a GSK official said that once the vaccine is licensed, the strain used in the vaccine can be changed.

Glaxo contracted with the federal government in 2007 to make a prototype vaccine to protect against potential infection with the bird flu. It contains only 3.75 micrograms of the inactivated H5N1 antigen, or protein, compared with 90 micrograms in an already licensed vaccine made by French drugmaker Sanofi.

With such a tiny amount of needed antigen, Friedland said Glaxo could easily make "far more doses" of the vaccine than it otherwise could.

"It's the adjuvant that makes the difference," he said.

The U.S. contract with Glaxo called for the company to develop an antigen-sparing vaccine, which would allow more doses to be made with a given amount of antigen.

What's the Rush?

Maybe the dreaded H5N1 Bird Flu Pandemic is expected this flu season, not next year.

Maybe GSK's 2007 contract with the Bush administration specified that GSK receive preferential treatment and get the manufacturing contract if they delivered on a "safe" adjuvant.

Maybe it's political and all about allies - British-based GSK with Quebec manufacturing and US storage v/s Sanofi's French-made - proven, adjuvant-free - H5N1 Bird Flu vaccine.

Maybe the vaccine industry is facing a sea-change - maybe Dr. Samuel Bogoch and Bioradar UK Ltd. really can prevent flu outbreaks and pandemics with their new synthetic Replikin vaccines. Maybe GSK and Big Pharma are just grabbing what they can on their way out.

Classical vaccine manufacturing techniques are beset by limitations such as difficulties ramping up production volume, contamination of vaccines by a range of antigenic impurities, and even difficulties accurately targeting diseases, such as influenza, whose composition changes from year to year. Synthetic vaccines hold the promise of creating new, highly targeted vaccines from crafted peptide sequences, which could be much more effective than classical vaccines without the side effects.

Synthetic vaccine production is straightforward to ramp up, since it involves standardized peptide manufacturing techniques already in use across multiple industries, with accompanying economies of scale. By contrast, nearly all vaccines sold today are manufactured using early-20th century technologies, such as using live chicken eggs as incubators for tiny batches of highly impure doses. [ed. Which is why they need adjuvants.]

Who knows?

edit on 17/11/12 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Dear lord how nice as if pig flu didnt reek havoc now we get bird flu AGAIN

im stocking up on nyquil and vita c and crap

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I'm holding off on getting any vaccines until they can perfect the combination of:

GMOs, chemtrails, mercury, flouoride, HFCS, aspartame, RFID, Smart meters, aluminum, AIDS, cancer, Prozac, UFOs, and Jersey Shore into one convenient shot I can receive at my local Walmart by an untrained TSA agent.

Until that announcement, I will have to just keep using my colloidal silver to destroy every known viral attack on my health.

edit on 17-11-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I think I read wrong..

edit on 17-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Well I am willing to take a deep look at the proposed legislation regarding this before it goes for a vote. Probably thousands of pages long with hidden agendas such as forced vaccines if in the future it is "needed" for the general population.

I would like to see for myself the wording on how they plan to use it.

Edit:
One more thing from the article, if this does go through which I am positive the $$$ has already changed hands and been spent, when is the projected timeframe of the infection hitting the population? How much time do we have?
edit on 17-11-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Whew.....I don't have to worry about getting the bird flu.....I'm a mouse. I mean I make a pig out of myself so the swine vaccine might be more appropriate. I hardly ever get very flighty.
I can't take those flu vaccines because I get really sick from them. It is worse than getting any flu I have ever had.

The FDA screws up everything it touches. Give control back to the American Chemical Society. I thought there were only like five confirmed cases of the H5N1 last year.
edit on 17-11-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I thought there were only like five confirmed cases of the H5N1 last year.

Something lit the fuse.
...India's coping with outbreaks and Vietnam is flipping out while the WHO and FAO are saying, "Move along, nothing to see here."

Local authorities worry that it took just one month to spread from north to central Vietnam, but international experts do not predict a worse scenario than in previous years

…“There is a new strain of the H5N1 virus that is spreading fast with a high capacity to kill humans,” Diep Kinh Tan, deputy minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, said at a recent meeting of the National Committee for Avian Influenza Disease Control and Prevention.

Also see: New toxic strain of H5N1 bird flu spreading fast in Vietnam

Wikipedia: Global spread of H5N1

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Well, it killed a lot of chickens but it hasn't mutated to humans yet, that is good. I did read somewhere that a mutated strain is being investigated for 5 human deaths though. We can't afford to lose all our chickens either. They are such a big source of our foodchain.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I am willing to take a deep look at the proposed legislation regarding this before it goes for a vote. Probably thousands of pages long with hidden agendas such as forced vaccines if in the future it is "needed" for the general population.

I would like to see for myself the wording on how they plan to use it.

The only vote will be whether or not to license the product and order stockpiles - the existent contract already stipulates manufacture at GSK's Quebec plant and storage in the US.

FYI - GSK already ran clinical trials in Canada and the USA. Who knew? …Did anyone "opt out"?

The American Medical Association (AMA) recently published a paper proposing the introduction of a new law to force you and your children into experimental vaccine trials against your wishes. Your only way out of this directive would be to sign a 'opt out form.'

…"Compulsory involvement in vaccine studies is …not as outlandish as it might seem on first consideration."

…I suspect Canada might already be doing this, but no time to check it out.

…if this does go through which I am positive the $$$ has already changed hands and been spent, when is the projected timeframe of the infection hitting the population? How much time do we have?

2006 - $1 billion; 2007 - $100 million - and more, but you get the idea.

The accelerated approval process looks like a plan to get enough vaccine distributed for a May 2013 Pandemic start, like the H1N1 Swine Flu Pandemic.

Given that a) the highly toxic new Vietnam strain appeared 6 months ahead of schedule, and b) the FDA is pushing this one through on the "accelerated" track, then likely c) projections show a May 2013 Pandemic (6 months ahead of our 2013 flu season).

Of interest: Pandemic influenza vaccine manufacturing process and timeline

edit on 17/11/12 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Ooops. Forgot to include this bit, too late to 'edit.' Note that GSK was already running clinical trials in 2007 here in North America. Who knew?

GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is bolstering its pandemic H5N1 vaccine presence in the US after being awarded a contract (in 2007) to provide 22.5 million doses of bulk antigen to the US stockpile while launching clinical trials for its adjuvanted H5N1 vaccine.

[NOTE: started with 7 US states, 2 Canadian provinces - expanded to larger multi-centre trial in late 2007]

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Well here is some new information that will probably disappear shortly. www.bio-medicine.org...
So by boosting the body to fight viruses, you can actually make yourself more susceptible to cancers
Oh man, I am glad I have a severe reaction to the flu shots now, I don't take them. More and more I think those mad scientists are trying to make us suffer for believing in their research that is not complete. I suppose they will just say it doesn't apply, that everyone would get the flu anyway and the number of cancer deaths are small compared to how many could die of the flu. So what about the possible increase in cancer that is treated, if you only use cancer deaths to conclude something than that is wrong. I would rather die than have cancer that makes my life miserable for years. The response by the government will take a week to compile to protect their mistakes.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

It appears that promoting the APOBEC3B was being investigated as an antiviral addition to some vaccines, but I cannot find direct evidence linking this usage. I wonder if any of the supplements promote this gene expression, possibly like Q10 or something like that? I ran into one article that talked about Apobec3b in HPV vaccine but I cannot find any direct evidence as to whether it was put there. Antimalarial vaccines utilizing promotors are being tested I guess. Seems like this protein can help with fighting malaria and Hep B infections. I find the enzyme all over in research of viruses but can't find if the knowledge is incorporated into present vaccines.

This applies to the content in the link in the above post from me.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Oh Snap! Great, but it does make sense. Wait until I start discussing this with the closed minded people I know and love that already think I am a weirdo.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Been hoping for some updates from you Sophi. In the meantime just working my but off in the gardens to hunker down this winter and avoid the public places such as grocery stores. Since much of the distribution contracts come out of Mexico, we need to be extra cautious with our fresh produce selections this winter... I think we will see more coverups related to food this winter as they hide the fact it is not always what they say it is that causes the recalls and outbreaks.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

It seems if the body is in a constant state of readiness for a virus, it lacks the flexibility to fight other diseases. Same with eating foods that keep you from getting cancer, if you eat too much you may be succeptable to some other disease or condition. When you start messing with steering the bodies immune system to where there is only a possible threat, then it leaves a door unlocked for other pathogens. I think our cravings are supposed to steer our diet but foods today have too many unnatural additives or chemistry to attract us to them. This screws up the craving system. Some foods have companion foods, some foods should not be eaten in the same meal. The thing is that sometimes eating them in the same meal forms a medicine. Medical science is in it's infancy, we know nothing about genetic needs yet. Maybe in another thousand years of testing they will be better at it

Just eat natural wholesome foods like your parents would have eaten but remember....This deceit has been going on for a very long time, I see evidence of it in the early nineteen hundreds a lot and that is grandfathered in and can't be touched. We evolve in a couple of generations to tolerate some things. We mutate a little to adapt. Not everything our grandparents ate is quite right anymore, we have evolved a little....very little though. Some of us may need a little of the chemistry introduced since then to be civil and healthy. If too many glutamates were consumed than some of the receptors may be screwed. Fixing receptors may be done by eating fish or fasting, both seem to rebuild neurons.

I wouldn't get excited about all this, this is just one of many chemistries introduced that increase cancer in the western world. Some of the things they say are good for cancer can even cause cancer if moderation is not observed.
edit on 15-7-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Great posts, info rickymouse - thanks. Interesting related research, CIDRAP article: Analysis: Flu may boost bacterial pneumonia 100-fold. ...Looks like immune systems get overwhelmed and distracted too.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Chemicals put in the food supply lower the immune system, soaps also lower the immune system, so there will be mass spread infections.We need to go back to eating REAL FOODS that boost immune functions like sauerkraut. I have read reports that sauerkraut has cured CHICKENS with bird flu.
I know this works because I dont get sick , not for 18 years.no colds, no flu's nothing.
I use organic soaps ,eat real unprossesed foods and take natural immune boosters.
edit on 17-7-2013 by supergravity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Sorry - haven't been around much. Gardening too - might post some pics again. Love mixing pretties with food plants - looks great and helps keep bugs down too. Miss ya girl.

PS. Woke up from a nasty dream about 2 days ago - visuals of baby clothes being thrown into bonfires and lots of dead bodies. Seldom have nightmares or bad dreams. ...Nothing RL triggered it, no huge epidemics in news either. Cambodia is in the middle of its seasonal H5N1 outbreak - Cambodia bird flu outbreak continues with 14th case - but could be way worse. H1N1 outbreaks in Africa - co-infections popping up here and there including China - more MERS, spreading - but nothing huge at present. However, inclined to trust my own dreams over media or official sources dedicated to preventing panic and protecting "the economy."

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I think that if we boost our resistance to the flu, we lower our resistance to other parasites. We can't think of our immune system as a bottomless pit, it has to be triggered when we get a disease, not depleted by stimulating it to fight one thing and neglect another. It comes to a point of what is aparently most critical to fight at the time. An overgrowth of candida isn't as important as fighting a flu that we don't even have yet. I think that the whole vaccine system has to be examined from this standpoint. A normally harmless and symbiotic bacteria can be dangerous if allowed to grow to improper numbers.

The medical industry does not tell us this, they tell us we need to eat the right foods to build the immune system to super abilities and I suppose it is necessary if we are taking all these vaccines. Problem is that building it too strong increases it's ability to form a cykotine storm and kill us. I think that we are setting ourselves up for a very big problem, especially now that antibiotic resistant bacteria have been created by our use of chemistry in both medicine and agriculture.

I blame this all on the ones creating the chemistry, they are profiting from it from both ends. Well, this is a very good way to cut the world population down considerably, something I think is necessary. I don't want to choose, I just want to stay alive and healthy. I also want the same for all my relatives and friends. Screw the rest of you who fail to listen to reason

It is possible that the body is allowing the pneumonia to thrive in hopes it can help fight the virus. Most times that is not the case though, I doubt if the pneumonia's aflotoxins will kill the virus. The craving that the aflotoxin creates may help fight the cancer though.
Coffee has caffeic acid which helps to neutralize pneumonia aflotoxins I think. Could black coffee help...Let me remember Tea, Toast, and coffee.
I think terpines would work best myself. White pine needle tea or spruce gum.
edit on 17-7-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Glad to hear from you too, this beautiful dance of life does tend to carry us far from ATS at times.

I have an important question for you please, my son has gone off to university, after only 5 weeks he became so ill, flu like symptoms, it was awful.

I know food, germs, stuff like that will be different as I did protect him at home.

So my question is (I am a blank) what can I do to help him pull through this coming year? They want him to take vaccines, we discussed that and I said it is better to get the flu and have the immunity than to get the vaccine and suffer a lifetime of problems from the junk in it.

If you remember, he was the one that got birdpig flu a few years back because of the cytokine storm. He survived it at home without DRs or hospitals.

So what can I get for him to help him be stronger this year?

Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join