It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diver discovers giant anaconda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
"Giant" snake stories are often wildly exaggerated, but you can actually see how enormous this snake is. This guy got up fairly 'close and personal' with the anaconda.

Swiss Diver Franco Banfi discovered a 26 foot long giant anaconda while diving in the rivers of Mato Grosso, a region in Brazil. While these anacondas are common in the wildlife of Brazil, one of this size is not.
Franco was lucky that this enormous snake had recently fed on a Capybara and wasn't interested in making the Swiss diver it's next meal.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Wow. That is crazy.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

that is one big f------- snake wow

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
This dude is either a lunatic, or a genius.. I don't know. That snake is insanely huge. I don't think I could muster up the courage to swim in the types of places he is swimming. You are potentially food for about everything out there.

Good looking snake though

edit on 11/16/2012 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

In the first video, he said that "..after awhile, you will understand that nothing happens if you respect the snake."

That may be a giant snake, but that↑remark is a giant load of crap.

Nothing happened because the snake just ate. Before attacking any other creature, the snake would first regurgitate it's previous meal. Hell yes, it would be scary, but no, he wasn't actually in much danger.

[color=8A8A8A](Well, not much danger from that particular snake anyways. Just being in that water, is obviously dangerous.)

edit on 11/16/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
That's awesome. I've always loved snakes. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
So he thinks that nothing will happen as long as you respect the snake? I think it was more luck than mutual respect.

Take a lesson from the honey badger....

Big giant Anaconda don't care. Big giant Anaconda will squeeze all the breath out of your crazy delusional self and stuff you whole down his gullet after the other thing is done being digested. How's that for respect?

Crazy dude

~OkieDokie

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Wow.... Absolutely beautiful! The head is about the same size as mine

This guy has one enormous pair of balls

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Holy COW thats a lot of boots!

I wonder how old it is?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I love snakes. They are very neat creatures. Used to have a few.

But once I saw an anaconda in a zoo,and it creeped me out by sheer size. The zoo said it fed it pigs and small deer.

I imagine running into one in the wild, especially a large one, would be unnerving.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Snakes.....
They only bite when you touch their privates.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Good reason to quit walking the banks of the waters in Brazil.

Just seeing one that huge, and up close reminds me of this vid:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Thar be dragons.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

Oh!!! Man!!! Ya got me!!! lol

epic snakes- wow
edit on 16-11-2012 by Starcrossd because: added info

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Thats a big snake, but not even close to 26 feet. By the pictures I think its approaching the 18-20 foot mark, which is still big. Admittedly, I haven't measured it, but I've been around a lot of big snakes. Every few years there is a monsterous snake story coming out of the jungle somewhere. Still,. I appreciate the story and the pics, thanks OP!

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

That was so not kool!

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
wow that diver has balls of steel..if i were him i wouldnt try that again, his theory is bunk..lol..a wild animal is not predictable..he is very lucky the snake had just fed and was saving its energy to digest the meal..even just a warning strike from something that size could do serious damage

top topics

join