It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glowing UFO Seen Over Pitlochry, Scotland - November 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Hello ATS. Stumbled upon this today, and I have been trying to find out more information since. I believe the man to be genuine in his claim, however I cannot find an unedited version of this sighting. He makes claim that he was watching it for twenty minutes, but how long was he filming it?

Haunting if you ask me. What kind of aircraft are they testing the days, eh?

"I started to record, and this time when I was approaching with the zoom, I see a very strange object. Like a diamond. Was pulsing, this was just for maybe twenty minutes."

A major UFO investigation is underway after a man filmed a mysterious oval-shaped object hovering over a forest. Chef Adrian Musat, 40, was stunned when he saw the spooky white light floating over the woodland through his window at night.

He grabbed his video camera and recorded the mysterious light, before sending the tape off to supernatural investigators, the British UFO Research Association (BUFORA).

Father-of-one Adrian, who lives with his wife Nicoleta and two-year-old son Alex in Perthshire, Scotland, said: "I have never seen anything like it. "I watch out the window every day and we have a beautiful view, but I have never seen such a strange thing. It didn't make any noise."

Adrian first saw the unexplained sight from his home at 7.30am on the morning of Bonfire Night before it reappeared 10 hours later. He said the flashing UFO, which was flying above Clunie Wood near Loch Fiskally, was about five metres wide and its colours were constantly changing. Since then, Adrian has peered out of his window every day hoping for another sighting, but to no avail.

www.ufosightingsdaily.com...

^ From source: "He said the flashing UFO, which was flying above Clunie Wood near Loch Fiskally, was about five metres wide and its colours were constantly changing. Since then, Adrian has peered out of his window every day hoping for another sighting, but to no avail."

----

Pretty interesting... But frustrating as I cannot find his original, unedited video. If anyone could perhaps help me dig for this, I'd appreciate it. As described above, this was apparently changing colors. In the short video, we are only lent a seconds of footage. Highly interesting footage, if you ask me.

Anyone seen anything similar?
edit on 14-11-2012 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
There could be something, but the shape is derived from the aperture of the camera, depending on what the opening setting is, there are diamond shapes, star shapes etc; autofocus when zooming in is usually the culprit.

edit on 14-11-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

You think that's it? I would have suggested that too, but his testimony seemed to be that with his naked eye he could see it as diamond shape. I'm assuming he didn't just see it through his camera, but also with his eyes.
He also noted that it was very small, so considering how large the picture is, he very well could be zoomed in.
Perhaps this is just enhancing it's original shape, rather than obfuscating it?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
There could be something, but the shape is derived from the aperture of the camera, depending on what the opening setting is, there are diamond shapes, star shapes etc; autofocus when zooming in is usually the culprit.

Agreed.
We see this a lot with videos where somebody has zoomed in too much on a white dot. The shape of the object looks ok, but is in fact just an artificial mess made by the imperfect optics.

Optics is HARD. All the camera advances in recent years is all electronics driven, but the optical systems are constrained by the laws of physics, and nothing really works aside from big lenses that are accurate to the femtillibillzillionth of a millimetre.

Note that he didnt say he saw a diamond object in the sky, and THEN got his camera out.
He says he zoomed, and THEN saw it was a diamond.

edit on 14-11-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
reply to post by smurfy

You think that's it? I would have suggested that too, but his testimony seemed to be that with his naked eye he could see it as diamond shape. I'm assuming he didn't just see it through his camera, but also with his eyes.
He also noted that it was very small, so considering how large the picture is, he very well could be zoomed in.
Perhaps this is just enhancing it's original shape, rather than obfuscating it?

Well the best thing you can do is check out youtube, there are plenty of examples, this one is sharply diamond shape, but it had nothing at all to do with the real shape, but is a good example,

www.youtube.com...

and here,

www.youtube.com...

This one is closer to the OP image, it is clear it is on maximum zoom, after a struggle, (because the videoer had the gable interfering with the autofocus)
edit on 14-11-2012 by smurfy because: Link.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
While he may say he saw it as a diamond shape the video disagrees with him , if you watch as he zooms out you can see that it goes back to being circular and Star like .... because its a Star .
Just like this one

edit on 14-11-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Precisely (wow, something that YouTube is actually *good* for!). Here's another good one...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Interesting, thanks for your informative replies guys. I did not know about about this on the level you broke it down.

Though I disagree that this guy saw a star, as he said he watched it four twenty minutes, and it was moving from left to right.

So the horizontal line across the side of it, this could be an artifact too then eh?

Need to find this guy's actual video. Nothing is showing up.

Watching the video again, it is pretty clear now that as he zooms out, the object becomes a circular light.
However the man seems very confident that what he saw was not a mere star in the sky.

It just looks so damn strange zoomed in
It's still clear, not fuzzy like the many artifact videos I'm pilfering through on youtube right now.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Though I disagree that this guy saw a star, as he said he watched it four twenty minutes, and it was moving from left to right.

The reason it appeared to be moving is due to his eyes , its known as Autokinetic effect .
Autokinetic effect

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Heh, nice link Gortex.

"this happened between five and half-five, so half an hour. I make a video, short of maybe five minutes. What I noticed was the object, had a very red cloud. Very quiet, no sound. Was very small, moving left to right. I've never seen anything like this before, I've lived here for a year and a half. I watch every day, I've never seen anything like that."

^ Does not fit the bill, in my opinion.

He implies that the event lasted for thirty minutes.
Did he film a dying star?
If so, that's pretty cool too.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

He implies that the event lasted for thirty minutes.

He's in Scotland so I would guess that's how long the break in the cloud cover lasted

If you look you can see the band around the object in the pics you posted is the same as in the video of Sirius that I posted

edit on 14-11-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by redtic
reply to post by smurfy

Precisely (wow, something that YouTube is actually *good* for!). Here's another good one...

That's an excellent example, by adding in the street lights on the same footage.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
am gettin serious dejavu readin this ... am sure i did this already

ETA - www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 14-11-2012 by Segenam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Segenam

Yes...posted 14 hours before this one: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
If hes in Perthshire way, at half 7 in the morning, If he looks South hes going to see Venus as well as Saturn rising and if he looks West he is going to be able to see Jupiter descending on the Horizon.

This time of year Jupiter is as practicaly as bright as Venus. Saturn not so much, but it's pretty much right beside Venus so its easy to spot them together.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Murad

10 hours after 7 = 5

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
this is on the bbc websit and the British UFO Research Association (BUFORA) examined it and say its a spotlight from a forrestry vehicle.The Forestry Commission has confirmed it had tree-felling operations under way in the woodland at the time.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

OK if they are here they are obviously highly evolved organisms. And what do you have when you have highly evolved organisms? You have VIRUSES THAT HAVE A STRICTLY SYMBIOTIC RELATIONSHIP WITH THOSE HIGHLY EVOLVED ORGANISMS!!!!! And no matter how thorough the alien visitor were in hygiene, a LOT of those alien viruses would have made it across the cosmos along with those alien visitors. In many cases, viruses outside of a host do not die rather they become dormant.

THE SMOKING GUN that will once and for all prove that we are not alone is the discovery of alien viruses here on this planet. The visitors themselves are way to advanced to allow us to detect them directly in most cases. But nature has a funny way of slipping through. We need to search and test specifically for viruses that do not match the typical chromosomal patterns, for are comprised of proteins that do not have the classic "L" conformation.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by redtic
reply to post by smurfy

Great find too many videos of people mistaking Venus for something else...

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
this could possibly be linked to the recent news we had (Almost 'perfect' invisibility cloak unveiled)

link here www.cosmosmagazine.com... ility-cloak-unveiled

join