It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friend Commited Suicide

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nitro67
Very sad. You mention he recently stopped his meds? Do you know if they were ssri's? I took them when I was 18 for about three months, then decided to stop abruptly, and almost died. Completely crazy, no control over emotions, total lack of sense of self, horrible experience. I never understood how someone could kill themselves until I experienced that withdrawal. SSRI drugs must be taken carefully, and I hope doctors are today giving patients the knowledge that you will go through withdrawal if you do not ween yourself off of them....

No, I do not know what meds he was on. I know they changed through the years and evidentally nothing was working well enough for him. There are so many side affects.

I'm glad to hear that you made it through and are still here with us today!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1loserel2
reply to post by Night Star

Sorry to hear of your friends untimely death.
Hopefully he is in a better place.My condolences go out to you and everyone he was friends with as well as his family.

I too, have first hand knowledge of how you must be feeling. I lost a good friend of mine some time ago. ( I think you help keep their spirit alive by thinking of them, and remembering them.) He was the kind of man nobody was a stranger, and would have given you the shirt off his back, if he thought it would help you out.

It does get a little easier in time,though you have that space in your heart that only your good friend could fill. They'll always be missed.

Good luck, sometimes it helps to stay busy.

edit on 13-11-2012 by 1loserel2 because: typo

edit on 13-11-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-11-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

Thank you! I do believe he is in a better place. I believe that we are far more than just a physical body and that once we die, we go on to something different, something better. As they say, we are all made of energy and enrgy does does not die.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

Forgot to say that I am sorry you lost a dear friend. You are right, we keep them alive in our memories.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by scar
Sorry to hear of your loss. I have had a dear friend of mine, that had chosen the path of your friend. I think of her often.
Just remember that time heals. They are in a better place. Trust me.

I am sorry that you lost a dear friend as well. I do trust you and believe that they are in a better place. Thank you!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Well, all his troubles in this world are done with. Getting off his meds was a bad idea and probably what contributed to his sudden death. I take it he must have been manic depressive or bi-polar? Fine one minute and the next, hanging themselves in the closet. Hard deal. I had a friend shoot himself in the head with his .357 magnum, never even saw it coming and it was because his ex-wife took his daughter from him. Closed casket funeral, not much left of your head when you use a magnum.

How very tragic. I am so very sorry to hear that. It is so dificult for all those left behind. I can imagine how traumatic that must have been for his family and friends.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
Hey Night

Im terribly sorry for your loss. Even as a pen friend and not physically close, you form emotional/mental bonds and hurt just as much. I hope you can be there for the others who are touched by this terrible thing.... as some of us can be here for you.

If you need me.. you know how to get me. I can be an ear.

Thank you! Yes it started as pen-friends then 5 years ago I got my first computer and we kept in touch that way. I knew him for many years. Thanks for being here for me and if I can return the favor, let me know.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Night Star, I am so sorry at your loss. You are always one to share words of empathy, encouragement and hope to those who are having a hard time. Your friend was blessed to have you for a friend. You have my heartfelt condolences and I hope that you can cherish the good memories and not be too blindsided by this tragic loss.

I have a mental illness as well and have known several people who went off their medicine and also killed themselves. So please learn, people. Quit telling those with mental illnesses to stop taking their medicine. You really don't want to contribute to someone's demise do you?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miri08
I am very sorry to read of your loss. The going off the meds and then trying or accomplishing suicide, hits very close to home. While I will never encourage suicide for obvious reasons, I can understand the amount of mental pain that one can have and the need for release of that pain. Mental pain can be every bit as tortuous as physical pain. It can consume a person.

I can also say, with certainty, that your friend appreciated you so very much and that you did contribute to making the life he had, better. It can be so hard for someone with mental illness to find even just one person who shines a light in their world and I believe that you did that for your friend.

I hope that your friend is finally at peace, I believe they are and I hope that you cherish the good memories and take solace in knowing that you did make a difference for him even though the outcome was what it was.

Thank you so much,you are so sweet. I do know that he appreciated our friendship and my being there for him through his struggles through the years. That makes me feel better.

I have found that throughout my life, it is often the simple things that matter most, like just being there for someone and validating their feelings, giving them compassion and understanding. Even humor goes a long way. It is very easy for people to help others and to make a difference in their lives. Often you hear people who say they feel so helpless and don't know what to say or do. Hell, there are times when even words arn't needed, just offer a hand to hold or a shoulder to cry on, or a big bear hug.

Even the smallest candle can shed light in the darkest of hours. We are all little lights in someone's world.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

Night Star, I am so sorry at your loss. You are always one to share words of empathy, encouragement and hope to those who are having a hard time. Your friend was blessed to have you for a friend. You have my heartfelt condolences and I hope that you can cherish the good memories and not be too blindsided by this tragic loss.

I have a mental illness as well and have known several people who went off their medicine and also killed themselves. So please learn, people. Quit telling those with mental illnesses to stop taking their medicine. You really don't want to contribute to someone's demise do you?

All the kind and beautiful things you said about me, I have seen in you as well. Thank you so much for being here for me and for reminding people of the importance of not taking themselves off their meds abruptly.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

nope dont believe in reincarnation, just that the well of life can only hold so much ^^ once it tips, it can fill up some more

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Maybe he was not wrong, just because he didn't follow the same path as everyone else

"To die is different from what any one supposed, and luckier" Walt Whitman.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
So sorry to hear this

My prayers are with you.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

So another person on form of anti depressants commits suicide.

1 among probably a million other

and people still take it, still believe their doctors, still dumb deaf and blind.

What else is new.

Friend of my father recently committed suicide, Yep you guessed it, she was
on anti depressants.

edit on 14-11-2012 by LostPassword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostPassword

So another person on form of anti depressants commits suicide.

1 among probably a million other

and people still take it, still believe their doctors, still dumb deaf and blind.

What else is new.

Friend of my father recently committed suicide, Yep you guessed it, she was
on anti depressants.

edit on 14-11-2012 by LostPassword because: (no reason given)

There are illegal drugs that can muck ya brain up.

Condolences to OP I'm so sorry I know what its like I lost a friend to sucide last year. I miss him very much even know he had moved away. I miss him in a sense that one day we would of caught up for a beer and a reminiscence of the old times, now all I have is one comment on my youtube video of him reminiscing our childhoods.
I wish I knew more but I don't wanna ask the family as it might upset them. I wanna understand why he did it.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by LostPassword

If you read the OP properly you would know that the individual was off all medications at the time that it happened.

This is probably not the right thread to be pushing your anti-anti-depressant views...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

I feel your pain

I'm sorry for your loss.I've been through something similar and its not easy.I still struggle with it to this day.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LostPassword

Wow dude that response was so wrong. Do you people even think before you post things? Take that # into another thread it doesn't belong here.Have some compassion and don't pretend to know what that particular person in the OP was going through.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

I feel your pain

I'm sorry for your loss.I've been through something similar and its not easy.I still struggle with it to this day.

This is almost exactly what I was thinking and about to say.

I had a good friend, and a few distant friends from school do this.

My one friend I talked to him just two days before his decision and I kind of didn't pay as much as attention to himas i should have. He was supposed to be getting a microphone to sing in our band as soon as we got the other equipment.

When I spoke to him, I told him we git the equipment and we was waiting for him. I was in a drive through and kind of paid little attention. Two days later his family found him in his appartmrnt with a note saying he did it because if money issues.

It messed me and my friend up for a while.

I don't know why I told this story, maybe just to say I feel your pain OP.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Sorry for your loss, as I have lost quite a few people the past few years myself.

(not a proper place, just some rambling below, choose to read or not)
Sometimes seeing things too clearly can be so overwhelming that the thought processes of others seem quite meaningless, it's as if you are without feeling/emotions, but not in a sad way. It's hard to explain, but this is what I've found to be the closest.

Depressive realism is the proposition that people with depression actually have a more accurate perception of reality, specifically that they are less affected by positive illusions of illusory superiority, the locus of control and optimism bias. The concept refers to people with borderline or moderate depression.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
sincere condolences on the passing of your friend.... always hard outliving the people around us .... the physical body is gone but their spirit is always with us... they live on in our hearts and memories...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join