It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Immoral' business: Google, Starbucks, Amazon grilled over UK tax avoidance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

'Immoral' business: Google, Starbucks, Amazon grilled over UK tax avoidance

rt.com

“Billions of tax revenues are being lost to the UK. It's clear from today that international tax avoidance is being conducted on an industrial scale. This is not just unfair on hardworking, honest UK taxpayers. It gives overseas companies an unfair competitive advantage over UK companies. That's bad for our economic growth,”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
So it looks like Amazon, Google and Starbucks have been paying little or NO tax. Considering the billions of dollars worth of turnover that these companies rake in, the amount of tax that they dodge is equivalent to thousands and thousands of plutonic households paying no tax what so ever.

So with the economy getting flushed down the toilet what's the answer? I know, let's tax the poor, increase prices and keep the minimum wage the same. Congratulations.

Also heard that OWS are planning to occupy Starbucks shops and turning them into tempory homeless shelters and other charitable buildings. I salute the OWS movement and wish Them the best of luck, the least Starbucks could do is let them do it since half of those homeless are probably there because of the money Starbucks squeezed out of our economy.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Beat me to it :/

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
It's just good business sense in today's climate to trick the government into letting you keep more of your money.

The immoral thing is the governments addiction to tax revenue.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Not paying taxes? So why am I now paying $5.09 for my Grande Moccha Latte from Starbucks instead of the $4.95 it used to be? Pfbt.
edit on 13-11-2012 by Charmeine because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join