It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have saved $400 to $500 by quitting smoking, so far.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
That is right.

The big corporate fatcats at Phillip Morris and Rjr can shove it.

I am no longer contributing to their multi million dollar bonuses.

And it feels good.

Also I thought about writing a letter to the governor of Illinois and telling him he needs to subtract my tax revenue from the projections he made after he raised the cigarette taxes by over a dollar...lol...

People say I should have done it for my health. Well I am not ashamed to say that I quit because of the money reasons.

The reason I say $400 to $500 is because I kind of lost track of how long it has been. Almost three months I think.

Anyways I just wanted to share this. I did it with the help of an anxiety medicine from the doctor. She wanted ne to take it for 6 months. I took it for six days and I was done.

Remember, you can do it to.

If not for your health. Do it to stick it to the executives that are living the high life. And if not, that it your decision.

I thought about putting this in the rant section, but I am not angry or upset, so it really is not a rant.

You have the power. Just use it to your advantage

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Well, congrats! I am not, nor have I ever been, a smoker, but both parents were (yes, both deceased, far too young), and so is my brother. I know my parents could have taken a NICE Caribbean vacation every year with what they spent. Then, there are the health issues. Three months. Sweet. Keep at it. Those guys have too much money already.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Sorry to hear about your family.

I estimated conservatively I was spending $50 a week. That was at a pack and a half to two packs a day. I also could have taken a cruise a year.

Thank you for your support and I can honestly say that I am done with the habit. I don't even get the urge anymore and that is even with the gf smoking all of the time. I told the doctor and she was surprised. She told me that it sounded like I had mind made up and she believes that I am done. She said it is all in ones head.

It is good that you have never smoked.

I hope that people will read this and maybe get some inspiration to give quitting a go.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Congrats im happy to hear you quit smoking! I also stopped smoking about 4 months ago. I have several reasons, I heard about the how they test out cigarettes on animals, thats absolutley sick. Also because of those corporations that make millions on selling poison. Then there is my health, I have been going to the gym for about 4 years, now that I quit I feel a lot stronger and better!! It´s was one of the best decisions of my life for sure!

Of course I also save all the cash!! So it´s just been WIN!!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I know how you feel, I have recently given up drinking Alcohol and I estimate of evidence so far that I will save myself £400 a month.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by hesse

Thanks and congratulations to you also.

Do you get cravings for a smoke? Because I really do not anymore.

Did you go cold turkey, or did you use a plan of some sort?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
I know how you feel, I have recently given up drinking Alcohol and I estimate of evidence so far that I will save myself £400 a month.

Congratulations,

Seriously I used to be a heavy drinker and I know exactly where you are coming from. I mean I was a serious alcoholic for several years. It takes a toll.

Keep it up and if you ever need to talk about it, message me man. It is rough for a while.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
What anxiety med did you take, may I ask?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

I don't mind at all.

It was Wellbutrin. I have had a lot of people tell me it didn't work for them. I just don't think they took it long enough. Even the doctor prescribed it to me for six months. Most proletariat say they took it anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks. My doctor said it takes longer for some than others.

It is a cheap medicine and I suggest anyone to give it a try. But listen to the doctor because it might not happen right away.

My doctor also told me to not quit all at once. Cut back a few smokes here and there until you don't want anymore

My last smoke was on my way to work in the morning. I was only raking the medicine for about three days. The cigarette just tasted nasty and I threw it out the window Ans haven't had one since. I continued to take the medicine for a few days after that though. It was rough at first but now I'm good.

Give it a try if you smoke, and give it time. Don't give up.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
We quit several yrs ago.. saved mucho a month. I smoked a pack and a half husband smoked a pack.. lets say .. 3 packs a day X 5.00 for 1 year = 5520.00 a year.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

That is a lot of money per year.

Just think some corporate fat cat was using your $5,000 for a massage or a nice gold flake covered Brownie at a posh restaurant.

That is really what go me to quit, was the fact I was poor and scrapng change to buy a pack of smokes why the "man" was using that money to fuel up his private jet.

It feels good doesn't it, to stick it to the man.
edit on 13-11-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-11-2012 by liejunkie01 because: phone spelling again

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Congrats!!!

I quit a 20 year habit 10 years ago...only to start again 12 weeks back. I thought after 10 years I could enjoy just one cigar. I was wrong...I was having one a day leading up to a pack of cigs every 3 to 4 days.

Don't make that mistake friend.

I quit again a week ago and things are going well.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

The crazy thing is, that is why I started smoking in the first place. It was because I liked a cigar when I would drink and party with friends. One cigar turned into several and before you know it the cigar habit is expensive, so I went to cigarettes that were a little cheaper.

I love a good cigar also, but it is not worth it friend.

Be strong and fight the urge. You can do it.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Sorry to hear about your family.

I estimated conservatively I was spending $50 a week. That was at a pack and a half to two packs a day. I also could have taken a cruise a year.

Thank you for your support and I can honestly say that I am done with the habit. I don't even get the urge anymore and that is even with the gf smoking all of the time. I told the doctor and she was surprised. She told me that it sounded like I had mind made up and she believes that I am done. She said it is all in ones head.

It is good that you have never smoked.

I hope that people will read this and maybe get some inspiration to give quitting a go.

Appreciated, but they made the choice. My dad had lung cancer, and would still smoke. They even pretended it wasn't that, but some other kind. I saw the death certificate, though, so I know. He was the sort that would get mad if you didn't want to breathe his smoke. Loved him, but seriously bad habit! The worst is how they can sell those things, knowing how bad they are, and get away with addicting people on purpose. Good work staying off them, though! Takes some strength. Congrats to all that posted they quit, smoking or too much drinking.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Thanks bud! I hardly hing about a smoke anymore.
It's you and me friend. I know we can maintain this attitude and overcome the evil little semi-pleasure of lighting up.

Cheers and strength to you and I....

new topics

top topics

join