It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security Graduates First Class Of DHS Army

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Sorry if this is posted. Searched and found nothing. That aside, the age of these kids will assure some hot heads and short tempers when dealing with those under their respective authorities in the general population. Shouldn't be too much from what law enforcement is getting a reputation for being.

The federal government calls them FEMA Corps. But they conjure up memories of the Hitler Youth of 1930’s Germany. Regardless of their name, the Dept of Homeland Security has just graduated its first class of 231 Homeland Youth. Kids, aged 18-24 and recruited from the President’s AmeriCorp volunteers, they represent the first wave of DHS’s youth corps, designed specifically to create a full time, paid, standing army of FEMA Youth across the country.

White Out Press

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

...designed specifically to create a full time, paid, standing army of FEMA Youth across the country.
Uhm, to do what, exactly? Say something if they see something?

Do
Not
Want.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
A simple google shows what they really are, T shirt corps of disaster preparedness crews.

www.fema.gov...

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
18 - 24 year olds are not kids, they are able bodied adults.

The majority of the US military is 18 - 24 as well.
Is the Govt. trying to present them as children, or is that the work of the reporting news agency? Either way, I think this is a terrible idea. I wonder if they will be armed, and if not how long do you think until they are?

Nothing good will come of this.

edit on 10-11-2012 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
A fema version of the national guard eh? Where do I sign up..oh wait I'm to old for toy soldiers, dang.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I wonder which symbol they're going to choose for their arm bands?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6
A fema version of the national guard eh? Where do I sign up..oh wait I'm to old for toy soldiers, dang.

Doesn't the National Guard already consist of young people who respond to disasters? Kind of seems like a Schutzstaffel program.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
so, since Sandy, how many of these new Corps members are actively involved, anyone know ?
from the FEMA site itself, it appears members of the affected communities are doing more for themselves than any FEMA efforts.

www.fema.gov...
By far, the largest effort has been neighbors helping neighbors clean out homes and start down the road to recovery together.

Also in Rockaway, the Administrator stopped by a FEMA Mobile Disaster Recovery Center, where survivors can find out about the federal financial assistance programs that are available. The center was being manned by FEMA staff as well as FEMACorps members
so, they're manning a trailer, giving out information and handing out paperwork ... do we really need another paid Corps for this ??

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Don't worry American parents, your children are being taken care of...by the government.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
DHS

Yesterday, we welcomed 231 energetic members into the first ever FEMA Corps class. The members just finished off their first month of training with our partners at the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) and are one step closer to working in the field on disaster response and recovery. They will now head to FEMA’s Center for Domestic Preparedness to spend the next two weeks training in their FEMA position-specific roles. Once they complete both the CNCS and FEMA training, these 231 dedicated FEMA Corps members will be qualified to work in one of a variety of disaster related roles, ranging from Community Relations to Disaster Recovery Center support.

Scary and sickening.

new topics

top topics

join