It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Benghazi, Resignations, Coverups: What really happened before, during and after the attack?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Friday the Pentagon finally acknowledged that it took almost 22 hours from the start of the Libya consulate attack for the closest American Special Operations response team to even arrive at a staging base in southern Italy. I know that our military is stationed all around the middle east and it makes not sense why it took 22 hours to get there or anywhere in that area for that matter.

But the officials still insist that the military didn't have aircraft that could perform a rescue or to fight off the terrorist attackers. Really, then why is our military stationed over there? I know they had to be prepared for anything, especially a fight, if needed. And it was needed. Even the 30 special ops could of been there an hour earlier. So, what happened?

A senior defense official stated that it was "not feasible" to have an armed aircraft there in time. Not feasible, really, then why is the military even there? If they can't protect the American people who were nearby, then what was the plan?

I wonder where all the F-16's were at the Air Base in Northern Italy. It seems they would have the ammo to fight off the terrorist who were attacking Americans on American soil. I've never heard of the military never being ready for a fight, especially when American lives were at stake.
It was also reported that the CIF took an unusually long time to get there. This team left from Croatia and was directed to head to Sigonella Air Base in Italy, rather than going straight to Benghazi. Why would they go 900 miles out of the way? The CIF managed to land in Sigonella at 7:57 p.m. Libya time. Still they will not say when this aircraft left for Europe. All they will say is that sometime between midnight and 2 a.m. Libya time they "prepared" to deploy. Why will they not give a time of actual deployment? Something doesn't sound right here.

At 5:15 a.m. local time on Wednesday, the final attack happened on the CIA annex. This attack killed Americans Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods. These lives could of been saved, but why didn't the government want them all alive?

AFRICOM gave the order to deploy a C-17 in Germany to attempt to rescue surviving Americans at 6:05 a.m. on Sep. 12, Libya time, almost an hour after the final attack. By this time, it was too late to pick up survivors.

The C-17 aircraft departed Tripoli at 7:17 p.m. that same day, carrying the remains of Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans that were killed. This was almost 24 hours after the attack began.

The Pentagon is so proud that they were able to scramble two unarmed unmanned surveillance aircraft, which arrived about 90 minutes after the attack had already started. I don't know what they expected to do other than sit by and watch their non-actions take place.

Intelligence officials now state the first call that the consulate was under attack came to the nearby annex at around 9:40 p.m. local time. That time supposedly lines up with when the military says the attack began. A team of security personnel was deployed and landed at Benghazi airport in the early a.m. hours. This team did not arrive at the annex until 5:15 a.m., around the time the final attack occurred. Which again, did nothing to help our fallen Americans.

I truly believe that these Americans were not meant to be saved. To start with all the delays, were just that, delays to stall any rescue or help for the Americans. It makes no other sense to delay, than to be sure all would be dead. I believe these Americans were set up by the government. To start with, I believe weapons were given (not sold) to the enemy by our government. These Americans figured out later that they were giving these weapons to the enemy and maybe when they found out, they didn't approve. I believe they threatened to uncover our corrupt government. A government that was helping Muslim extremist. I'm not sure how it all went down before the attacks, but I do know these men could of be saved or at least a full attack should of been taken to help them.

Mohammed Magarief, the new leader of Libya, a Muslim extremist confessed to being responsible for the attacks and that it had nothing to do with any you tube videos.

This would not be the first time our government has covered up crimes to benefit themselves.

Now three days later the CIA Director Petraeus has resigned for having an affair!?!?! That doesn't even make sense, why now? I think it is due to the fact that he does not want to testify in the hearing. I'm not sure if he was threatened, blackmailed or just found an easy out. The reasoning behind his resignation seem trivial.

I would love to know exactly what happened detail by detail in Benghazi and I think he could tell all. I know the families of the fallen Americans would love to know what happened to their love ones.

Now rumors are lurking around the internet that Hillary Clinton is going to resign also. I figure she is planning on running for office in 2016, but is she avoiding testifying too? I can assure you what she knows about Benghazi, she will take it to her grave.

So, what really happened before and after the Benghazi attacks? I think we will find out some, but so much more will be kept secret and we will all still be in the dark.

What do you think happened before, during and after the attack?
edit on 9-11-2012 by GideonFaith because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2012 by GideonFaith because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
OMG
I never saw this - swear it, but this is more or less what I thought maybe happened- down to the details. I didn't make this either, dunno who did. I was just googling Libyan attack and found it just now.

That's kinda freaky for me.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
It all stinks to high heaven. Petraeus was scheduled to testify regarding Benghazi. Hopefully, he still will... Clinton is gone after the new year, Holder sounds like he's leaving, Geithner will be leaving also... Hmmm.... they all have heavy chains of guilt wrapped around their necks. Let's get these investigations into high gear pronto!!

Everyone close to Obama within his administration has lied about the events and even participated in the cover up afterwards. Impeachment should do just fine... Biden is guilty too.. Can't have him taking over the helm...

Apparently, the WH knew of Petraeus' affair back in October... Was he instructed to hold his resignation until after the election?
edit on 9-11-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

The "rumour" of an alleged kinapping of the embassador is just that but has been on the tongues of many since afew days after the attack and this is nothing new.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

That was a first seeing that video. I know a lot of people think it was a viral video that caused the attacks. The Muslim extremist must of been all sitting around armed watching you tube videos in the streets to be able to do what they managed in such a short time. Thanks for the video and post.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
It all stinks to high heaven. Petraeus was scheduled to testify regarding Benghazi. Hopefully, he still will... Clinton is gone after the new year, Holder sounds like he's leaving, Geithner will be leaving also... Hmmm.... they all have heavy chains of guilt wrapped around their necks. Let's get these investigations into high gear pronto!!

Everyone close to Obama within his administration has lied about the events and even participated in the cover up afterwards. Impeachment should do just fine... Biden is guilty too.. Can't have him taking over the helm...

Apparently, the WH knew of Petraeus' affair back in October... Was he instructed to hold his resignation until after the election?
edit on 9-11-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

I am hoping he will testify too. Holder and Geithner are guilty in their own coverups. Yes, they all have heavy chains of guilt.

I'm ready to hear the excuses, but I really just want to know what will be done about it. Because I know we will never truly know the truth.

Nothing surprises me anymore with this administration! I just hope they all get impeached and removed.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

It all stinks to high heaven. Petraeus was scheduled to testify regarding Benghazi. Hopefully, he still will...

Sadly even if he does testify the CIA/WH can refute all his claims because he no longer is privy to information. His testimony will be merely what he knows with nothing to back it up. CIA is best at CYA.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Right on all counts but one - there can be no impeachment.
Not for someone who never should have been President to begin with.
Regular charges of treason will work fine.
The rats are jumping ship left and right.
It could be a very interesting new year indeed.

Btw, they could have a special forces unit there in 2 hours.
They were sacrificed to cover Obama's political career.
edit on 9-11-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
An answer to the testimony question?

Petraeus was slated to testify before Congress next week on the murder of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens, in Benghazi, Libya. Bret Baier of Fox News just tweeted, "With Petraeus’ resignation effective immediately, he will not testify next week & lawmakers are said to be 'stunned' by the announcement."

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

It all stinks to high heaven. Petraeus was scheduled to testify regarding Benghazi. Hopefully, he still will...

Sadly even if he does testify the CIA/WH can refute all his claims because he no longer is privy to information. His testimony will be merely what he knows with nothing to back it up. CIA is best at CYA.

I agree. They will try to discredit him before he even gets a word out otherwise.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
reply to post by jibeho

Right on all counts but one - there can be no impeachment.
Not for someone who never should have been President to begin with.
Regular charges of treason will work fine.
The rats are jumping ship left and right.
It could be a very interesting new year indeed.

Btw, they could have a special forces unit there in 2 hours.
They were sacrificed to cover Obama's political career.
edit on 9-11-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

I would love to see it treated as treason, but sadly I don't think it will even get an impeachment. Everyone is leaving to keep him in office. We can all hope that someone has information stored away somewhere to help with the hearings.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
An answer to the testimony question?

Petraeus was slated to testify before Congress next week on the murder of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens, in Benghazi, Libya. Bret Baier of Fox News just tweeted, "With Petraeus’ resignation effective immediately, he will not testify next week & lawmakers are said to be 'stunned' by the announcement."

www.breitbart.com...

I heard on the news that he still plans to testify. Even though now he doesn't have to. My worry is that they will discredit everything he says. That's if they allow him to even get a word out.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

It seems to me that once these folk are back in the private sector, the ability to make them appear before a court is better. No more "Executive Privilage".

And the more they say, "I plead the Fifth", the more guilty they appear to be.

This and Fast and Furious should be the DNC's Watergate. Wait a second....no one died in the Watergate scandal.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Lt. Col. Ralph Peters On Petraeus: "Timing Is Just Too Perfect" LT. COL. RALPH PETERS: The timing is just too perfect for the Obama administration. Just as the administration claimed it was purely coincidence that our Benghazi consulate was attacked on the anniversary of September 11th. Now it’s purely coincidence that this affair -- extra-marital affair -- surfaces right after the election, not before, but right after, but before the intelligence chiefs go to Capitol Hill to get grilled. As an old intelligence analyst, Neil, the way I read this -- I could be totally wrong, this is my interpretation -- is that the administration was unhappy with Petraeus not playing ball 100% on their party-line story. I think it's getting cold feet about testifying under oath on their party-line story. And I suspect that these tough Chicago guys knew about this affair for a while, held it in their back pocket until they needed to play the card. I don't like conspiracy theories, I may be totally wrong, but the timing of this, again, right after the election and right before Petraeus is supposed to get grilled on Capitol Hill, it's really smells.

www.realclearpolitics.com...
edit on 10-11-2012 by GideonFaith because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Well I have been thinking through a few things...

one is that Petreaus and/or the President ....was screwing around with the 'ambassador' (are we still calling him that?) and the CIA director's mistress found out. hahaha

No, seriously....
This story is not being discussed well in the media.
There's not the critical mass yet that doubts the COVER story. They still believe it, though it's been debunked.

I do know a few things -

1. Understanding the geography - the layout of the place it happened to the CIA annex AND how close Tripoli is to Benghazi- really helped me grasp the significance of the story.

2. We were told that some Libyans were really trying to PROTECT the ambassador. (that really plays into my kidnap set up theory)... ok...take THAT and the fact that....

3. They seemed like trained fighters with weapons that were NOT casual weapons protestors would have. Why did they have such good weapons?

4. The firefight lasted 7 hours. I understand that 120? protestors died? With some trying to PROTECT the ambassador?

5. Why if they just wanted to kill him in retribution - for anything- even just a terrorist attack- would they be checking his pulse and REJOICING that he was still alive, before the rest of the crowd got him ?

6. The cover story was false. What does that cover story do? It demonizes Muslims. IMO, it makes Americans hate them even more....like...those low lifes would go crazy and kill people for insulting their prophet. (Ok, maybe some sects would, but a lot would NOT.)

7. What about allegations of gun running and the sudden elevation in this guy's status to ambassador? What was all that about? Was he just a gun runner to Syrian rebels? Have you guys SEEN some of the atrocities that the rebels are committing? Well both sides, for that matter, but still....

8. What exactly was the timeline of events. Let's go back over that. When were 'the riots.' When was WHAT released and/or corrected to the public?

It's a lot more than 4 Americans dying. It's a lot more than 4 Americans being left to fight for 7 hours without backup. Yes, that is major important - anyone - like me - who's ever served can feel that in the pit of their gut. BUT- like it or not, for most of the Americans out there, that means little. They are like, people die over there all the time, big deal. SO freaking sad....but honestly, that's what they think....I've heard it "Bush had some folks die in embassies under his watch too."

Like this is about some big attack on the president. Really, WHO even knows WHO was involved?

But my gut says it is much bigger a web of intrigue than 4 Americans dying fighting alone.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I did read that several people tried to stop the attacks and that many had died trying to.

I don't think all Muslims are bad people, extreme Muslims are a different story.

The rebels over there are doing horrid things. I don't understand how people can do things like that to another human being.

I posted earlier in a comment post that for this to of happened so fast it had to be planned. How could it not be planned? At first it was blamed on this viral video. I don't think hundreds of extreme Muslims were standing around just watching you tube and stumbled on this video and went mad with weapons. Why would they have these weapons on them like that to start off with?

The problem I have with just about all of this is, for the most part it could of been avoided or at least stopped before all these deaths. But the administration chose to let it happen. I believe it was planned.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
This is some new info to me - and QUITE weird

mashable.com...

What would cause a bug like THAT unless SOMEONE was trying to get a message out?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
This is some new info to me - and QUITE weird

mashable.com...

What would cause a bug like THAT unless SOMEONE was trying to get a message out?

Wow!! No bug should of posted a picture like that. I would think a bug like that would be something random. That sounds like way more than just random. To have all the names of the Americans, Obama logo, and bloody hand. No, that was planned by someone. A very sick someone.

3:24 a.m. I just found the image and I am trying to post it below.

edit on 10-11-2012 by GideonFaith because: Found the picture we just read article on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join