It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travelers Parks in every County

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Instead of calling people, "Homeless", why can't we call them "travelers". If they were "travelers", then they may not be in one place very long.

It's a horrible crime and a sin that the Masons have paved over practically every square inch of every city, and so "camping" with just a tent, can be called "illegal". We are human beings, born on the land (sometimes in hospitals), but we are not born to be forced to drive the streets, work for money, or slave along with the rest of society, if we choose not to. But we don't have much of a choice if we have nowhere to sleep, except for expensive rents, property taxes, and mortgages.

The REAL solution for EVERYONE are "Travelers Parks". Call them what you want, but there could be parks in every county, where people who do not have places to live, can pitch their tents, and sleep for the night. It would be no huge cost, for the city to supply some tents, for those who have none, and a security guard to guard against theft from one party to another. Security cameras could be there for everyone's safety, and there could be certain rules, of course, but overall, there NEEDS to be something like this in every county.

No drinking on site, no drugs allowed, etc. but no major police presence either. If someone complains against someone else, it could be investigated, but overall, the point is a place to sleep every night, for everybody that needs it.

If this is not the bare minimum decency we can show to our fellow human beings less fortunate than us, than we do not deserve to sleep at night in warm beds, and have warm food prepared for us, or the ability to even cook it fro ourselves. If we cannot extend basic decencies to every person on the planet, at least in our country of the United States, then we really don't deserve to have it ourselves.

If any native American woke up today, unfrozen from 200 years, he would walk around for 1 hour, laugh his ass off, and kill himself right there on the spot. How can we do this to people who have no money, and how can we treat them as a threat as soon as they don't have the security we have? why not take care of that security for them, in the least costly, and most helpful way, and then nobody would have to walk the streets in fear of homeless like they do, because the chasm between the haves and the have-nots would not be so great.

Why is this not done?
Besides the fact that the Masons would not profit from it.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by magickmaster

i'm not sure what your deal with the masons thing is... there are homeless shelters and you can go "camp" in alot of places in this country... so not sure why every county in every state would need a camp.. infact your idea is kinda scary.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic

i'm not sure what your deal with the masons thing is... there are homeless shelters and you can go "camp" in alot of places in this country... so not sure why every county in every state would need a camp.. infact your idea is kinda scary.

Ask most homeless people and they will tell you, shelters are worse than the streets. So your answer solves nothing. Also, you need a camper to camp in the parks, usually, and they are not centralized, they are out in the middle of nowhere in forests and so forth, and miles and miles from town, so people who do not have transportation cannot get there and out of there without money for gas. I'm talking about something "central" to each town.

My trip with the Masons is the fact that every municipality is corporatized by them, and therefore, every city is under their control. You will notice their symbol on the entrance to EVERY town in the country. Yeah, they are responsible for the homeless problem.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

all you need to camp is a tent.. you don't need a camper.. its cheaper to camp in a tent... and you can illegally cross into a national park it would be easy to do and get lost in the woods if thats what you wanted to do.. why would you need a town when you could live off the land like the forefathers.
edit on 9-11-2012 by gnosticagnostic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Why are you blaming MASONS for this? There are a lot of parks you can camp in some are free but usually you have to have your own TENT. Want to live for free? Go hike the Appalachian Trail all year. Whiney Lamo.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ceranko
Why are you blaming MASONS for this? There are a lot of parks you can camp in some are free but usually you have to have your own TENT. Want to live for free? Go hike the Appalachian Trail all year. Whiney Lamo.

Washington and Jefferson were Whiny Lamos to some people, too.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic

all you need to camp is a tent.. you don't need a camper.. its cheaper to camp in a tent... and you can illegally cross into a national park it would be easy to do and get lost in the woods if thats what you wanted to do.. why would you need a town when you could live off the land like the forefathers.
edit on 9-11-2012 by gnosticagnostic because: (no reason given)

It's not about ME, it's about choices for EVERYONE.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Probably because they were tired of feudalistic tyrants taxing the hell out of them. Masons are not evil, every country in existence today can probably thank the masons for creating it, its called democracy instead of some dictator controlling your life. If you want to know about Masons go down to the local lodge in your area and talk to them, they will talk to you if you dont seem like a whackjob.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
The Homeless Problem stems from the fact that some people are well:
1. Menatlly Ill and wont seek help or cant because of their mental illness and have no family to help them,
2.Running from the law and cant be identified for fear of being put in jail or failing to be registered as a sex offender.
3. Lazy and don't want to work and have a normal life like the rest of us.
4.Can't find a job and are without a support system
5.Are criminals or con artists who prey on peoples charity to survive and would rather live the life on the road for personal choices.

That's the homeless problem. If your homeless you fit into one of the catagories above 98% of the time. We have so many programs in place , hell even ILLEGALS can get government assistance. Whats YOUR problem? If you want to live in the woods, get a decent waterproof tent, a plastic hanging shower bag and go live in the wilderness and live off the land. But that would be hard unless you were in one of the above catagories and wanted to live close to the city to beg for your money and not work a normal job. Now if you choose to live on the road and homeless by choice well more power to you. Good luck. But most people dont want you camped out behind their house in a tent. Because they think your weird for living in a tent when you could have an apt.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
The reasons masons put their symbol on buildings is because a Mason built it so they label cornerstones for good luck, why is that EVIL?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
BUT, I do believe there should be traveler parks like you said. But someone has to PAY for those remember? Cleanup, Security, Port O pottys, cost money.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Don't blame MASONS for choices YOU made. I'm not a mason but I'm tired of people blaming them for everything it's ignorant.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Don't blame MASONS for choices YOU made. I'm not a mason but I'm tired of people blaming them for everything it's ignorant.

I'm not homeless, or blaming anyone for choices I have made. I blame the Masons for EVERYTHING BAD!
Because they took it upon themselves to conspire to control everything, for our good, and it's used against us, all the time. So, I have blamed the Masons my whole life. I blame them for EVERYTHING BAD!

I have very good reason for this. I know many of them well.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

BUT, I do believe there should be traveler parks like you said. But someone has to PAY for those remember? Cleanup, Security, Port O pottys, cost money.

We already pay for EVERYTHING in society, so how come we get practically nothing in return?

and shut up about the aqueducts!

and Sanitation! - (No public bathrooms, but plenty of sidewalk)

and Roads, OBVIOUSLY!!! - (They have paved over everything!)

And Irrigation ... - (Water Control)

and Education. (We are SCREWED, STUPID!)

NO EDUCATION, and it's NOT safe to walk in the roads at night!

And shut up about PEACE, TOO!

edit on 9-11-2012 by magickmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Our society pays for all kinds of things, but we cannot afford to give people temporary space to pitch a tent, without being arrested? Even campgrounds cost money, but our taxes pay for EVERYTHING!

WE, the PEOPLE, PAY FOR EVERYTHING!!!!, WE ARE THE PRINCIPAL!!! - ALL MONEY IS BORROWED AND COMES FROM .....US!!!!

Why on Earth??? Can't we have places where people are free to camp, to sleep safely, without being harassed by police for one reason or another? Why does that place have to be out in the middle of the woods (i.e. campground) and cost fees?

WHY do we put up with this?

BECAUSE WE ARE ALL CONDITIONED TO THINK LIKE CRABS!!! IF ANYONE GETS HIGHER, PULL THEM BACK DOWN, BECAUSE WELL BELONG IN THIS #HOLE TOGETHER, SINCE COLLECTIVELY, WE CANNOT AND DO NOT HAVE THE BRAINS TO THINK ABOUT HOW TO GET OUT!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by magickmaster
Instead of calling people, "Homeless", why can't we call them "travelers". If they were "travelers", then they may not be in one place very long.
This isn't that baad of an idea, if we change the name to something less unsavory people would be more willing to helpout with helping out.

It's a horrible crime and a sin that the Masons have paved over practically every square inch of every city, and so "camping" with just a tent, can be called "illegal".
Err? Whats the issue with Masons? Ever think about corporations looking for a profit (and no not all companies are Masonic owned)

We are human beings, born on the land (sometimes in hospitals), but we are not born to be forced to drive the streets, work for money, or slave along with the rest of society, if we choose not to. But we don't have much of a choice if we have nowhere to sleep, except for expensive rents, property taxes, and mortgages.
This is not true, but people in these situations would have to move to area of the country that allows them to live like this.

The REAL solution for EVERYONE are "Travelers Parks". Call them what you want, but there could be parks in every county, where people who do not have places to live, can pitch their tents, and sleep for the night.
Sadly many cities already have something like this, they're called "Tent Cities"

It would be no huge cost, for the city to supply some tents, for those who have none, and a security guard to guard against theft from one party to another. Security cameras could be there for everyone's safety, and there could be certain rules, of course, but overall, there NEEDS to be something like this in every county.
This sounds a little like a Concentration Camp. Most of the "Tent Cities" are communty policed rather then having outside police forces control everything.

No drinking on site, no drugs allowed, etc. but no major police presence either. If someone complains against someone else, it could be investigated, but overall, the point is a place to sleep every night, for everybody that needs it.
So you want private security guards, security cameras, and strict rules but don't want a police presence? So would undercover officers would be ok?

If this is not the bare minimum decency we can show to our fellow human beings less fortunate than us, than we do not deserve to sleep at night in warm beds, and have warm food prepared for us, or the ability to even cook it fro ourselves. If we cannot extend basic decencies to every person on the planet, at least in our country of the United States, then we really don't deserve to have it ourselves.
Interesting thought, there are many things that we can all do to helpout our fellow man. Might I ask what have you done to help others?

If any native American woke up today, unfrozen from 200 years, he would walk around for 1 hour, laugh his ass off, and kill himself right there on the spot. How can we do this to people who have no money, and how can we treat them as a threat as soon as they don't have the security we have? why not take care of that security for them, in the least costly, and most helpful way, and then nobody would have to walk the streets in fear of homeless like they do, because the chasm between the haves and the have-nots would not be so great.
We do have programs for people in need, but it is up to them to get involved with those programs. Even if your idea was implemented it would still be up to the people in need to go there. If you're advocating gathering up all these people in need and force them to live in these "Travelers Parks" then could you explain how this is helping people?

Why is this not done?
If you really feel that this is a good idea, you could gather people together that support your ideas, and write a letter to your city council about the idea.

Besides the fact that the Masons would not profit from it.
Really? Whats with you and the Masons?
edit on 9-11-2012 by Guyfriday because: Forgot to place an "UN" in there

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I've been to the masonic lodge and I have relatives that are masons. They are not "EVIL" After they have picnics they give the leftover food to the homeless! Without the Shriner hospitals and their charity which is a masonic charity we wouldn't have the burn research we have today. Look up shriner hospitals. They help save thousands of children every year and the children that go to those hospitals are all seen and treated free of charge. If you want to blame someone for the worlds problems blame the bankers, and the lobbyists and our own corrupt government for getting us where we are today.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I've been to the masonic lodge and I have relatives that are masons. They are not "EVIL" After they have picnics they give the leftover food to the homeless! Without the Shriner hospitals and their charity which is a masonic charity we wouldn't have the burn research we have today. Look up shriner hospitals. They help save thousands of children every year and the children that go to those hospitals are all seen and treated free of charge. If you want to blame someone for the worlds problems blame the bankers, and the lobbyists and our own corrupt government for getting us where we are today.
I'm willing to over look his issue with the Mason for now. I'd really like to hear more about what these "Concentration Camp" styled "Travelers Park" would be. I posted a bunch of points that I wouldn't mind the OP clearing up.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I traveled acroos the country from Florida to Wisconsin the summer of 2011 by bicycle.

I didn't have a problem with cops or anybody save one prick in Jacksonville FL.

Small towns had no problem with us staying at a park in town,under the shelter,just be on the way next day.

The problem with most homeless,is that they stop,and stay too long,bother the locals,rummage through trash and make a mess for somebody else to clean up after they leave.

There are literally parks out there where you are welcome to stay a full 24 hours,with water,electricity,bathrooms and showers at no charge.

Just don't take advantage,get drunk,poop all over in the bushes,be a problem.

Hell,we didn't get to our campsite a couple of times and ended up setting up along the road,the cops stopped by to make sure we were ok.....

We even camped out under the frickin Georgia Guidestones....

Conduct yourself accordingly and you won't have a problem,a lot of homeless people just don't know how to act,even when they're not homeless.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ceranko

Thank you for you uneducated opinion.

You have no clue about it.

top topics

join