It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uranium Smuggled Out of U.S. in 1949?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I'd never heard of this before was intrigued as to the identify of the smuggler. If, indeed, it really happened, any ideas? Soviet Union, Israel, Mexico (!?) .... a non-governmental organization seeking to build a parallel nuclear arsenal?

In 1949, Vallarta briefly figured in an obscure incident in which agents of the Mexican Federal Security Directorate were reported to have intercepted a significant quantity of uranium being smuggled out of the United States. The material was sent to Vallarta’s lab in Mexico City for analysis and subsequently identified as U-235, a key component in atomic weapon construction. Reporting on the story abruptly ended two days after it was first broke by the AP.

www.parapolitical.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
there is also a report of isreali agents shipping vast amounts of partialy spent uranium and some weapons grade plutonium out of a port in texas. sold to japan before the fukushima meltdown. i did not save the article and was hoping i could find it again. have any members seen this around the web? thanks.

will read up on this one though!, thanks op.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

That's interesting - if you find that article please post it here, I'd like to read it.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

That would be a really interesting article, how ever both those materials can be found in pretty much any of Japan's nuclear reactor waste.... Why import from someone else, when you have nuclear plants all across their island producing those very products.

new topics

top topics

join