It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, another four years. What will you do now.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
OK.
Obama wins and America gets what it voted for.
What will you do now?

I'm looking at a folder of papers with a five year business plan sitting in it.
It's pretty much useless now. I won't be able to afford even one employee.
I can keep my job and maybe work the business as a side job but it would be nearly impossible in the evenings and on the weekends by myself.

Being an employee sucks but it's better than being totally broke.

I guess I can start a different kind of business but I don't know what it would be.

At least I have a good paying job. It's safe because my employer won't be hiring anybody else now. Lots of overtime instead of adding employees.

Four more years......
edit on 7-11-2012 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

Folder full of papers? You'd be much better off with binders full of women!

Seriously though....

What would be different today if Mitt Romney was President?

Nothing. Take your plans to the SBA and get started looking into what it is going to take to start your small business. Chances are you are going to get more help in a democratic presidency. When GOP helps business, they mean BIG BUSINESS (like ATT, Proctor & Gamble and Exxon) not little startups like you. Whatever you do don't use ATT or get an 800 number right away - They will bankrupt you first thing. You can keep making excuses but there is absolutely nothing different today than if Mitt were President right now and any changes would not affect your initial startup - not at this point.

edit on 8-11-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

NC!
Long time. No froth.
I don't disagree with anything you said on a fundamental level except that Mitty might have gotten Obamacare rescinded which is the big jump between non insured and insured employees. It makes the margin too small and the impact of2000 pages of free-for-all legislation aren't fully understood even after a full term.

I'm researching less risky options.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Badger, I said first off that you shouldn't let anyone influence you that way. If you dream of having your own business, get after it. Taking the step to start a business is a big step and can cause lots of doubt and anxiety...trust me, I know. I know when things get slow and money gets tight, panic can creep in and grab you by the heart...I also know it is the most self satisfying professional thing I have ever done.

Mitt was not going to rescind the Affordable healthcare Act. He openly said he was going to "tweak it". Now...I'm a pretty skeptical guy so when I heard that, what registered in my brain was "I'm going to make sure Wall Street and the insurance companies come out winners on this". I did not think for one second that he was going to "tweak it" to the advantage of small business or the average schmuck.

Do not let others dictate how you live your life...as I said in my first response to you...you only fail when you stop trying.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
What can we do....I mean really?What can we the people do? There is no unity here in the USA,or the world for that matter....,there is no solution's to the problems we face as a nation....we stand divided by wealth,politics,and religion.Mankind to put it simply will always allow personal idea's,greed, and beliefs stand in the way of universal progress.Sad thing is it will take an event to bring our species to it's knee's before we decide to unite on any true common ground.So what will we do for the next four years....lol. That is truly an easy one to answer...the same thing we have always done....we will do what we are told to do,what our fashions,and TV's tell us to do...because that's all we have...our own games to keep us busy from the truth.I hope that someday the species of the world will find a balance and peace so that we can explore the universe together.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Hey, I understand. Truth is, I don't trust any of them. My dad was a GS-17 super grade and had to deal with Congress now and then and he told me he thought they were mostly criminal, stupid, or both. The differences in the Election cycle appear to be far greater than in actual effect. Both sides promise and both sides lie. Both sides reap the rewards, and the rest of us suffer from their actions and inactions. Good luck to you on your enterprise.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

As of August 6 at 4pm I was put on disability by my doctor. Two hrs later my wife died. My main reason for working at a job that had been turned into something other then I had been hired for. I was informed by management that sleeping on console, a firing offense, was acceptable to them for me so long as I was there to be woken up. When I didn't come back I was then informed that if I needed drugs, legal or illegal, to continue work I would not be tested.
Problem is my doctor would pull my license as being no longer in control of when I sleep made me dangerous behind the wheel. So now I have manufactured charges from the IRS against me. I wonder if I said I would go back to work that those charges would disappear again?
It does not matter. Eight heart attacks and three heart surgurys are enough. With my wife dead I no longer need the medical. So regardless of the IRS, regardless of any other threats, I am going to ride out my disability and try and get well again. If they put me in jail so be it. They want to take what little money I have let them. I am just going to sit back from now on and watch the world go by. I am just going to watch and see what happens. Maybe they will let me be. If not so be it.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bacci0909
...As for employment, I'm a self-employed musician and music instructor.. I encourage everybody to be their own boss if at all possible, even if it means switching fields....

How difficult do you think it might be for someone like me to become a self-employed musician & music instructor?
I like music...and that sounds like a nice job!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jerk_Idiot

As of August 6 at 4pm I was put on disability by my doctor. Two hrs later my wife died. My main reason for working at a job that had been turned into something other then I had been hired for. I was informed by management that sleeping on console, a firing offense, was acceptable to them for me so long as I was there to be woken up. When I didn't come back I was then informed that if I needed drugs, legal or illegal, to continue work I would not be tested.
Problem is my doctor would pull my license as being no longer in control of when I sleep made me dangerous behind the wheel. So now I have manufactured charges from the IRS against me. I wonder if I said I would go back to work that those charges would disappear again?
It does not matter. Eight heart attacks and three heart surgurys are enough. With my wife dead I no longer need the medical. So regardless of the IRS, regardless of any other threats, I am going to ride out my disability and try and get well again. If they put me in jail so be it. They want to take what little money I have let them. I am just going to sit back from now on and watch the world go by. I am just going to watch and see what happens. Maybe they will let me be. If not so be it.

My condolences.
At some point, you just have to try to relax. Hope they "let you be"!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
reply to post by newcovenant

NC!
Long time. No froth.
I don't disagree with anything you said on a fundamental level except that Mitty might have gotten Obamacare rescinded which is the big jump between non insured and insured employees. It makes the margin too small and the impact of2000 pages of free-for-all legislation aren't fully understood even after a full term.

I'm researching less risky options.

Of course no froth. You don't recognize encouragement or maybe I just ain't doin' it right?
I've dealt with the SBA - had the business plan in hand same as you - was trying to offer tips.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join