It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absentee ballot issue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I hope this is worthy of making a thread. I don't have details yet to back this up, but I know it to be true.

A co-worker just told me that a good friend of hers, who lives in Chicago, went to vote this morning. When she tried to vote, she was told she already voted by absentee ballot, from Michigan. The woman has not been to Michigan, and had not voted.

You don't know how it pains me to know and post this. This election is enough of a mess without this kind of thing. We don't need this dragging out because of voter fraud.

I don't understand why the requirement to have ID was so controversial. You need ID to do most things in this country, so why not vote? The election process would be more secure if ID was required.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueAjah
I hope this is worthy of making a thread. I don't have details yet to back this up, but I know it to be true.

A co-worker just told me that a good friend of hers, who lives in Chicago, went to vote this morning. When she tried to vote, she was told she already voted by absentee ballot, from Michigan. The woman has not been to Michigan, and had not voted.

You don't know how it pains me to know and post this. This election is enough of a mess without this kind of thing. We don't need this dragging out because of voter fraud.

I don't understand why the requirement to have ID was so controversial. You need ID to do most things in this country, so why not vote? The election process would be more secure if ID was required.

The problem is that nobody is legally required to have a state issued ID (except when driving) but since not everyone has a car or drives they wouldn't be able to vote. In addition to this states charge for IDs so the argument can be made that you have to pay (for an id) to vote. The solution is to legally require people to have state issued IDs which are provided to the citizens of a state at no charge. I'm all for requiring people to show identification to vote fyi.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
That is disturbing to hear... Im in the SF Bay Area in California, Ive heard that (completed) absentee ballots were found discarded in the street and gutter in a couple of places in the east bay, like they'd been seperated and thrown out.
The more they modify voting procedures, the easier it gets to commit fraud.

join