It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survivor truck: For those who take Armagedon seriously.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Not my words, Fox's.

Yes it's yet another "zombie apocolypse vehicle", Fox news are highlighting a few claiming that it's "big business" now for the makers of these vehicles.

Survivor truck

I do like these kind of things, i just don't think many people will have the sense to store enough fuel for them, or have thought through things like being under martial law will probably bring the roads to a standstill.

Oh well, worth a read anyway.

CX.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Make it pretty much bullet proof is going to lower the MPG and even if it can run on baby oil and grease from the cooker after a while you're going to either be where you want to be or stuck in a fort in the middle of a big pile of bantha poo-doo and if its a long ride you'll need to sacrifice everything else for fuel so you'd better hope that base camp is loaded

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I was going to clown on it for just being a marketing ploy. But the article says all electonics are in a Faraday cage to protect from EMP, nad that it has a full NBC suite. Bulletproofing as well....this could be the real deal, but starting at 100,000.......that's a bit out of most people's price range.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Wow, I gotta start manufacturing these things!! That is not all that impressive, especially for the price tag. I've seen much better for 1/10th of the price. I've bullet-proofed cars before for a few thousand bucks! Goodyear and Michelin both have new brands of tires that are no longer pneumatic, and air and water filtration systems are all over ATS. Make it run on biodiesel, and I'm thinking I could create a much better vehicle for well under $80k.

new topics

top topics

join