It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Is Crushing Mitt Romney In A Key Polling Indicator

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Good to have a unbiased real poll that show us some adequate numbers
funny to see CNN saying its a dead heat draw

With less than 48 hours to go until voters cast their ballots, the presidential race is still in a dead heat, with national polls showing President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney virtually tied for the popular vote.

But the latest survey from the Pew Research Center shows Obama has an advantage over Mitt Romney when it comes to strength of voters’ support — a key indicator that has historically predicted which candidate will win the popular vote.

According to the survey, 39 percent of likely voters strongly support Obama, compared to just 33 percent of likely voters strongly support Romney. According to Pew’s data, the candidate with stronger support among voters has gone on to win the popular vote in 10 out of 12 elections since 1960.

Link

Cant wait for tomorrow .. Obama biggest victory
the victory he had in 2008 against Mccain would be nothing
thats why Romney was unfairly choosen by the GOP
the republican shot themself in the foot by ignoring all the Ron Paul delegates
many republican who voted for Ron Paul will do the switch to Obama
because now the choice has become really easy ..
edit on 11/5/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
but tomorrow we will see a real crushing defeat for Romney

Keep dreaming ....

There will be a winner. For sure one of them will win, of course. But it will be just by a sliver and not a 'crushing defeat'. And I doubt it'll be tomorrow. The RECOUNTS will go on and on. Whoever doesn't win will demand recounts in Ohio and such. It's too close for it not to happen.

No 'crushing defeat' for anyone. Just a slim victory win.
Not exactly a 'mandate' from the public.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I only pretty much glanced at the polls, and when I did, I also looked at others, such as Gallup, Rasmussen, etc.

But like you say, it's less than 48 hours, so I'm not even going to look at them anymore. I think it will be a close race.

However, tomorrow night, I will be up late having some brew-ha's watching the returns. Should be fun.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Ben81
but tomorrow we will see a real crushing defeat for Romney

Keep dreaming ....

There will be a winner. For sure one of them will win, of course. But it will be just by a sliver and not a 'crushing defeat'. And I doubt it'll be tomorrow. The RECOUNTS will go on and on. Whoever doesn't win will demand recounts in Ohio and such. It's too close for it not to happen.

No 'crushing defeat' for anyone. Just a slim victory win.
Not exactly a 'mandate' from the public.

dreaming ?
you can call this a premonition dream
lol

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Obama has turned a corner on the polling it seems. Things have turned really bad for Romney over the past week.

Here are all the Battleground State polls for Sunday, Obama is dominating in these. Yes, they are all by slim margins, but the trend has been that Obama has been increasing his polling, even wiping out Romney leads in some of these States.

fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com...

And even the National Polling that Republicans have been clinging to the past few weeks have turned bad for Romney, here are all the Sunday National Polls.

fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com...

Now I don't care about National Polls this close to the election. But Romney supporters have been using these to show that Romney is winning. So if they were good enough last week to show Romney winning, then I can't see how they can dismiss them now.

It seems like the election is breaking for Obama.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
First, Romney is on top, and then Obama, and they switch back and forth and create nothing more than an illusion of certainty. The country is scrutinizing it so closely. It's polls, polls, endless polls.
Is it like this for every election, or is it a new phenomenon?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

They want you to believe that your vote matters. Oooohhh look how close it is. Come and vote so you can make a difference. Its all BS...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
First, Romney is on top, and then Obama, and they switch back and forth and create nothing more than an illusion of certainty. The country is scrutinizing it so closely. It's polls, polls, endless polls.
Is it like this for every election, or is it a new phenomenon?

I don't know but I am really sick of it, I spend my days watching the cooking channel, It has been all about this election since the last election, the most Obama did while in office was run for 2012.
edit on 083030p://bMonday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
It has been all about this election since the last election, the most Obama did while in office was run for 2012.

You're right.

Heck, it seems like these last two years were focused on campaigning. It's disturbing.
edit on 5-11-2012 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
All the links are blogs and INFOWARS for polling????? hmmmm

Personally couldn't care less about the polls as they're mostly biased (based on the sampling). What matters is the voters turnout tomorrow 11/06/2012. Until then, its a mind game and psychological attempt to manipulate the voters by both sides.
edit on 5-11-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
here we are again.... bowing to the TWO Party paradigm... as if the 3rd Prties don't exist

It isn't just about Obama and Romney

see:

"Ralph Nader: Don’t vote for evil, US double standards, vote for Сa props"

rt.com...

in this RT video, (200mb)

about 10 minutes is given to Ralph to speak about the (bought & paid for) 2 party system
thats' after about 3 minutes of other lead-in reporting befor Mr Nadar is interviewed

If you've got 15 minutes of time, go ahead & listen to the eternal candidate (1992-2008)

just a note for bringing attention to your OP poll info sheet (from Phew research)

in Year 2000 between Bush 46% ... Gore 43%

the reality was that Gore had 500,000 more popular votes than Bush did... so the poll source you've shown as being credible is itself a bunch of subjective results and interpetation by the victors'

Bush & the SCOTUS decided that president not the public polls

edit on 5-11-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Is the key polling indicator liberal news outlets?

The last poll results I saw from CNN had Democrats over sampled +11.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
It is heartbreaking to see those on ATS so brainwashed.

Romney and Obama are not the only two candidates. 9,000,000 people voted for the Liberarians and Gary Johnson rocks whilst Romney and Obama are tow of the most useless candidates that I can ever remember seeing...

...Yet no-one says a word about Gary, even here.

ATS, hang your head in shame.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
It will be Romney by a landslide. Polls are meaningless in the current political environment.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

You only hope is colorado legalizies your hemp of choice, keep drinking the kool aid and beware of the purple robes. See ya on wednesday. GO ROMMNEY.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by georgemoseleylander

Agree however we only focus on the ones likely to become the next POTUS.

top topics

join