It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Harper thwarts Halloween Threat at 24 Sussex

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

At 24 Sussex, little ghouls were directed through a metal detector by RCMP officers before getting the candy goods from Stephen Harper. They also had to leave such "threatening" items as plastic swords and pitchforks on a table.

Source

All right, social engineering at it's best. Our tax dollars hard at work. I'm sooo glad those little hoodlums were kept from harming our dear and beloved Prime Minister.

This is so ridiculous. Kinda make me mad as well. It's Halloween idiot. Is he afraid some midget in a Jack Sparrow costume's gonna try to take him out? Is he so afraid of his own that he's willing to frisk little kids? The question I have to ask is...Why is he so afraid that he's willing to spend all that money, all those resources to quell a non-existing threat?
Leave the kids alone!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Yep, I read this.
Not really overkill IMHO.
At least he opens his doors to the general population.
Anyone ever tick or treat at the White House?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
FYI OP...It's always been like that, even pre 9/11 and it's not just 24 Sussex, try getting some treats from the Governor General's house...Jean-Chretien did the same exact thing when he was in power. The simple fact that the door was open is kind of cool and I heard that the Harpers are quite generous with the candy bags too.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
this is a yes and no thing for me.
first off,i'm canadian.
the fact that the kids can trick or treat at the house of our prime minister is cool!
i don't know if you can do that at the white house,or buckingham palace,please correct me if i'm wrong.
but seeing the current affairs of the world,wouldn't it be prudent to take security measures?
stephen harper is no saint,but he is our political leader,and you can't blame him for security!
i'm sure the kids didn't get the tsa 'rub down' and i'm sure they forgot all about the ordeal 5 min. after it happened!
or when they got to bob rea's house,where the lights were off!!! whatever came first!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

I live not too far from Ottawa. Mulcair the opposition leader didn't have one guard at his house. He let people in and had fun doing so. I'm sure the kids appreciated it as well.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Yeah but hes not running the country yet. And like him or not Harper is Prime Minister. If they did kill him and his family with a disguised Halloween suicide midget bomber then you would be complaining about the lack of security and how stupid and nice we are in trusting everyone

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by papazen

No I wouldn't

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

hahaha lol , I got that one

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
You guys crack me up....LOL... But just to be clear...Stevie boy does not have a word to say about the security around him, the RCMP does. As for Mulcair.....He's an opportunist and will do anything to look good in front of the camera....That party is no longuer the democratic party it once was....

new topics

top topics

join