It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is for the 20-somethings and the 50-somethings.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Okay, now I'm only 29 and on the verge of my 30th. I've been told by various people (including strangers) that I seem wiser than my years.

To those like myself in our 20's -- look at how the world has changed since you were little! Do you think world events today are really that surprising? Invasions and wars are nothing new!

To those 50-something baby boomers, I'm sure you'll get a nostalgic look back and nod your head that today isn't so crazy after all. Look at what you lived through!

The people that I meet today my age seem to take everything in the news very seriously. They act as if huge "Earth-Shattering" events have never happened before.

Ask my late uncle that served in WWII if Pearl Harbor was just a "blip"

Both generations please watch!

I hope both generations enjoy, and take in the historical perspective.

Older generations should be teaching us not to make the same mistakes. We, the younger generation should be open and receptive to their warnings and words.

edit on 30-10-2012 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I'm certain the younger folk that come to ATS are brighter than the average Joe. That would include you on one end and me on the other. People that seek out alternate, truther, conspiracy or fringe news are not hypnotized by the MSM. I'm not sure it's an age thing. Maybe a separation of whom is smarter than the other. Let's see others weigh in.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
It's a good thing for those 20 somethings to question what the hell is going on.

When I was a 20 something,it was sex,drugs,and rock and roll.
No cell phone,no iphone,no cable tv.
No computer or internet.

It was harder for the elite to manipulate our minds back then........................................

We did it to ourselves.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Well, I'm approaching 60, and I'll just say this..
Natural events that are happening around the world are nothing new, floods,quakes,storms etc, seen it all before so ignore the fear mongering msm on that. When OP was just a baby they were telling us we'd be in an ice age within ten years.

As for the world wide corruption, WOW!! I've never seen it so bad.
Loss of freedom, Holy crap!! When I was a child I could go anywhere, bunk school, sneak into the cinema, go scrumping, fish without a license, stay out late, stay home alone, smoke, drink, etc. But if a child does any of that these days its of to the police station to be handed a life long black mark on their PERSONAL file!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
It was harder for the elite to manipulate our minds back then........................................

We did it to ourselves.

yep but we enjoyed every moment of it.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
You twenty somethings had a brand new internet and the awareness that comes from
having a young open mind...

We fifty somethings had TV, newspapers, radio, and magazines.

I'm not saying the internet isn't full of propaganda, but the other mediums we had surely was, and is.

Oh, and while I like Billy Joel, this song sticks in my head and plays over and over and over....
I had to go listen to some ACDC to purge it from my brain, before it took hold.

new topics

top topics

join