It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain on Face the Nation: Obama Might Be Conducting ‘Massive Cover-Up’ With Libya Attack

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

I think there's probably way more involved than those 3.
I also think this maybe Iran Contra-esque.
It's right out of the playbook practically.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I think I agree that this was political intrigue. 1. trying to appease the Islamic public by not fighting back. 2. CIA arms dealing gone bad and a subsequent cover up. Because the father of one of the Seals killed, a Mr. Woods, made such an emotional appeal we can be sure this is not something made up by biased press. People were killed, we were lied to and PO is trying to backtrack and cover. I respect the man, but I can't imagine watching those men get killed and being so nonchalant! Something is wrong with not fighting for the men who serve us. This is worse than water boarding or Watergate. Such needless suffering.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destiny10

I think I agree that this was political intrigue. 1. trying to appease the Islamic public by not fighting back. 2. CIA arms dealing gone bad and a subsequent cover up. Because the father of one of the Seals killed, a Mr. Woods, made such an emotional appeal we can be sure this is not something made up by biased press. People were killed, we were lied to and PO is trying to backtrack and cover. I respect the man, but I can't imagine watching those men get killed and being so nonchalant! Something is wrong with not fighting for the men who serve us. This is worse than water boarding or Watergate. Such needless suffering.

Valerie Jarrett figured that if the four Americans were somehow rescued, that questions would arise as to

1) What were they doing in Benghazi in the first place?
2) What were you meeting the Turkish Ambassador to Libya there for?
3) What was the need for a 'consulate' 3 football fields long and one wide?
4) What was stored there?

So....no other reason than thinking she was being efficient, she figured that dead men tell no tales...and the artillery and guns went on to their destinations in Lebanon (for use against the Israelis), Turkey and Syria to fight the Assad regime.

Now....they are trying to come up with a plausible explanation as to why they blamed it on a stupid video.

Glenn Beck is correct. They were also going after the First Amerndment.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitruvian

By cover up what do you think he is covering up? There are people who think Cheney, Rumsfeld and Bush knew about the WTC attacks before they happened, allowed it to happen as as excuse to enter the war we have been involved with for 11 years now and they covered it up. There have been investigations and many famous and intelligent people STILL do not believe the original story.

Do you think Obama was responsible for the attacks? I mean do you think he was somehow involved in those attacks and killed Americans?

Or....

Is your complaint and John Mc Cains complaint more about Susan Rice and how the event was reported?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitruvian
McCain: Obama Might Be Conducting ‘Massive Cover-Up’ With Libya Attack

John McCain's remarks during an interview on a major television news outlet "Face the Nation" may very well be the final blow to a corrupt and inept Obama White House. Many in the intelligence community, and in the military have had it and are not going to take it any more - that's for sure. Thsi is not as much a "coup" in the making as it is an outright "overthrow" of the present government.

What we are seeing now is the MSM

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Oh wow...where to start.

Valerie Jarrett figured that if the four Americans were somehow rescued, that questions would arise as to

Ok. Valerie Jarrett didn't "figure" any of these things. You did. She hasn't made any statements to indicate that she or anybody else is at all concerned about any of these.

1) What were they doing in Benghazi in the first place?

Ummm...that's where the consulate was...right? Where else would an alleged "diplomat" hang out?

2) What were you meeting the Turkish Ambassador to Libya there for?

My guess would be to talk. I mean...if an ambassador went to another country and didn't talk to any other ambassadors or the host country...there really isn't any point in sending an ambassador. Is there?

3) What was the need for a 'consulate' 3 football fields long and one wide?

What size are all the other consulates? Every picture of one I've ever seen features a nice tall wall/gate and a huge expanse of open ground for security reasons. It would be mighty easy to eavesdrop if they just shared an office building...wouldn't it?

4) What was stored there?

Was Chris Stevens and his CIA buddies involved in smuggling guns and money into Libya? Absolutely. It was used as a BRAGGING point right after the attack. Were they storing weapons at the CONSULATE??? Hell no. If there is ONE THING that our CIA is actually competent in it's arming our enemies and smuggling drugs, guns, and cash. I find it mighty hard to believe they would make such an amateur mistake.

So....no other reason than thinking she was being efficient, she figured that dead men tell no tales...

Once again...simply in your imagination. There is ZERO empirical evidence to suggest this assertion.

and the artillery and guns went on to their destinations in Lebanon (for use against the Israelis),

Again...any evidence of this? Please let me know. If the Obama Administration was ACTUALLY arming and aiding the Lebanese and/or Palestinians against Israel I need to know before the election so I can change my vote from Gary Johnson to Obama. All in all, I think the guy is a lousy president...but anybody who sides with the Palestinians can't be all bad.

Now....they are trying to come up with a plausible explanation as to why they blamed it on a stupid video.

What "excuse" is needed? Half the middle east was rioting. Do you think it's possible that these guys are just the Libyan equivalents of some of the uneducated hill-folk we have in this country who saw the riots on TV or on Twitter and figured now was a great time to go play "Libyan Patriot"? Remember that goofball in WI a couple months back who shot up the Sikh temple because he was too ignorant to know that they were Hindu...not Muslim?

I know it often SEEMS like the United States has a monopoly on willful ignorance...but other countries have their fair share too.

Glenn Beck is correct.

That's a first. FYI...you might not want to go running around justifying your argument by invoking the name of Glenn Beck. LOL.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destiny10

I think I agree that this was political intrigue. 1. trying to appease the Islamic public by not fighting back.

Ok...but why would we all of a sudden start NOW? If Obama REALLY wanted to appease the Islamic public...why did he not end both wars immediately, close down Gitmo, and draw a red line in the sand and instruct Israel that it WILL BE returning to the 1967 border whether they like it or not?? Indeed, the biggest strike AGAINST Obama in my opinion is that he HASN'T tried to appease the Islamic public at all since he's been in office.

2. CIA arms dealing gone bad and a subsequent cover up.

Without a doubt. In fact, immediately after Stevens turned up dead his role in arming, funding, and orchestrating a the Libyan civil war which left 50,000 civilians dead while in the country as an illegal alien was actually used as a BRAGGING point. I completely agree with you. Based upon all of the available information we have to date...it's pretty obvious these four Americans were nothing more terrorists themselves.

Because the father of one of the Seals killed, a Mr. Woods, made such an emotional appeal we can be sure this is not something made up by biased press.

LOL. It's suspect BECAUSE it was emotional. Emotion persuades. Emotion SELLS. When people get emotional they STOP THINKING and process the world around them according to FEELING instead of rational thought. When people stop thinking critically...they are very easily managed. Remember when the CIA lied about the "incubator babies" to get everyone all worked up for the Iraq War 1.0? They pawned off the daughter of the Kuwaiti Ambassador as being "Nurse Nayirah" before the UNITED STATES CONGRESS. Here's the video.

People were killed, we were lied to and PO is trying to backtrack and cover. I respect the man, but I can't imagine watching those men get killed and being so nonchalant! Something is wrong with not fighting for the men who serve us. This is worse than water boarding or Watergate. Such needless suffering.

Wait a second....

You just said that you believe that they were covert arms dealers for the CIA. The CIA!!! These are the same people who lied to you about the Gulf of Tonkin incident, almost started a full blown nuclear war by unnecessarily escalating tensions with the Bay of Pigs invasion, continued looking for Bin Laden in Afghanistan EIGHT YEARS after our late-night comedians started joking about how "everybody knows he's in Pakistan", has proven either completely incompetent in the "War on Drugs" or a complicit partner of the drug cartels, armed and funded the Saddam Hussein's Ba'ath Party and put the Assad family in control of Syria in the '70's, and also armed and funded the Afghan Muhajideen (see: Charlie Wilson's War), and provided the "intelligence" which cost the US Taxpayer over a $1 Trillion dollars and a decade in Iraq for NO REASON WHATSOEVER.

So...let's just say for a second that the Obama Admin REALLY did refuse to act despite being able to do so. Let me ask you...how many 19 and 20 yr old farm boys from Kansas and Nebraska would you send into the meat grinder to save these four CIA agents whose actions ALREADY have killed 50,000 innocent civilians in Libya? To what end? So they can go kill another 50,000 in Syria next month?

CIA agents aren't "our troops". "Our troops" are those 19 and 20 year old farm boys and the guy you work with who is in the reserves and just got called up. Indeed, there is NOTHING in our collective American experience which would even indicate that the CIA is on ANYBODY'S side save for their own. Hell...the CIA is responsible for more American Deaths in the Vietnam War alone than ALL armed conflict AND terrorist attacks from the Islamic/Arabic world COMBINED.

Who's the real the enemy here? If past history is any example and Stevens was really running arms through Libya AGAIN those Libyan "terrorists" might have saved us from the upcoming Libyan War of 2027 when our own weapons are turned against us AGAIN!!

You would have thought we would have learned our lesson when we trained, armed, and organized the Japanese Army and Navy in the late 1800's after what happened at Pearl Harbor...but no...we JUST KEEP DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER, AND OVER, AND OVER, AND OVER, AND OVER.......

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
This has been posted more than once - I hope its not in violation.

There are just times when an image tells the whole story!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Reading this reminds me of the thwarted Christmas Day 2010 terrorist attack, In which our President stated:

"In our ever changing world, America's first line of defense is timely, accurate intelligence that is shared, integrated, analyzed and ACTED UPON quickly and effectively."

Watch this 3 min or so Youtube video from his speach. It's entitled "Obama: 'Buck Stops With Me' in handling terror threats". The 'buck stops with me' comment comes from 1:58 - 2:10

www.youtube.com...

(Don't know how to embed...sorry.)

Yes, there have been other instances where Americans died and the retaliation may have seemed to be too little, too late. THIS is different. They had between 4 to 7 hours to act (depending upon whom you listen to), and chose not to. They received numerous requests for assistance, and chose to ignore. When advised by military personnel they were going in, they were told to stand down. And then to deny that it was a terrorist attack, but rather a reaction by a mob to a movie no one even knew existed?!?!? Only to finally admit SOMETHING when the Secretary of State took responsibility?!?!?!?!

I dunno. Think what you will. My thoughts on this make me nauseous.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitruvian

This is all disgusting political rhetoric. On the original 911 I don't remember hearing crap like this from Dems when the country was attacked. You and the idiot McCain should be ashamed of yourselves.

Making this into an election issue is reprehensible.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by fripw
On the original 911 I don't remember hearing crap like this from Dems when the country was attacked.

See, either it is disgusting rhetoric, or it is not. By adding in the above quoted line, and all that follows, you open yourself and your argument up for dissection.

I am by no means a Bush supporter. Second worst president ever, behind the current one. But when 9/11 happened, and he finished reading his book, it became open season on Bushie.

You may not remember it, but it was there.

And since then both parties have acted so pathetically that the condition of politics in this country has become so caustic that it sickens those of us not under the quadrennial voodoo spell that seems to suck all reason and common sense from the mind of the moronic masses that continuously eat from the same two scatalogical troughs election cycle after election cycle.

(deeeeeeeep inhale)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Just breaking now on Fox.........

This is new and Romney will have to confront BHO on this sometime within the next few days !

Note that the MSM seems to be on top it it finally............we shall see.

CBS News has learned that during the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. Mission in Benghazi, the Obama Administration did not convene its top interagency counterterrorism resource: the Counterterrorism Security Group (CSG)

by FOXNEWS analyst Greta Van Susteren Posted in: Benghazi, CBS, Libya
Nov 1 2012 - 6:29 PM ET

Sources: Key task force not convened during Benghazi consulate attack

By Sharyl Attkisson, CBS News

CBS News has learned that during the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. Mission in Benghazi, the Obama Administration did not convene its top interagency counterterrorism resource: the Counterterrorism Security Group, (CSG).

“The CSG is the one group that’s supposed to know what resources every agency has. They know of multiple options and have the ability to coordinate counterterrorism assets across all the agencies,” a high-ranking government official told CBS News. “They were not allowed to do their job. They were not called upon.”

Information shared with CBS News from top counterterrorism sources in the government and military reveal keen frustration over the U.S. response on Sept. 11, the night ambassador Chris Stevens and 3 other Americans were killed in a coordinated attack on the U.S. consulate in Libya.

The circumstances of the attack, including the intelligence and security situation there, will be the subject of a Senate Intelligence Committee closed hearing on Nov. 15, with additional hearings to follow.

Counterterrorism sources and internal emails reviewed by CBS News express frustration that key responders were ready to deploy, but were not called upon to help in the attack.

CBS News has agreed not to quote directly from the emails, and to protect the identities of the sources who hold sensitive counterterrorism posts within the State Department, the US military and the Justice Department.

As to why the Counterterrorism Security Group was not convened, National Security Council Spokesman Tommy Vietor told CBS News “From the moment the President was briefed on the Benghazi attack, the response effort was handled by the most senior national security officials in governments. Members of the CSG were of course involved in these meetings and discussions to support their bosses.”

LINK to rest of the story

edit on 1-11-2012 by Vitruvian because: TXT

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

MORE BREAKING on Benghazi :

It just keeps going, and going and going.
New Details on Benghazi
Nov 1, 2012 4:19 PM EDT
Two U.S. officials tell Eli Lake that the State Department never requested military backup the night of the attack.
Opening paragraph(s)

On the night of the 9/11 anniversary assault at the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, the Americans defending the compound and a nearby CIA annex were severely outmanned. Nonetheless, the State Department never requested military backup that evening, two senior U.S. officials familiar with the details of military planning tell The Daily Beast.
In its seventh week, discussion about what happened in Benghazi has begun to focus on why military teams in the region did not respond to the assault on the U.S. mission and the nearby CIA annex. The only security backup that did arrive that evening were former special-operations soldiers under the command of the CIA—one from the nearby annex and another Quick Reaction Force from Tripoli. On Friday, Fox News reported that requests from CIA officers for air support on the evening of the attacks were rejected. (The Daily Beast was not able to confirm that those requests were made, though no U.S. official contacted for this story directly refuted the claim either.)
It’s unlikely any outside military team could have arrived in Benghazi quickly enough to save Ambassador Chris Stevens or his colleague Sean Smith, both of whom died from smoke inhalation after a band of more than 100 men overran the U.S. mission at around 9:30 p.m. that evening and set the buildings inside ablaze.

But military backup may have made a difference at around five the following morning, when a second wave of attackers assaulted the CIA annex where embassy personnel had taken refuge. It was during this second wave of attacks that two ex-SEALs working for the CIA’s security teams—Glenn Doherty and Tyrone Woods—were killed in a mortar strike.

edit on 2-11-2012 by Vitruvian because: txt

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join